• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s good to see you you will get your Xmas pressie. Well done. 👍

It’s good to see you you will get your Xmas pressie. Well done. 👍
Thank you, although a problem has arisen. The collection day is the same day as a rail strike, so, plan a cancelled. I do think 95 miles is a bit of a walk, so a fellow local forum member has kindly offered to give me a lift. I have never had so many problems/issues when buying a car.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am November build, Dec delivery. Not had the check out email yet. LCC are baffled. Doesn’t bode well for Dec delivery.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Thank you, although a problem has arisen. The collection day is the same day as a rail strike, so, plan a cancelled. I do think 95 miles is a bit of a walk, so a fellow local forum member has kindly offered to give me a lift. I have never had so many problems/issues when buying a car.
thats nice. id happily have taken you if I was in the Uk also... not that far away....

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am November build, Dec delivery. Not had the check out email yet. LCC are baffled. Doesn’t bode well for Dec delivery.
Yes, I was November build December delivery, had my checkout email 2 weeks ago, and that with the car rolling off the line 17th November. I have no idea if this the usual time scale for the preceedings.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
noooo holiday home.. my moms home... over close to sutton coldfield... Im from the midlands..not from spain...
Oh ok, so you just live in Spain then. So not far from Brownhills where my Aunt lives and where im going tomorrow. You will have to let me know when you are back in the uk.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My birthplace!
I believe its also a Royal Sutton Coldfield now.
Are you collecting From Rybrook Solihull also?
you are posh then.. my mom had a big upgrade to get there from down trodden erdington...and technically she is in walmley, we wont argue the difference, but there is one.. haha

Yes in theory from rybrook.... if I collect.... its still up in the air, between this Uk car, the Spanish car and No car as I often think, is any car going to come close to my summer arriving Caterham 420 for a weekend early morning fun drive? The auto answer to that is no, not even a 350 HP Elise would come close in my opinion, so hence I think what am I going to do with the Emira? Get some admiring looks, yes for sure, be happy each time I look at it, yes for sure (well while it works and shows a quality build, which I have my serious doubts about).
There is the dilema and add to that the permanent itch of a gt3 touring, although even that is not going to beat a caterham, especially on the damn narrow roads and blind bends around here. So, with just about any car going to spend 99% of its time in my garage, I ask...... why, apart from supporting the UK economy and a company that to be honest, does not deserve my support from what I have witnessed so far.

So endeth the sermon

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
you are posh then.. my mom had a big upgrade to get there from down trodden erdington...and technically she is in walmley, we wont argue the difference, but there is one.. haha

Yes in theory from rybrook.... if I collect.... its still up in the air, between this Uk car, the Spanish car and No car as I often think, is any car going to come close to my summer arriving Caterham 420 for a weekend early morning fun drive? The auto answer to that is no, not even a 350 HP Elise would come close in my opinion, so hence I think what am I going to do with the Emira? Get some admiring looks, yes for sure, be happy each time I look at it, yes for sure (well while it works and shows a quality build, which I have my serious doubts about).
There is the dilema and add to that the permanent itch of a gt3 touring, although even that is not going to beat a caterham, especially on the damn narrow roads and blind bends around here. So, with just about any car going to spend 99% of its time in my garage, I ask...... why, apart from supporting the UK economy and a company that to be honest, does not deserve my support from what I have witnessed so far.

So endeth the sermon
It’s an age thing. You get more logical and less emotional as you get older.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It’s an age thing. You get more logical and less emotional as you get older.
Am I old or are you old? haha
or we are both "finished"
I am quite excited about the caterham ..and that is 6 months away... the emira is "days" away and I am almost neutral.
So not sure its an age thing, or simply having driven the car I know its not wowing my senses... noise is less potent.... gear change doesnt compare...handling... unfair to think it can compare.... looks, I like the look of them both in very different ways.... enjoyment, that can be an age thing as if I were 75 I doubt I would be hopping into the caterham, although you never knowwwww.
I do think, as I have said before, the whole drawn out, teeth pulling process, has sucked the excitement out. Compared to ordering other new cars, this has been hands and feet down and toes curled up, the worst....

