• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Lotus Type 133 Electric Sedan to compete with Porsche Taycan

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Lotus, the Type 133 will be a "lifestyle EV" and be built in Wuhan, China with a targeted launch of 2023. Even though the Eletre SUV debuted first, it was apparently always in Lotus' plans to build a car like this, too. That's not surprising given the Porsche Taycan's huge success as it outsold even the 911 last year.

As of right now, there isn't much additional info about the Type 133. Lotus' Managing Director Matt Windle did add that the Eletre's 600 horsepower dual electric motor setup is “where we’re starting at—there's more to come." So expect something even spicier than that in the future.

Source: https://www.thedrive.com/news/elect...-coming-in-2023-to-take-on-the-porsche-taycan

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
To be honest I am more interested in how these EVs from Lotus will handle than the Emira. We pretty much know what the Emira will be, but will Lotus change the game with the driving dynamics of these EVs?

Schumacher

Reaction score
I just don't see anyone wanting to buy a Chinese car over a German car. I don't see how it can compete.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s crazy to think they can compete with Porsche on any level tbh. 911 sales are restricted by allocation Taycan waiting list is off the charts as well currently.

Hope I’m wrong, but Jaguar has failed so many times already to launch a “brand” to compete with the German marques, I don’t see Lotus being much different. They need to convince the masses who have little knowledge of Lotus to switch - will be very difficult.

Feels more like a potential Tesla challenger? Either way, I’m even starting to get confused around what Lotus is going to stand for, I thought it was a sports car brand “for the drivers”? Now it’s an EV led “Prestige” brand? I’ll watch this all with interest…..

Reactions: xen