Goodwood Festival of Speed Debut of the Emira with new 2.0l

Featured
LOTUS_EMIRA-2.0_SHADOW-GREY.jpg

Hethel, UK – 7 July 2023 Lotus lands at next week’s Goodwood Festival of Speed with its biggest-ever stand at the event, and a huge range of activities that will appeal to the tens of thousands of performance car fans attending. Alternatively follow the action on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

For 2023 the Lotus stand is in a new position, closer to the start of the iconic Hill Climb. It’s the perfect spot to witness the ‘Lotus Moment’, a unique parade of Lotus cars past and present, taking place every day and a fitting tribute to celebrate the brand’s 75th anniversary year. Check daily schedules for exact timings.

Taking centre stage for Lotus is the Eletre, making its dynamic debut at the Festival. With customer deliveries starting soon in the UK and across Europe, Goodwood is the perfect time to discover its unique design, advanced all-electric powertrain and intuitive driver-focused technology.

The Eletre is aimed at a new generation of Lotus customers. A true Lotus, it blends the core DNA of the Emira and Evija, reinterpreting them as a practical, versatile and spacious family-oriented hyper-SUV. Twice a day members of the Lotus Customer Experience team will be demonstrating its capabilities on the Lotus stand, including the active aerodynamics and immersive 23-speaker audio system created in partnership with British brand KEF and sound processing pioneer Dolby.

Goodwood Festival of Speed also marks the eagerly anticipated expansion of the Emira range, with the public debut of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder version. Customer deliveries of the Emira four-cylinder will start later this year

For Lotus fans who love the live action thrills of Goodwood, all four current cars – Eletre, Emira, Emira V6 (Thursday only) and the pure electric hypercar, the Evija – will be taking part in Hill Climb activity throughout the Festival. Examples will also be on the Lotus stand, and an Eletre and Emira 2.0-litre will be in the First Glance Paddock.

Mike Johnstone, Group Vice-President and Chief Commercial Officer, Lotus, commented: “In our 75th year we’ve got an amazing Goodwood Festival of Speed line-up. The current range is a fitting tribute to everything that’s come before, and this is such a great venue for enthusiasts to see our cars and learn about the transformation of Lotus from our knowledgeable product experts.”

The Lotus stand will be a hub of activity all weekend. Plans include a live Q&A with F1 World Champion Jenson Button (Saturday), who will also be driving a Lotus Evija in the Hill Climb on Saturday, two live recordings of the hugely popular US-based motoring podcast The Smoking Tire (Friday and Saturday), and daily presentations of the Eletre’s audio system by experts from KEF.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just been chatting with Richard Hill (chief engineer Lotus) who's just rocked up at Winterton on sea car park in a pre proction i4, what are the chances!

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_112534.jpg
    IMG_20230708_112534.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_20230708_112443.jpg
    IMG_20230708_112443.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_20230708_112436.jpg
    IMG_20230708_112436.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_20230708_112306.jpg
    IMG_20230708_112306.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_20230708_112221.jpg
    IMG_20230708_112221.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20230708_112225.jpg
    IMG_20230708_112225.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 665

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just been chatting with Richard Hill (chief engineer Lotus) who's just rocked up at Winterton on sea car park in a pre production i4, what are the chances!
Go on then, I'll ask first, did you hear it running/how did it sound/what were his impressions????

AU22 BMZ - first registered June 2022!

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Go on then, I'll ask first, did you hear it running/how did it sound/what were his impressions????

AU22 BMZ - first registered June 2022!
What a lovely guy along with his wife. Must have chatted for half an hour at the side of the car. He started it for me, quite impressed with the sound, considering it was at a standstill. Asked him the question which was best? He's a V6 fan... Old school! But as a pervormer with the gearbox, smoothness of delivery and economy, he suggested the AMG is the better car! 😲😲😲 Will be interested to see for myself when test drives are available! Certainly not a lot to see of the engine!

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have no doubt the DCT will be the better car, just won't be as special.
Either way, the car is still epic.
I've asked Lotus for an i4 drive but nothing happening.
I'm not sure what will make it 'better' for a sports car. This week I test drove a 2020 Evora GT Auto just before test driving a 2011 Evora manual. Although the GT looked much more aggressive and impressive overall, the auto was laaaame and I had much more fun in the older Evora despite the 130 HP deficit. It made me 100% realize that a Lotus with an Auto just lacks the fun/engagement factor, which to me makes the auto a much 'lesser' car in that regard.

I'm sure the auto tranny in the GT is not as refined as it is in the i4 DCT Emira version, but in terms of shifting and smoothness, it was a major downgrade from the B58 + ZF8 that I daily.

