2023 Lotus Envya: Type 133 electric four-door spied for the first time

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The first images of the electric 'four-door coupe' from Lotus – codenamed Type 133 – have appeared on Chinese social media website Weibo, ahead of the car's launch net year.

The two prototypes wear heavy camouflage as they begin on-road testing following the Type 133's development at the company’s new multibillion-dollar facility in Wuhan, China.

Despite the camouflage, the front end appears to echo the design language seen on the Lotus Eletre SUV, while the rear pillarless door shows a sloping roof line – confirming the Lotus will adopt a 'four-door coupe' shape like the electric Porsche Taycan.

Full article here:

iotgqk9i0663amzhduxf.jpeg

It could also be called the Etude. They're not 100% sure yet.

For some reason, Etude seems to fit better for a saloon in my mind than Envya but time will reveal all.

It could also be called the Etude. They're not 100% sure yet.

For some reason, Etude seems to fit better for a saloon in my mind than Envya but time will reveal all.
the latter was a nice singer...had a good voice...

Are you starting....
thats more like the ettude i like to see.... thats a stupid name by the way...... ettude....what the hell? Elipse.... Edgy ..... Evermore.... no, they need to ditch the E crap now, a change is a good as a holiday

😂 I swear I talk to you guys on this forum more than my actual friends IRL. Thanks for the entertainment... I don't know how I'd get through my work days otherwise.
you have friends in IRL ireland? cool..... my parents are irish too..maybe they know your friends.... ;)

Kind of agree. "Etude" doesn't sound like a SUV or sportscar... The name reminds me of the Mazda Etude sold exclusively in Japan in the late 1980's --- a 5 door hatchback based on the BF type 323. A practical everyday car, but not interesting in the least. If you believe everything on Wikipedia, they sold the Mazda 323 by the name Etude in South Africa, too...

What about the Social tagging @Etude
Customers will probably receive their 133 before we get our 131. From what i understand, 132 is in production. It seems that when a car is Chinese manufactured, it is far more efficient than when Hethel build cars. Almost like Lotus of old. They did the 8,9,10 and 11, then did the 7.