Well, after a rather expensive and completely unnecessary game of automotive musical chairs, I’m back in an Emira! 
Some of you may remember my 2024 First Edition in Seneca Blue, V6 manual. I absolutely loved that car. The looks, the sound, the way it drove, and most importantly, the connection between driver and machine. It was one of those cars that made every drive feel like an occasion.
Naturally, being a perfectly rational car enthusiast, I sold it.
First came a Porsche Spyder RS. Incredible machine, thoroughly enjoyed it, but curiosity got the better of me. Next up was a McLaren Artura Spider. Another fantastic car, and another chapter in my apparently never-ending search for automotive perfection.
A few more garage shuffles later, the Artura was gone, a 2026 Porsche 911 Carrera T arrived, and I added a McLaren 750S Spider to the stable.
Now, the 750S was something else. Absolutely spectacular, ridiculously fast, and so capable that it was almost frightening. Frankly, the car had more performance than I had any business exploring on public roads. Uber cool, but perhaps a little too much of a good thing.
So, naturally, I did the sensible thing and replaced it with a Lamborghini Huracán Tecnica. Because apparently my definition of sensible needs some work.
Which brings me full circle.
After all those cars, all that horsepower, I kept thinking about the Emira. Not because it was the fastest, most expensive, or most exotic car I’d owned. Quite the opposite.
I missed the way it made me feel behind the wheel.
So, joining the garage is a 2026 Lotus Emira V6 Manual in EOS Green, and this time I’ve gone for a spec that really speaks to me:
Three very different interpretations of what makes a sports car special.
The Lamborghini brings the theater, drama, and that glorious naturally aspirated V10. The Carrera T delivers precision, balance, and the everyday joy of rowing your own gears. And the Emira? Well, the Emira brings that wonderful, old-school, analog driving engagement that seems increasingly difficult to find.
Will the automotive madness finally stop?
I’d like to think so. My wife would certainly appreciate it, and my accountant might throw a party.
But I genuinely feel like I’ve finally normalized the garage. It’s a blend of excitement, performance, character, and, most importantly, driving engagement.
Time will tell, but I have a strong suspicion that the Emira and Carrera T are going to be long-term keepers.
And after this rather ridiculous journey, I’ve learned something:
Sometimes the car you’re searching for is the one you already owned.
Happy to be back in the Lotus family!
Some pics of the family.
Some of you may remember my 2024 First Edition in Seneca Blue, V6 manual. I absolutely loved that car. The looks, the sound, the way it drove, and most importantly, the connection between driver and machine. It was one of those cars that made every drive feel like an occasion.
Naturally, being a perfectly rational car enthusiast, I sold it.
First came a Porsche Spyder RS. Incredible machine, thoroughly enjoyed it, but curiosity got the better of me. Next up was a McLaren Artura Spider. Another fantastic car, and another chapter in my apparently never-ending search for automotive perfection.
A few more garage shuffles later, the Artura was gone, a 2026 Porsche 911 Carrera T arrived, and I added a McLaren 750S Spider to the stable.
Now, the 750S was something else. Absolutely spectacular, ridiculously fast, and so capable that it was almost frightening. Frankly, the car had more performance than I had any business exploring on public roads. Uber cool, but perhaps a little too much of a good thing.
So, naturally, I did the sensible thing and replaced it with a Lamborghini Huracán Tecnica. Because apparently my definition of sensible needs some work.
Which brings me full circle.
After all those cars, all that horsepower, I kept thinking about the Emira. Not because it was the fastest, most expensive, or most exotic car I’d owned. Quite the opposite.
I missed the way it made me feel behind the wheel.
So, joining the garage is a 2026 Lotus Emira V6 Manual in EOS Green, and this time I’ve gone for a spec that really speaks to me:
- EOS Green exterior (Full Black Pack)
- Incredible Black/Yellow Nappa leather interior
- Yellow seat belts
- Yellow brake calipers
- Sport suspension
- Michelin Pilot Sport tires
- And, of course, that glorious supercharged V6 paired with a proper six-speed manual!
Three very different interpretations of what makes a sports car special.
The Lamborghini brings the theater, drama, and that glorious naturally aspirated V10. The Carrera T delivers precision, balance, and the everyday joy of rowing your own gears. And the Emira? Well, the Emira brings that wonderful, old-school, analog driving engagement that seems increasingly difficult to find.
Will the automotive madness finally stop?
I’d like to think so. My wife would certainly appreciate it, and my accountant might throw a party.
But I genuinely feel like I’ve finally normalized the garage. It’s a blend of excitement, performance, character, and, most importantly, driving engagement.
Time will tell, but I have a strong suspicion that the Emira and Carrera T are going to be long-term keepers.
And after this rather ridiculous journey, I’ve learned something:
Sometimes the car you’re searching for is the one you already owned.
Happy to be back in the Lotus family!
Some pics of the family.







