• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Lotus Envya (Type 133 EV)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Im not that interested and it doesn't look that great so far...I pray it doesnt take the ugly rear end from the Eletre, which is not totally shown up by the new Ferrari 4 door car.... Not the same sector I know, but that is a GOOD looking car and the Eletre is half a decent looking car, until you get to the disjointed, doesn't belong rear 1/4 portion

Anyway....

Lotus Envya Electric Sedan Spied Testing In China

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It looks like a sedan version of the Eletre. Which is fine. I actually like the rear of the eletre, it's my favorite part.

Keep in mind, this car will compete with Model S Plaid and Taycan. Model S Plaid is 4,766 pounds and Taycan is between 4,500 and 5,200 lbs depending on spec.

The ELETRE is apparently only 4,400 lbs. Crazy that a big SUV is 100 lbs lighter and gets 100 miles more range than the lightest Taycan. So I'd say that bodes pretty well for Envya.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Remember guys, CHINA IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE! They could care less if you like/dislike the interior.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It looks like a sedan version of the Eletre. Which is fine. I actually like the rear of the eletre, it's my favorite part.

Keep in mind, this car will compete with Model S Plaid and Taycan. Model S Plaid is 4,766 pounds and Taycan is between 4,500 and 5,200 lbs depending on spec.

The ELETRE is apparently only 4,400 lbs. Crazy that a big SUV is 100 lbs lighter and gets 100 miles more range than the lightest Taycan. So I'd say that bodes pretty well for Envya.
as this is my thread, can I delete what you said about the rear? haha
I mean the rear on its own is fine... although its very much like the KIA EV, but it doesnt fit with the aggressive front.... lambo type..oh well....
I hope they get their Electric sports car right!

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Or just buy a Taycan............. The only reason I'm even considering an Emira is the UK connection, I have absolutely no interest and a gussied up Geely Chinese EV. There is nothing "Lotus" about any of these forthcoming EV's aside from the badge.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Or just buy a Taycan............. The only reason I'm even considering an Emira is the UK connection, I have absolutely no interest and a gussied up Geely Chinese EV. There is nothing "Lotus" about any of these forthcoming EV's aside from the badge.
well......isnt the design done by Lotus at hethel......?
Wont most of the engineering be done by Lotus? Helped by their German site....
Testing does seem to be in CHINA...this is true and certainly manufacturing is, but IMO I am at the point now where I think I would prefer manufacturing and QC to be done elsewhere......Thinks Apple, think virtually everything...
The new Defender is no longer made in Solihull. There has never been a Lotus that has been acclaimed at being well made... ever.... (await Lotus T shirt wearing attack). The same could be said of Landrover if we are honest. Around the world, UK car companies, Bentley & RR, German owned and controlled aside, have a terrible reputation, Lotus are not widely known enough to have carried their poor UK / US reputation very far, but all the other companies, from Rover, Triumph, Jaguar etc... they are not renowned for quality and being british built doesn't help that. Joke in COLOMBIA of all places, why do the british like warm beer? Lucas made fridges..
yes I know they didn't, but this is what people think about UK made products..
Sorry to bash my fellow brits... its simple fact.

Its been a long time since I think I can say I am confident in a british owned brand made car being up to what I would expect to be a good quality level.... Ariel 90% .... 1 - 2 cars a week though, not going to shine to brightly.

Im not interested in these EV's as I think the design is very poor...disjointed, and I dont expect to see huge numbers of them in the UK at least, hence throwing free charging for 3 or 50 years at people trying to get them to bite, but I do think they will be well made..

time will tell

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
well......isnt the design done by Lotus at hethel......?
Wont most of the engineering be done by Lotus? Helped by their German site....
Testing does seem to be in CHINA...this is true and certainly manufacturing is, but IMO I am at the point now where I think I would prefer manufacturing and QC to be done elsewhere......Thinks Apple, think virtually everything...
The new Defender is no longer made in Solihull. There has never been a Lotus that has been acclaimed at being well made... ever.... (await Lotus T shirt wearing attack). The same could be said of Landrover if we are honest. Around the world, UK car companies, Bentley & RR, German owned and controlled aside, have a terrible reputation, Lotus are not widely known enough to have carried their poor UK / US reputation very far, but all the other companies, from Rover, Triumph, Jaguar etc... they are not renowned for quality and being british built doesn't help that. Joke in COLOMBIA of all places, why do the british like warm beer? Lucas made fridges..
yes I know they didn't, but this is what people think about UK made products..
Sorry to bash my fellow brits... its simple fact.

Its been a long time since I think I can say I am confident in a british owned brand made car being up to what I would expect to be a good quality level.... Ariel 90% .... 1 - 2 cars a week though, not going to shine to brightly.

Im not interested in these EV's as I think the design is very poor...disjointed, and I dont expect to see huge numbers of them in the UK at least, hence throwing free charging for 3 or 50 years at people trying to get them to bite, but I do think they will be well made..

time will tell
Bently and Roll Royce springs to mind and at the other end Sunderland’s Nissan factory does well.

Mind you - they are all foreign companies, building here!

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Bently and Roll Royce springs to mind and at the other end Sunderland’s Nissan factory does well.

Mind you - they are all foreign companies, building here!
I did say Bentley and RR asside and german owned and organised, so quite different and the nissan plant again, not UK owned and more machines than people id guess

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I did say Bentley and RR asside and german owned and organised, so quite different and the nissan plant again, not UK owned and more machines than people id guess
I need to get my glasses on, it’s been a long week, thank god it’s Friday and I can look forward to watching football and a pint.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wow. That’s a very generic derivative EV just like most other brands. Not impressed with the design language.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They really need to park this for 2023 and concentrate on the other 3 cars release and quality.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
yes, its quite generic and boring for a Lotus / Geely product