Goodwood Festival of Speed 13-16 July

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Perhaps forum members would like to collate a list of questions and send them to Matt F to ask Matt W.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'd just ask if they are really ready for US deliveries (from a QC standpoint) to avoid a mountain of legal issues in the US given stringent consumer protection laws.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd just ask if they are really ready for US deliveries (from a QC standpoint) to avoid a mountain of legal issues in the US given stringent consumer protection laws.
This! For real.

Somebody literally needs to take Matt Windle aside and ask him very directly whether they have production fixes in place for the half dozen different significant early manufacturing problems with the car.

And if they do not, are they going to delay North American production further until they do have these issues remedied? They can't ship cars to a market like the US with wiring harnesses that fill with water and corrode. I can't even imagine the total cost of the legal and warranty liabilities that would ensue, it's madness.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, I feel sorry for Lotus. They did not plan this and they likely never foresaw this.
Their revenue predictions will have fallen short and people will be under pressure.
The US is such a huge market.

Of course, quality control looks to have fallen very short of perfection and this needs to change ASAP. I fear a lot of damage has already been done.

It is still a great brand, with great people and fantastic cars.. at heart.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Of course, quality control looks to have fallen very short of perfection and this needs to change ASAP. I fear a lot of damage has already been done.

It is still a great brand, with great people and fantastic cars.. at heart.
Agreed 👍

valentinewang

Reaction score
Perhaps forum members would like to collate a list of questions and send them to Matt F to ask Matt W.
Hi,Tom
Could u help me ask for when will the new color car would show up for the public?Thx

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you want to meet up with other forum members then let’s aim to be in front of the Lotus stand at 10.30am on exact day.

The stand is in a different place to last year, closer to the course and next to the Startline Bridge.

I’ll be there on Thu and Sun and will be wearing a dark grey and silver Lotus 70th baseball cap. Volunteers welcome to host Fri and Sat.

I’ve sent messages to each day’s attendees with a link to join a WhatsApp group for that day.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you want to meet up with other forum members then let’s aim to be in front of the Lotus stand at 10.30am on exact day.

The stand is in a different place to last year, closer to the course and next to the Startline Bridge.

I’ll be there on Thu and Sun and will be wearing a dark grey and silver Lotus 70th baseball cap. Volunteers welcome to host Fri and Sat.

I’ve sent messages to each day’s attendees with a link to join a WhatsApp group for that day.
See you there with my wife, Thursday morning.
Unable to post on What’s app, need to be admin?
Roland

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Should be sorted now.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll try but probably won’t get there until after 10.30
Link wouldn’t let me join Thursday group

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Odd about problems joining. There are two people who have joined Thursday, so it’s not the group settings.

GlynV6

Reaction score
I will be there in my Emira tomorrow. It will be in the Performance Car parking down by the start line. DV & tan with some yellow pin stripes on the sills, splitter and diffuser

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I will be there in my Emira tomorrow. It will be in the Performance Car parking down by the start line. DV & tan with some yellow pin stripes on the sills, splitter and diffuser
I’ll go looking for it. You’re welcome to join us at 10.30

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll be there as soon as I can, there until late as I’m staying on for the evening with David Coultard and the fireworks! 👍

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like things went well with the historics yesterday... 😯😵‍💫

whoopsie.png

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was stood opposite when that happened.

The broken wheel bounced over the hay bales into the spectators. Two people with minor injuries but could have been a lot worse.

There are signs every few feet on the bales (and on the tickets) “Motorsport can be dangerous”.

The car that went straight on and through most of the bales at Moulecomb earlier was pretty scary too.