Lotus in the Peak 8-10 July Derbyshire - event thread

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
One of the dealers had been planning to bring their demo car but they’re delayed too. I don’t think HQ are involved but I guess there might be a surprise visit from a press car. I’ve not heard anything.
That be a shame if they don't attend considering all the other none Lotus events they have turned up at. Sure there may be a suprise or two

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the dealers had been planning to bring their demo car but they’re delayed too. I don’t think HQ are involved but I guess there might be a surprise visit from a press car. I’ve not heard anything.
To 'NOT' take advantage of this opportunity will be a big fail. I suspect they are trying to drag in other customers outside us 'beardy weirdies' (I dont have a beard but do have an elan sprint) but to not make the effort with one of every colour....
Imagine the viral from that - epic

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Remember, New Lotus think owners of previous Lotus cars are “old demographic” and not a priority to be courting.

Behind the scenes I’m discussing with LitP organisers and Hethel. No promises but seeing what can be done.

Last edited:

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Why do people organise these great events in beautiful parts of the world, when I’m doing other things? (Kids birthdays in this case).

Hope you all have a great time at Downton Abbey.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Why do people organise these great events in beautiful parts of the world, when I’m doing other things? (Kids birthdays in this case).

Hope you all have a great time at Downton Abbey.
Kids would love Chatsworth ❤️ Great kiddies farm and adventure playground 😁

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Remember, New Lotus think owners of previous Lotus cars are “old demographic” and not a priority to be courting.

Behind the scenes I’m discussing with LitP organisers and Hethel. No promises but seeing what can be done.
not a priority to be courting.

I know but 'Love Spreads'.........

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi folks, back in the first post I've be maintaining a list of who is planning to attend. Delivery delays now mean no one is attending in an Emira (although Lotus might bring one), so with a week to go I thought I'd re-publish the previous list to check who is now going.

I can set up a WhatsApp group and pick a rendezvous point for Sunday.

Previously participating with an Emira:
  • TomE: Hethel Yellow, Black Pack, black leather, diamond cut wheels, black calipers, no privacy glass
  • 770K: Magma Red, Black Pack, tan leather, black wheels, yellow calipers
  • Tonyshepp: Nimbus Grey, Black Pack, black leather, silver wheels, red calipers, privacy glass
  • Leonard: if car arrives in time
  • NickEmira: Seneca Blue, Black Pack, alcantara with yellow stitching, diamond cut wheels, yellow callipers
  • JohnHoward: Nimbus Grey, Black Pack, red leather, silver wheels, red callipers, auto
Participating with another Lotus:
  • Lankan: Exige RGB, white
  • jamesbaly: S1 Elise, titanium - Matlock regular run on Sun
  • TomE: S1 Exige, blue - staying at Oakhill, BBQ Fri, Pootle run on Sat, Matlock regular run on Sun
  • For the drivers (Scotty): Evora 410 GT Sport, yellow - Fri, Matlock fast run group leader on Sun
  • Toomanyloti: S1 Exige, chrome orange - Sun
  • 770K: Elise 250 Cup, voodoo blue - Sun
Spectating on Sunday 10th without a Lotus:
  • Rammie
  • Gizmo750
  • New to Lotus
  • thenextchapter
  • Emiragirl
  • Leonard (confirmed)

Last edited:

For the drivers

Reaction score
There Friday and Sunday. Group leader from Matlock fast pace. Yellow Evora 410 GT Sport.
Scotty.

Attachments

• 620EF2F4-5E2B-40DB-9B16-44F6CBF2AB94.jpeg
    620EF2F4-5E2B-40DB-9B16-44F6CBF2AB94.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 51

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Im hoping to be there with my S1 Exige (Chrome Orange) and SWMBO is following in the Taycan with the boys. I have been to several meets as I'm not that far away in Yorkshire just need to contact organisers to see if we can park nearby as one of my boys is disabled and would be handy not being too far away.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Post #49 above updated with latest info.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Any luck Tom? I was going to message Scott, but figured you would be all over it 😁 🏆

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get an Emira there. Hethel were supportive in principle and I had a volunteer driver from the factory, but sadly the press cars are already committed to other activities. Central Lotus and the LitP organisers had asked too.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get an Emira there. Hethel were supportive in principle and I had a volunteer driver from the factory, but sadly the press cars are already committed to other activities. Central Lotus and the LitP organisers had asked too.
😮 Thanks for trying Tom
I imagine that's really disappointing for everyone involved.
What did all of you old school Lotus customers do to make new Lotus treat you with such disdain 😉☹️
They didn't say what the press cars were doing did they? Be a great opportunity for any magazine to swing by with one and take some photos. Chatsworth House and grounds and the roads in the Peak around it have to be one of the premier marketing opportunities in the UK and thats before you chuck 300 existing Lotus owners into the mix..

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The press cars will be touring across Europe for the next 2-3 weeks for press reviews and dealer visits.

I agree it’s a missed opportunity, particularly for those who couldn’t travel down to Goodwood.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The press cars will be touring across Europe for the next 2-3 weeks for press reviews and dealer visits.

I agree it’s a missed opportunity, particularly for those who couldn’t travel down to Goodwood.
We are used to being glossed over living oooop North 😉
I'm still finding Lotus's for the drivers branding extremely at odds with their lack of willingness to build community with customers past and present. Especially as there are so many passionate employees willing to give their time 'freely'
This event should have been in the marketing calender a loooooong time ago 😵‍💫