Lotus in the Peak 8-10 July Derbyshire - event thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As already discussed on the UK Lotus events thread, July will see the first major UK Lotus owners event with customer Emiras attending.

This year is also the 10th anniversary of Lotus in the Peak and after two years of Covid restrictions on car events it is likely to see a large turnout. There are already over 100 cars registered and it could easily get to 150-200.

The event includes various meet ups, organised runs, time to explore the area and a convoy drive. It concludes with a static display at Chatsworth House on Sun 10th. Details of the event are here if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/LotusinthePeak

You're also welcome to come along as a spectator on any of the days, particularly the Sunday at Chatsworth. This will be a good opportunity to see some of the early customer Emiras. I think there are 4 already registered.

I thought I'd maintain a list of who is going, so others know which colours/specs will be there and who else from the forum will be attending so we can meet up and say hi. Post up if you're going and I'll maintain the attendance list in this first post.

Participating with an Emira:
  • TomE: Hethel Yellow, Black Pack, black leather, diamond cut wheels, black calipers, no privacy glass
  • 770K: Magma Red, Black Pack, tan leather, black wheels, yellow calipers
  • Tonyshepp: Nimbus Grey, Black Pack, black leather, silver wheels, red calipers, privacy glass
  • Leonard: if car arrives in time
  • NickEmira: Seneca Blue, Black Pack, alcantara with yellow stitching, diamond cut wheels, yellow callipers
  • JohnHoward: Nimbus Grey, Black Pack, red leather, silver wheels, red callipers, auto

Participating with another Lotus:
  • Lankan: Exige RGB, white
  • jamesbaly: S1 Elise, titanium

Spectating on Sunday 10th without a Lotus:
  • Rammie
  • Gizmo750
  • New to Lotus (may be in Emira as due in July)
  • thenextchapter
  • Emiragirl

Last edited:

Rammie

Reaction score
Hi TomE, we will be going on the Sunday. We will be going in the Boxster as we are buying the I4 own spec Emira in 2023. Hope the good people of Derbyshire show you a good time; it's a great place to live and visit.

Reaction score
Booked in for Sunday
770K Magma Red, Black Pack, Tan Leather, Black Gloss Wheels, Yellow Calipers

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Booked In for Sunday Parking, Chatsworth is 10 minutes from my home. Nimbus Grey, black pack, silver wheels, red callipers, black leather and finally privacy glass.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Booked the RGB in for the Sunday run from Matlock Bath to Chatsworth House. Look forward it.

I will also try to make it to at least one meet at Newlands Corner before this one...

Gizmo750

Reaction score
I'd love to attend but will be in my 911 as the Emira won't be due until Oct/Nov (3rd August deposit). Be a great chance to see some actual customer cars, possibly prior to having to lock in my spec maybe?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks everyone, main list updated in post #1. It'll be great to meet up.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm 3 miles away so be rude not to be there. Just hope I have the Emira, not sure I could face going if not to be honest!
Just come anyway Emira or Not..
Coming in the Emira but not sure which run to book?
I'd suggest, knowing the area, that the Matlock Run has some superb twisty roads which is where I'll be driving my Emira locally. At that time of the morning you may come across some crazy bikers on the same road as they all pile into Matlock Bath (literally hundreds of them) for the regular biker weekend gathering.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm doing the Matlock run. I've opted for the slower group, in case I'm still running in the engine and won't be able to use full revs.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm doing the Matlock run. I've opted for the slower group, in case I'm still running in the engine and won't be able to use full revs.
Without wanting to derail this thread what is the typical running in revs and mileage for this engine?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Without wanting to derail this thread what is the typical running in revs and mileage for this engine?
It should be the same as the V6 Evora so 1,000 miles to the first inspection and oil change, with the first 600 miles below 4,000rpm. This from the Evora handbook:

Running-In

Although the Evora powertrain is built to close tolerances using modern technology, the progressive and sympathetic running-in (or bedding-in) of a new engine and transmission, remains a valuable contributor to achieving the highest levels of efficiency, durability, smooth operation and economic performance. By following the simple guidelines described below, a solid foundation will be built for the car's lifetime career.

NOTICE

Failure to comply with the following running-in provisions could invalidate the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty:

Engine: It is important during the car's early life, not to overload the engine, and to control the amount of engine heat generated. This is dependent primarily on throttle opening (accelerator position) and engine speed. However, being too sympathetic on the car will not allow the piston rings to bed in satisfactorily, so a balance of spirited and gentle use is required. For the first 600 miles (1,000 km), use no more than moderate throttle openings (about half of the available accelerator pedal travel) and do not run the engine continuously at engine speeds over 4,000 rpm. Occasional short bursts at wider throttle and higher engine speed will be beneficial, as will a constantly changing cruising speed and making full use of the gearbox. Do not allow the engine to labour in too high a gear ratio; change down and let the engine operate in its natural power band.

After 600 miles (1,000 km) have been covered, full throttle and/or maximum engine speed may be used for short periods, but do not attempt to exploit full vehicle performance until after the first 'After Sales' service has been carried out.

Transmission: Driving pleasure will be enhanced when using a light touch to guide the gear lever, allowing the tactile senses to convey gear selection messages from the internal mechanism. Forcing the change will cause unnecessary wear on system components and impair subsequent gearchange quality.

