Farewell to my Emira

chrisday1990

Well-known member
Joined
May 25, 2025
Messages
88
Media
35
Reaction score
117

Farewell to my Emira​

Today, after 11 months, I sold my 2022 Emira, i managed to buy the car a peak negative news and interestingly its gone up in price and no doubt they will keep going

Being an early car, perhaps I didn't actually have it too bad. A CO2 sensor, the infamous paint blistering, some paint deciding to leave the car halfway through an epic European road trip, and one memorable evening when the doors refused to open and trapped my American girlfriend inside.

And naturally, on the final test drive today, the drive mode button flew out. She clearly didn't want to go quietly.

But here's the annoying thing. I absolutely loved it.

I'll always remember those sunny weekends driving through Central London, looking over those huge front arches with the V6 behind me and feeling like I was driving something genuinely special, A car that couldn't be more British if it tried. Effortlessly understated styling, genuine elegance, and an engineering philosophy that occasionally seemed to be, “we’ll work that bit out as we go along.”

I bought it for £56k and sold it 11 months later for £53k, so somehow the whole ridiculous adventure cost remarkably little apart from two typres, a big thank you to Bell & Coville

Thanks to everyone in the Emira Owners Club

The car occasionally drove me mad, but it gave me some fantastic memories.

And rather irritatingly, I already miss it. ❤️ some things are not supposed to hang around, we end on a high.... before the clutch goes maybe lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top