Just back from Type132 preview event

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I have 2 premium electric cars, one of them being the Taycan CT and you dont get much for £100K. If the Lotus has 800v DC architecture, swathed in carbon and exotic materials and sub 3 secs its a £90-100K all day long. The images i have seen of the 132 look stunning. In my opinion is very much a high end elec SUV and will be priced accordingly.
I couldnt even guess at the price but not sub £80K
With that spec you would think Cross Turismo money for sure, so 80-100k.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks TomE another £2k lighter this end and I only logged on to see if there were any I4 updates!
That's on my list for today, after the suspension choices post I'm drafting currently 👍

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have 2 premium electric cars, one of them being the Taycan CT and you dont get much for £100K. If the Lotus has 800v DC architecture, swathed in carbon and exotic materials and sub 3 secs its a £90-100K all day long. The images i have seen of the 132 look stunning. In my opinion is very much a high end elec SUV and will be priced accordingly.
I couldnt even guess at the price but not sub £80K
I’m gonna say 92k starting for base model…

OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
People from lotus said they haven’t yet finalized the pricing and was keen to listening to our opinion. Yet the circumstances wasn’t really right for asking for bargains:(: we are a group of people just known each other and were still too shy to show just how cheap we really are😅
I would really rather they cheap out on some crazy materials & power outputs and give us a more moderate entry point. Heck even cayennes have done just that. Hope they get better feedback than us shy Chinese dudes later down the road….

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
People from lotus said they haven’t yet finalized the pricing and was keen to listening to our opinion. Yet the circumstances wasn’t really right for asking for bargains:(: we are a group of people just known each other and were still too shy to show just how cheap we really are😅
I would really rather they cheap out on some crazy materials & power outputs and give us a more moderate entry point. Heck even cayennes have done just that. Hope they get better feedback than us shy Chinese dudes later down the road….
Really daft question but will there be a Chinese copy of the EV done by some other Chinese car manufacturer, do they have patent laws in China?

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It sounds like the speculation I'm reading elsewhere on prices is out of line with what folks on here think. It's interesting that very little information has leaked out so far and all of my Lotus contacts either have zero info on Type 132 or are sworn to secrecy in a way they haven't been on the Emira.

I imagine it's going to make quite an impression, based on the feedback from the recent London and Shanghai previews.

What are your pricing thoughts? £80k, £100k, £120k? What are you comparing it against?
EQS SUV comes out end of year start 2023 and that will be starting 100k+ so they can not start above 100k. I think they will wait to compare with EV SUV within group like Polester 3 and XC90 EV which I think will be around 70k base models. They also need to factor in Range rover EV will be out in 2024 and that will probably start around 80k

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
EQS SUV comes out end of year start 2023 and that will be starting 100k+ so they can not start above 100k. I think they will wait to compare with EV SUV within group like Polester 3 and XC90 EV which I think will be around 70k base models. They also need to factor in Range rover EV will be out in 2024 and that will probably start around 80k
The range is 94k for the base vogue se diesel. The EV Rangie will be 100k plus.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The range is 94k for the base vogue se diesel. The EV Rangie will be 100k plus.
Was basing on the sport. It is going to be really interesting on the price point. It's going to be a EV sports SUV but if it has the convenience & luxury which I think SUV need to have with a good price point that you so not need to order everything extra like Audi, Porsche then they could become a major player and sell massive numbers which I think they need to, to help the future of Lotus.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Wow, now I'm excited to see and hear more! Thanks for sharing all of this!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
When can us US people submit deposits?

Edit: is this a "contact your dealer" scenario?

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1645389337112.png

What? They've glued on an even bigger ****ing screen?!? It's an even bigger no from me then.

At least the 2022 Porsche Cayenne and Macan still looks like a car inside. I really don't want an iPad on wheels!

1645389868150.png

1645389602745.png

OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Where is the pic from. I agree with you
It’s not type132 but zeeker001’s interior, another sub brand from the same Geely group. They may have some similarity in their chassis but zeeker never had the 800v architecture.
Type132 did have a stuck on screen of similar size BUT it’s automatically tilted so it sits inline with interior design’s flow when not in use. Much better looking & up market interior than that of the zeeker in my opinion.

OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Really daft question but will there be a Chinese copy of the EV done by some other Chinese car manufacturer, do they have patent laws in China?
Well last question first yes THERE ARE patent laws in China.😅
With some exception but I think collectively Chinese market lost its appetite for cars with straight up bootleg design long time ago. If you google zeeker, xpeng p7, Nio ET7 and Li One you can have a better idea of Chinese EV market’s major players today. So no, there will not be a Chinese copy of type132 in that sense. However there will likely be parts sharing, platform sharing and tech trickle down happening within the geely group just like with Volvo. Heck I would even suggest many chassis bits of type132 were taken straight out of zeeker001’s SEA-L architecture.
But don’t worry from what I observe Geely has big ambition for the lotus brand and this is their best attempt to make a Porsche rival of their own. So they’ll keep it as exclusive as possible and see what happens.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When Land Rover goes electric will `Range` Rover truly be put to the test? Might that refer to looking for charging stations?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus believe that they have taken over 1,000 deposits for the type 132 in less than 2 weeks with a lot more people registering their interest online whilst we await its reveal.

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
When can us US people submit deposits?

Edit: is this a "contact your dealer" scenario?

We're accepting deposits now for the Type 132! We only require a minimum deposit of $1,000* and the deposit is fully refundable, for any reason, until the vehicle's specification order has been placed with Lotus Cars US/UK. If you would like to reserve your very own Lotus E-SUV then please give us a call at 855-428-6767 or email [email protected]

*Please note that there is a possibility that Lotus Cars USA will raise the minimum deposit requirement, similar to what occurred with the Lotus Emira (Type 131).