Brakes: Allow the brakes to bed-in by avoiding needless heavy braking for the first 100 miles (160 km). Thereafter, the first time the brakes are used aggressively, some loss of brake feel may be evident as the brake pads undergo a final conditioning phase. After the brakes have cooled, full brake performance will be restored. Both the brake pedal and gearchange efforts are likely to reduce during the running-in period.

Tyres: New tyres also require a short 'running-in' period before providing optimum grip.

Note that various operating parameters are continuously monitored and recorded in the engine electronic controller. This data may be downloaded by Lotus dealers on demand in order to assist with fault diagnosis and identify any vehicle misuse.

Stopping the Engine

After running the engine at high speed or under heavy load and generating substantial engine heat, if possible before switching off the engine, drive for a short period in a gentler manner, or allow the engine to idle for a few minutes in order for normal temperatures to be resumed. This consideration will reduce the effects of heat soak, and benefit the long term durability of the powertrain.

Most of all have fun with your new car.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Just come anyway Emira or Not..

I'd suggest, knowing the area, that the Matlock Run has some superb twisty roads which is where I'll be driving my Emira locally. At that time of the morning you may come across some crazy bikers on the same road as they all pile into Matlock Bath (literally hundreds of them) for the regular biker weekend gathering.
I think my heart ❤️ would break 💔 Tony 😂
Looks like the runs are over 50 miles! So be suprised if they don't use similar/same roads. Be good to get over Snake Pass and the Strines and back! 🤩

JumboJet

Reaction score
It should be the same as the V6 Evora so 1,000 miles to the first inspection and oil change, with the first 600 miles below 4,000rpm. This from the Evora handbook:

Running-In

Although the Evora powertrain is built to close tolerances using modern technology, the progressive and sympathetic running-in (or bedding-in) of a new engine and transmission, remains a valuable contributor to achieving the highest levels of efficiency, durability, smooth operation and economic performance. By following the simple guidelines described below, a solid foundation will be built for the car's lifetime career.

NOTICE

Failure to comply with the following running-in provisions could invalidate the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty:

Engine: It is important during the car's early life, not to overload the engine, and to control the amount of engine heat generated. This is dependent primarily on throttle opening (accelerator position) and engine speed. However, being too sympathetic on the car will not allow the piston rings to bed in satisfactorily, so a balance of spirited and gentle use is required. For the first 600 miles (1,000 km), use no more than moderate throttle openings (about half of the available accelerator pedal travel) and do not run the engine continuously at engine speeds over 4,000 rpm. Occasional short bursts at wider throttle and higher engine speed will be beneficial, as will a constantly changing cruising speed and making full use of the gearbox. Do not allow the engine to labour in too high a gear ratio; change down and let the engine operate in its natural power band.

After 600 miles (1,000 km) have been covered, full throttle and/or maximum engine speed may be used for short periods, but do not attempt to exploit full vehicle performance until after the first 'After Sales' service has been carried out.

Transmission: Driving pleasure will be enhanced when using a light touch to guide the gear lever, allowing the tactile senses to convey gear selection messages from the internal mechanism. Forcing the change will cause unnecessary wear on system components and impair subsequent gearchange quality.

Brakes: Allow the brakes to bed-in by avoiding needless heavy braking for the first 100 miles (160 km). Thereafter, the first time the brakes are used aggressively, some loss of brake feel may be evident as the brake pads undergo a final conditioning phase. After the brakes have cooled, full brake performance will be restored. Both the brake pedal and gearchange efforts are likely to reduce during the running-in period.

Tyres: New tyres also require a short 'running-in' period before providing optimum grip.

Note that various operating parameters are continuously monitored and recorded in the engine electronic controller. This data may be downloaded by Lotus dealers on demand in order to assist with fault diagnosis and identify any vehicle misuse.

Stopping the Engine

After running the engine at high speed or under heavy load and generating substantial engine heat, if possible before switching off the engine, drive for a short period in a gentler manner, or allow the engine to idle for a few minutes in order for normal temperatures to be resumed. This consideration will reduce the effects of heat soak, and benefit the long term durability of the powertrain.

Most of all have fun with your new car.
And just for balance, for us second-wave i4 members:
From Mercedes A series handbook
Running-in notes
To preserve the engine during the first 1,500 km:
R Drive at varying road speeds and engine speeds.
R Do not drive at speeds greater than 140 km/h.
R Drive the vehicle in drive program A or ;.
R Shift to the next highest gear at the very lat‐ est when the needle reaches the last third before the red area in the rev counter.
R Donotshiftdownmanuallyinordertobrake.
R Avoidoverstrainingthevehicle,e.g.drivingat full throttle.
R Vehicleswithautomatictransmission:do not depress the accelerator pedal beyond the pressure point (kickdown).
R Only increase the engine speed gradually and accelerate the vehicle to full speed after 1,500 km.
This also applies when the engine or parts of the drivetrain have been replaced.
Please also observe the following running-in notes:
R In certain driving and driving safety systems, the sensors adjust automatically while a cer‐ tain distance is being driven after the vehicle has been delivered or after repairs. Full sys‐ tem effectiveness is not reached until the end of this teach-in process.
R Brakepads, brake disks and tyres that are either new or have been replaced only ach‐ ieve optimum braking effect and grip after several hundred kilometres of driving. Com‐ pensate for the reduced braking effect by applying greater force to the brake pedal.