Lotus in the Peak 8-10 July Derbyshire - event thread

For the drivers

Reaction score
Who did win car of the day? I was going to pick yours ;) But the silver GT430 and Essex Turbo Esprit were so choice (as Ferris Bueler would say)
Not sure who won we left early . There where some amazing classic’s there. The Burnt orange Evora GT 430 my favourite plus Jimmy the owner is a good friend, a close 2nd was the type 25 Exige that Kom-Tec had on displaly. Sorry all you classic owners. My claim to fame is that i won the car of the show on the very first event 10 years ago at Chatworth.
8D7BE7CD-4CA4-4EDD-BE32-DE6A53C5E010.jpeg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Not sure who won we left early . There where some amazing classic’s there. The Burnt orange Evora GT 430 my favourite plus Jimmy the owner is a good friend, a close 2nd was the type 25 Exige that Kom-Tec had on displaly. Sorry all you classic owners. My claim to fame is that i won the car of the show on the very first event 10 years ago at Chatworth.View attachment 7306
How did I miss both of those 🤦‍♂️😅

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
View attachment 7307
This is actually DV but a few people have already “fixed” the camera filters and then photo shopped it a bit.

#ForTheAwesomeOrangeForTheWin
Pretty sure all my photos look as they did on the day. Maybe Lotus need to hire me and my hideously expensive professional SLR #samsungs21ultra

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No Emira’s? No corporate presence? What P.R. fail.
All that launch crap fireworks and build up completely turns me off.

Just bring a car, park it up...... bingo

Why bother with the big birthday event at the factory if not bothered about the existing drivers.

I think this is a marketing department oversight and i bet someone is biting on their thumb!

Very poor judgement

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
All that launch crap fireworks and build up completely turns me off.

Just bring a car, park it up...... bingo

Why bother with the big birthday event at the factory if not bothered about the existing drivers.

I think this is a marketing department oversight and i bet someone is biting on their thumb!

Very poor judgement

I honestly don't think they care...
Don't like day time fireworks and ribbon dancing? You are obviously no longer the target market #ForTheDrivel

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Huge apologies to everyone who was at Chatsworth about the fail on organising a meet up. I’d not been before so couldn’t pick a meeting point in advance, then arrived this morning to find I had no mobile signal. Sorry to have missed being able to say hi to people.

So many cars! I’ll sort through my photos later. Leonard has already covered loads - no picture of my car though :)

The winner of the Car of the Day was the lovely light blue Elan S2. Third place was the STP Orange Final Edition Elise. I didn’t catch which was second.

060F10E5-9DF0-444D-A5EB-C40975656F93.jpeg

2B787727-A0A9-4B60-842E-2D2F048FBB15.jpeg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Huge apologies to everyone who was at Chatsworth about the fail on organising a meet up. I’d not been before so couldn’t pick a meeting point in advance, then arrived this morning to find I had no mobile signal. Sorry to have missed being able to say hi to people.

So many cars! I’ll sort through my photos later. Leonard has already covered loads - no picture of my car though :)

The winner of the Car of the Day was the lovely light blue Elan S2. Third place was the STP Orange Final Edition Elise. I didn’t catch which was second.

View attachment 7310

View attachment 7311
20220710_131209.jpg

Not your fault Tom we should have all had a bit more foresight 😁
I was looking for your car but struggled to find it!
Was it this one? #hidinginplainsite

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
View attachment 7317
I didn't even get to the event as the tailback were such going to Chatsworth that after not moving anywhere 30 mins I turned round to come home. 😭

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 7317
That was my identical twin. I met the owner and had a long chat. Mine was parked further over to the right with the other S1 Exiges.

CA0DACD9-7588-4577-945F-16A278027132.jpeg

5FA95AE4-2F9C-487B-810E-3B617AAF236D.jpeg

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didn't even get to the event as the tailback were such going to Chatsworth that after not moving anywhere 30 mins I turned round to come home. 😭
Same for me, having two of the routes in completely closed and road works with temporary lights on the other option certainly caused some major gridlock.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some drone footage from the breakfast stop at Hassops. Bonus points if you can spot my car :)

Video: Charlie Drives