Goodwood Festival of Speed 13-16 July

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was stood opposite when that happened.

The broken wheel bounced over the hay bales into the spectators. Two people with minor injuries but could have been a lot worse.

There are signs every few feet on the bales (and on the tickets) “Motorsport can be dangerous”.

The car that went straight on and through most of the bales at Moulecomb earlier was pretty scary too.
At the top of the hill at the finish line a one of a kind Ferrari crashed into the rear of a historic car. Expensive crash that one!

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score

The broken wheel bounced over the hay bales into the spectators. Two people with minor injuries but could have been a lot worse.

There are signs every few feet on the bales (and on the tickets) “Motorsport can be dangerous”.

The car that went straight on and through most of the bales at Moulecomb earlier was pretty scary too.
Yes I saw that, looked very serious to me, glad injuries were not too serious, if these things keep happening we will end up with high fencing alongside the track which will spoil everything!……

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Important message - event cancelled on Saturday due to adverse weather, Sunday still going ahead.

An important update from the Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard organisers.
It is with deep regret that we have taken the decision that the Goodwood Festival of Speed will not go ahead tomorrow (Saturday 15 July 2023). After consulting meteorologists, health and safety experts and other key stakeholders, we have taken the decision to close the event site due to a severe wind warning in the Goodwood area.

On-site safety is our highest priority and the forecasted high winds will pose a serious risk to various temporary structures across the site. We politely ask that you do not travel to Goodwood or attempt to access the site.

This decision has not been made lightly and His Grace, The Duke of Richmond, along with the whole Festival of Speed team, are deeply saddened that we will not run the event on Saturday for the first time in its 30 year history.

The event will resume as planned on Sunday.

Please note: Sunday is a sold out day. Anyone with a Saturday ticket will not be able to access the site. All ticket holders for Saturday will be communicated with in the coming days regarding a refund, and we ask that customers requesting refunds please do not try to contact the ticket office over the weekend, and instead visit our FAQs.

Please pass this message on to any other ticket holders in your group.

Thank you for your understanding – further updates will be provided via email in due course.

If you are camping over the weekend, you are welcome to stay in the campsites. Please be careful during the high winds and consider taking down gazebos and awnings, securing tents with additional pegs or demounting during the peak wind period. If you have any problems, please keep in touch with Goodwood through our campsite managers in the office.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

The Hyundai crash at Moulecomb

maggierose

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Big thanks to all the forum members contributing content from Goodwood. True to form, I've been disappointed by the lack of new information from Lotus. Specifically, where are examples of the new paint colors besides black? And no news on Evija (besides behind closed doors for VIPs)?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s it.

No details on display for Emira such as paint samples or specs. Evija hidden upstairs in VIP area. Staff unable to confirm anything about US build timetable or i4 specs such as ADAS.

Lots of Geely senior people and their guests over from China plus Chinese media.

I’ll try again tomorrow but not going to waste a lot of time just to be given vague and non-committal answers.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
That’s it.

No details on display for Emira such as paint samples or specs. Evija hidden upstairs in VIP area. Staff unable to confirm anything about US build timetable or i4 specs such as ADAS.

Lots of Geely senior people and their guests over from China plus Chinese media.

I’ll try again tomorrow but not going to waste a lot of time just to be given vague and non-committal answers.

Just practice your mandarin and tell the senior folks you run this forum! You can sway us all into not buying and using our influencer status to further tarnish the brand. 😉

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Enjoyed a great day on Friday notwithstanding the rain but sorry for those whose day was cancelled yesterday. Here are some pictures of mine (in good company) in performance parking West! Also had a chat with Clive Chapman a charming Gentleman whose Emira was parked in the row in front! I hope this who have attended so far had an equally good day! IMG_2271.JPGIMG_2272.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    446.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 89

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a great day on Thursday and Friday

View attachment 29144
I agree, I was there Thursday, three months ownership plus an I4 fe order in as well and I could not get past the really stupid sales staff even get a free lanyard - cheeky fuckers wanted to charge me £7??? for one. - so as we were talking to a true legend Derek Bell my mate bought me a £3 lotus lanyard from eBay. Thats China for you!!

PS - it won't be able to connect to the key anyway? so I recommend a child school shirt tag (mum sowed them in?) as you can feed not through the stupid tiny slot and then connect to your equally expensive lotus lanyard. Rant over

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting video by one of the participants about the cancellation of Saturday due to the weather. Includes behind the scenes footage of them protecting the site and cars.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Enjoyed a great day on Friday notwithstanding the rain but sorry for those whose day was cancelled yesterday. Here are some pictures of mine (in good company) in performance parking West! Also had a chat with Clive Chapman a charming Gentleman whose Emira was parked in the row in front! I hope this who have attended so far had an equally good day!View attachment 29137View attachment 29136
wow I genuinely thought the macca would be miles bigger parked alongside but thats not what this photo is telling us!!