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am quite excited about the caterham ..and that is 6 months away... the emira is "days" away and I am almost neutral.
So not sure its an age thing, or simply having driven the car I know its not wowing my senses... noise is less potent.... gear change doesnt compare...handling... unfair to think it can compare.... looks, I like the look of them both in very different ways.... enjoyment, that can be an age thing as if I were 75 I doubt I would be hopping into the caterham, although you never knowwwww.
I do think, as I have said before, the whole drawn out, teeth pulling process, has sucked the excitement out. Compared to ordering other new cars, this has been hands and feet down and toes curled up, the worst....
Do you almost feel you have to do it, go through with it, because you've been on this journey for so long. I need some more inspiration from Harry, after all he's driven it as a touring car to Milan so he must know the aggravating features of the car and the good ones above other cars he has owned. Could his actual car be a long term loaner from Lotus to help with positive publicity?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do you almost feel you have to do it, go through with it, because you've been on this journey for so long. I need some more inspiration from Harry, after all he's driven it as a touring car to Milan so he must know the aggravating features of the car and the good ones above other cars he has owned. Could his actual car be a long term loaner from Lotus to help with positive publicity?
I definitely feel that way at times.

Don't Harry's early car spec videos pre date the Lotus cs shit show?

Lolub

Reaction score
In reading all of your posts, do you think you actually want this car? What makes it so hard to walk away? Seems like you already have mentally, at least. Just curious...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
haha... I dont think its a long term loaner no. I dont think he is dishonest and would not misrepresent himself like that..he doesnt need the money and doesnt need to and would not put himself at risk for Lotus.
I guess, like a broken relationship.. you kind of always feel...until the last minute..it could be fixed.... Lotus could call, give me a choice of dates, make a special effort...... to change things around.....
thats how I feel, BUT, I know in my heart of hearts, thats not going to happen...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
In reading all of your posts, do you think you actually want this car? What makes it so hard to walk away? Seems like you already have mentally, at least. Just curious...
Its not that hard to walk away and underneath I know I will not enjoy this car as much as most people may. Im not saying its not a good car, it is a good car, and certainly for the supposed base price it would have been. However it, and probably no car this side of 150k will be an amazing car to me and thats my fault, not the cars.
My living circumstances and location also hinder me from enjoying most cars that wide....
So I think the thing is, part of me wants it.... heart maybe... but my head tells me its not a good idea.... This is the internal struggle.
Then, well, if I walk away, I'd still like to sell it and make up for the experience....
But I also think maybe a few days driving it around france may perhaps make me change my almost made up mind..

So yes, all a bit of a mess :)

Wake

Reaction score
I don’t know where you are based, but I think you mentioned in another thread that you are collecting from Silverstone? Not far from me so if you do need a lift or something falls through I’d be happy to help!

Lolub

Reaction score
Its not that hard to walk away and underneath I know I will not enjoy this car as much as most people may. Im not saying its not a good car, it is a good car, and certainly for the supposed base price it would have been. However it, and probably no car this side of 150k will be an amazing car to me and thats my fault, not the cars.
My living circumstances and location also hinder me from enjoying most cars that wide....
So I think the thing is, part of me wants it.... heart maybe... but my head tells me its not a good idea.... This is the internal struggle.
Then, well, if I walk away, I'd still like to sell it and make up for the experience....
But I also think maybe a few days driving it around france may perhaps make me change my almost made up mind..

So yes, all a bit of a mess :)
Thank you for your honesty and openness. Now I understand you better. ☺️ Very relatable, your struggle, being torn. Same for me as well... My heart says yes, but my finances say no, but choosing hard to ignore that! 😁