Anyways, for those still on the fence for manual vs. auto (which is inherently a primary part of the decision of V6 vs. i4), I would strongly encourage you to go drive some Lotus autos vs. manuals and assess it for yourself.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just hope it sounds good. The exhaust sound is critical.

Interesting new wheel design on the rear mismatched wheels

Reactions: ADC

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting new wheel design on the rear mismatched wheels
Great looking wheel. I hope it's available to buy separately without too much delay. Bonus if it's 19" rather than 20", but I won't hold my breath.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not sure what will make it 'better' for a sports car. This week I test drove a 2020 Evora GT Auto just before test driving a 2011 Evora manual. Although the GT looked much more aggressive and impressive overall, the auto was laaaame and I had much more fun in the older Evora despite the 130 HP deficit. It made me 100% realize that a Lotus with an Auto just lacks the fun/engagement factor, which to me makes the auto a much 'lesser' car in that regard.

I'm sure the auto tranny in the GT is not as refined as it is in the i4 DCT Emira version, but in terms of shifting and smoothness, it was a major downgrade from the B58 + ZF8 that I daily.

Anyways, for those still on the fence for manual vs. auto (which is inherently a primary part of the decision of V6 vs. i4), I would strongly encourage you to go drive some Lotus autos vs. manuals and assess it for yourself.
well owning now x 4 Loti 3 manual and the Auto Emira I can say i'm chuffed to bits with the Auto V6.
Each to his own.
I think the I4 will be different again and will suit another group of customers. I really do want a go to compare.
I suspect the long time lack of manuals over the pond puts you and many others in this position. Until recently autos were not common at all in the UK.
The 'novelty' of each type being opposite on each side of the Atlantic.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
well owning now x 4 Loti 3 manual and the Auto Emira I can say i'm chuffed to bits with the Auto V6.
Each to his own.
I think the I4 will be different again and will suit another group of customers. I really do want a go to compare.
I suspect the long time lack of manuals over the pond puts you and many others in this position. Until recently autos were not common at all in the UK.
The 'novelty' of each type being opposite on each side of the Atlantic.
Yeah it's difficult to find manuals at all in the U.S. nowadays and over the past decade or so they've almost faded entirely from existence. That's probably a big part of the reason the manual was so much more fun to me. It brought me back about 15 years to the last time I owned one and clearly I miss it! :)

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Hethel, UK – 7 July 2023 Lotus lands at next week’s Goodwood Festival of Speed with its biggest-ever stand at the event, and a huge range of activities that will appeal to the tens of thousands of performance car fans attending. Alternatively follow the action on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

For 2023 the Lotus stand is in a new position, closer to the start of the iconic Hill Climb. It’s the perfect spot to witness the ‘Lotus Moment’, a unique parade of Lotus cars past and present, taking place every day and a fitting tribute to celebrate the brand’s 75th anniversary year. Check daily schedules for exact timings.

Taking centre stage for Lotus is the Eletre, making its dynamic debut at the Festival. With customer deliveries starting soon in the UK and across Europe, Goodwood is the perfect time to discover its unique design, advanced all-electric powertrain and intuitive driver-focused technology.

The Eletre is aimed at a new generation of Lotus customers. A true Lotus, it blends the core DNA of the Emira and Evija, reinterpreting them as a practical, versatile and spacious family-oriented hyper-SUV. Twice a day members of the Lotus Customer Experience team will be demonstrating its capabilities on the Lotus stand, including the active aerodynamics and immersive 23-speaker audio system created in partnership with British brand KEF and sound processing pioneer Dolby.

Goodwood Festival of Speed also marks the eagerly anticipated expansion of the Emira range, with the public debut of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder version. Customer deliveries of the Emira four-cylinder will start later this year

For Lotus fans who love the live action thrills of Goodwood, all four current cars – Eletre, Emira, Emira V6 (Thursday only) and the pure electric hypercar, the Evija – will be taking part in Hill Climb activity throughout the Festival. Examples will also be on the Lotus stand, and an Eletre and Emira 2.0-litre will be in the First Glance Paddock.

Mike Johnstone, Group Vice-President and Chief Commercial Officer, Lotus, commented: “In our 75th year we’ve got an amazing Goodwood Festival of Speed line-up. The current range is a fitting tribute to everything that’s come before, and this is such a great venue for enthusiasts to see our cars and learn about the transformation of Lotus from our knowledgeable product experts.”

The Lotus stand will be a hub of activity all weekend. Plans include a live Q&A with F1 World Champion Jenson Button (Saturday), who will also be driving a Lotus Evija in the Hill Climb on Saturday, two live recordings of the hugely popular US-based motoring podcast The Smoking Tire (Friday and Saturday), and daily presentations of the Eletre’s audio system by experts from KEF.
Just make sure any KEF demo is with the windows open and preferably with the car moving!