I’m Back! Apparently, All Roads Lead Back to Lotus. 🏎️

I have a gated f430, which is pretty much what you are describing, same weight, 500hp, hydraulic steering, double wishbone all around. Funny thing is, ever since I got my emira, I rarely drive it anymore. There is something addicting about the emira that I enjoy it even more than the Ferrari. F430 does have a screaming 8500rpm redline, but in reality there are not many situations where u can hit that on the road.

I wish I could find the words to describe what that "something addicting about the Emira" thing is.

When I read your post, it really resonated with me. I had an Elise, and now an Emira, and I own/owned much faster and more expensive sports cars at the same time with both. In both cases, I felt like the Lotuses were a lot more fun to drive.
 
I wish I could find the words to describe what that "something addicting about the Emira" thing is.

When I read your post, it really resonated with me. I had an Elise, and now an Emira, and I own/owned much faster and more expensive sports cars at the same time with both. In both cases, I felt like the Lotuses were a lot more fun to drive.
Totally agree. The emira really cured me of my automotive wandering eye. It’s perfect for me, loads of feedback and drama, beautiful, and just enough impracticality to make it endearing, but not enough to make it annoying. In fact, it’s making me consider paring down my garage since I really only drive the others to keep them exercised, not because I feel like driving them over the emira!
 
Isn’t it weird that the Emira lacking a little power is what makes extracting every last drop of performance from it all the more fun?
 
I'm not sure it's just that, although with a manual transmission there is some work involved to get the best out of it.. There is something magical about the handling and how it feels when you're tossing it around. I often use the word "telepathic" to describe its handling qualities, but that's not exactly the right word either.

At any rate, in both my Elise and Emira, the suspension just feels more special than anything else I've ever driven, and it also is best in delivering feedback to the driver.
 
I'm not sure it's just that, although with a manual transmission there is some work involved to get the best out of it.. There is something magical about the handling and how it feels when you're tossing it around. I often use the word "telepathic" to describe its handling qualities, but that's not exactly the right word either.

At any rate, in both my Elise and Emira, the suspension just feels more special than anything else I've ever driven, and it also is best in delivering feedback to the driver.

Jinba ittai.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top