Just back from Type132 preview event

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We're accepting deposits now for the Type 132! We only require a minimum deposit of $1,000* and the deposit is fully refundable, for any reason, until the vehicle's specification order has been placed with Lotus Cars US/UK. If you would like to reserve your very own Lotus E-SUV then please give us a call at 855-428-6767 or email [email protected]

*Please note that there is a possibility that Lotus Cars USA will raise the minimum deposit requirement, similar to what occurred with the Lotus Emira (Type 131).
With the USA in the mix expect them deposits to quadruple :cool:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We're accepting deposits now for the Type 132! We only require a minimum deposit of $1,000* and the deposit is fully refundable, for any reason, until the vehicle's specification order has been placed with Lotus Cars US/UK. If you would like to reserve your very own Lotus E-SUV then please give us a call at 855-428-6767 or email [email protected]

*Please note that there is a possibility that Lotus Cars USA will raise the minimum deposit requirement, similar to what occurred with the Lotus Emira (Type 131).

Excellent. I read elsewhere there is an additional tax burden on cars built in China and imported into the US. Do you know how that is going to impact on pricing for the Type 132 there?

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's not just the expensive sounding spec, the cost of producing a new platform is huge and I just can't see how this can be south of £100k. Personally I think 1000hp and sub 3s is just silly and good for bragging rights only, useless for a SUV that'll never see a track. Put a deposit down last week, I expect I'll have it refunded once all is revealed.

DenzilP

Reaction score
It's not just the expensive sounding spec, the cost of producing a new platform is huge and I just can't see how this can be south of £100k. Personally I think 1000hp and sub 3s is just silly and good for bragging rights only, useless for a SUV that'll never see a track. Put a deposit down last week, I expect I'll have it refunded once all is revealed.
You have to remember when we all saw the emira for the first time we all thought 100k plus. I personally think (and hope) with the fact they are completing with the big boys (Porsche, Audi) and it’s being built in China, it’s going to starting from £60k. Anymore I don’t think it will sell in the numbers they need to make for a impact of a new vehicle and more importantly their investment worth while. I could be completely wrong - but hope not as I want to replace the wife’s model 3 with one.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You have to remember when we all saw the emira for the first time we all thought 100k plus. I personally think (and hope) with the fact they are completing with the big boys (Porsche, Audi) and it’s being built in China, it’s going to starting from £60k. Anymore I don’t think it will sell in the numbers they need to make for a impact of a new vehicle and more importantly their investment worth while. I could be completely wrong - but hope not as I want to replace the wife’s model 3 with one.
There was rumours at the reveal of the Emira about it costing less than 80k which proved true. There’s been no rumours yet on this car. But a new platform with EV technology must be commanding an R and D Premium. My guess is 85k base.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Autopsy I see you have edited your first post to remove the sketch you did. I assume you’ve been asked to do that by Lotus?

You’re no doubt aware it’s already been downloaded by other people and posted in various other channels. I hope you’re not in too much trouble with Lotus.

OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Autopsy I see you have edited your first post to remove the sketch you did. I assume you’ve been asked to do that by Lotus?

You’re no doubt aware it’s already been downloaded by other people and posted in various other channels. I hope you’re not in too much trouble with Lotus.
Nothing escapes your eye TomE🤣
Yes I was approached by lotus people and asked nicely to remove my sketch. They seems cool and thanked me for my enthusiasm. So I guess nothing of a big deal. Global reveal should be in April I was told.
Thanks for asking I really appreciate that!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes I was approached by lotus people and asked nicely to remove my sketch. They seems cool and thanked me for my enthusiasm. So I guess nothing of a big deal. Global reveal should be in April I was told.
Also #ForTheWatchers.

Additional confirmation they read this stuff. So be kind y’all. (And concise and honest, etc.)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If only they responded so quickly on other stuff, like customer comms to actual deposit holders maybe ;)
Thats a new and interesting concept you have there TOM " if only they responded so quickly on other stuff, like customer comms to actual deposit holders maybe " could you perhaps explain how that works :ROFLMAO: I had an image something like this

panic-spongebob.gif

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira isn't covered in CF and is not an entirely new platform. If you have 1000hp, and it's an SUV, what's the point in expensive CF parts other than to scream look how expensive I am? the weight saving is hardly going to be relevant.

So it seems the target market are buyers of an Urus or something similar.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You must have been on the money with your sketch 😁

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was the Head of Customer Experience involved?

DenzilP

Reaction score
@Autopsy is this accurate?
@Autopsy is this accurate?
I hope it looks better in the flesh, it looks like a Hyundai from the side.

OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score