UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, for our business, but I don't think "logical" appears in the Lotus dictionary. You would think that the transport company in Upper Heyford would want to deliver the cars as quickly as possible, as surely they have not got unlimited space to keep them.
Have you seen the size of the airfield at Upper Heyford? Space isn’t an issue. Try counting the number of cars there.

CFD40489-28C5-44FE-BD3B-1374FC3DE277.jpeg

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Have you seen the size of the airfield at Upper Heyford? Space isn’t an issue. Try counting the number of cars there.

View attachment 20079
I will give you that Tom. Yes, it looks to be somewhat larger than our yard. So does that mean, potentially at least, our cars could be stuck there twiddling their thumbs for a great deal of time?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There seem to be some logistical and/or PDI issues at the moment, so I reckon cars could be there for as little as a week or well over 4 weeks. I'm sure Lotus and BCA want to get a more reliable flow but it's not happening yet.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My reply to the time my car has spent on the dreaded delivery spreadsheet:

AATWAfveYnTGuc0xkUl9UnP2nlM9z5PjQq7cjEIBG4NfgqABjMy6pc7KK2ELp4qbypUS=s40-p

Customer Care​

9:59 AM (17 minutes ago)

Good morning Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

As discussed, I have sent a follow up with regards to the delivery dates for your Lotus Emira.

Our derlivery team had advised that they are currently looking into this and will let me know as soon as dates becomes available. As soon as I have received confirmation of this, I will contact you to let you know.

I am at least happy the guy followed up, although still no answer on why where the car is. If its at PDI, be nice to know it, although in reality thats probably not going to ever happen. The idea would be that no car spends more than a day or two at PDI and whatever issue they find does not take more than another day or two in order to fix..... WHEN things get organised properly and they prioritise correctly..

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The place where new Emira's get lost and found prior to customer delivery...
Well yes, Lotus have not got a good track record when it comes to the clerical/paperwork side of things. With reference to the build sequence not being in deposit order. This is a worrying thought you have raised.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well yes, Lotus have not got a good track record when it comes to the clerical/paperwork side of things. With reference to the build sequence not being in deposit order. This is a worrying thought you have raised.
Trouble is that cars at Upper Heyford will be left to fester in all weathers for weeks before we get them, having experience with 3 Evoras some of them will leak and carpets will get very wet!!!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Trouble is that cars at Upper Heyford will be left to fester in all weathers for weeks before we get them, having experience with 3 Evoras some of them will leak and carpets will get very wet!!!
they will be fine..... under cover and in a heated room wont they.... haha

1670517916204.png

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not if they are like the LR Freelander I had which had stood around for a year before being sold. Rusty as a anything inside behind panels, didn't keep it long 😉
Luckily the Lotus is made out of recycled carrier bags so won't rust but will biodegrade over time or end up in an ocean somewhere at the end of its life.

Mike

Reaction score
My reply to the time my car has spent on the dreaded delivery spreadsheet:

AATWAfveYnTGuc0xkUl9UnP2nlM9z5PjQq7cjEIBG4NfgqABjMy6pc7KK2ELp4qbypUS=s40-p

Customer Care​

9:59 AM (17 minutes ago)

Good morning Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

As discussed, I have sent a follow up with regards to the delivery dates for your Lotus Emira.

Our derlivery team had advised that they are currently looking into this and will let me know as soon as dates becomes available. As soon as I have received confirmation of this, I will contact you to let you know.

I am at least happy the guy followed up, although still no answer on why where the car is. If its at PDI, be nice to know it, although in reality thats probably not going to ever happen. The idea would be that no car spends more than a day or two at PDI and whatever issue they find does not take more than another day or two in order to fix..... WHEN things get organised properly and they prioritise correctly..
And..... Did you get a call back?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I got an email...saying they CS..had contacted the delivery...department... to ask what was going on..
heard nothing since then... 2 days ago...
Hi, got a call from LCC today, got to pay for Emira tomorrow, then delivery date 17th December. I can hardly believe it. Was beginning to think Lotus didn't want to sell/let me have the car.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Hi, got a call from LCC today, got to pay for Emira tomorrow, then delivery date 17th December. I can hardly believe it. Was beginning to think Lotus didn't want to sell/let me have the car.
congrats.... 1 day to make payment.. i wont be able to do that.... money coming from 2 countries and not moving it until i get a date....
we shall see next week maybe..
congrats again

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
congrats.... 1 day to make payment.. i wont be able to do that.... money coming from 2 countries and not moving it until i get a date....
we shall see next week maybe..
congrats again
Cheers mate, I have had the money parked in one account for a week, poised and ready for action. I did send an email, to [email protected], perhaps a little harsh with a sprinkling of sarcasm. Got an email reply then a call next day. Seems that being tough with them gets results. It does make me think how much longer they would have dragged it out for, considering, I have now got delivery next Saturday.🤔

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Cheers mate, I have had the money parked in one account for a week, poised and ready for action. I did send an email, to [email protected], perhaps a little harsh with a sprinkling of sarcasm. Got an email reply then a call next day. Seems that being tough with them gets results. It does make me think how much longer they would have dragged it out for, considering, I have now got delivery next Saturday.🤔
It’s good to see you you will get your Xmas pressie. Well done. 👍