Just back from Type132 preview event

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont really do electric but I'm impressed! Impressed with the sketch as well 👌 👏
Have told my sister she should swap out the X3 40i and place a deposit 😁😇

Mike

Reaction score
Hi guys as I promised here I am to share my experience of the type132 preview event here in Shanghai. It’s pretty late already so I’ll be quite brief at this moment but I’ll happily answer any questions you guys have later.
In one word, “wow”.
It’s everything I had expected but dialed to 11. It’s awesome even a bit mad and excessive. Just throw out some numbers: 0-100(0-60 for miles) under 3 seconds. 800v electric motors ( similar to taycan) putting out 1000 horsepower. 4 LiDAR sensors all actively deployed (so they sit flush when not in use). Active aero front and back with some 110kg and 80kg downforce front&rear. Carbon and exotic materials everywhere even forged carbon on center console. 21 inch rims and even 23s in carbon being developed. Range is yet to be disclosed but “adequate”. You get the idea.
Look wise all I can say it’s the Lamborghini urus we never had. To me urus is a missed opportunity and type132 is every bit more impressive and shows how it should be done. Of course our phone cameras were disabled so no spy shot here. But they have some poster cards showing some detail and I’ll post here:
View attachment 3145View attachment 3146View attachment 3147View attachment 3148
I also did some sketch so it show more detail from what I can remember, hope this gives you a better idea how the 132 looks:
View attachment 3149
Interior is similarly exciting with concept car like design and exotic materials plus some gimmicky night club lighting. It sits 4 or 5 depending on option and in 4 seats configuration even back seats are aggressive bucket seats looking stuff.
They say price wise it competes with electric cayennes coming in the future. I must confess I’m not the target buyer of these kinds of crazy super electric suvs, but it’s indeed a bold looking package and I really hope it succeeds. It may as well carry the brand into places never before and introduce many exciting opportunities ( racing programs and special edition track variants for us petrol heads ).

Hope you guys enjoy!
Deposit down.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It sounds like the speculation I'm reading elsewhere on prices is out of line with what folks on here think. It's interesting that very little information has leaked out so far and all of my Lotus contacts either have zero info on Type 132 or are sworn to secrecy in a way they haven't been on the Emira.

I imagine it's going to make quite an impression, based on the feedback from the recent London and Shanghai previews.

What are your pricing thoughts? £80k, £100k, £120k? What are you comparing it against?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Cayenne starts at 62k and ends at 141k :unsure: that's a massive bracket to sit in. With the Emira Lotus wanted super cars looks for sports car money and it looks like it's worked well above expectations. So surely Lotus can't be silly and over price this car while they are still trying to put their name back on the map! I think they will use the same approach as the Emira and be sensible, my guess from what I can see 70k to 90k anything above this and they just won't sell, not until Lotus has proven it's quality and reliability.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It sounds like the speculation I'm reading elsewhere on prices is out of line with what folks on here think. It's interesting that very little information has leaked out so far and all of my Lotus contacts either have zero info on Type 132 or are sworn to secrecy in a way they haven't been on the Emira.

I imagine it's going to make quite an impression, based on the feedback from the recent London and Shanghai previews.

What are your pricing thoughts? £80k, £100k, £120k? What are you comparing it against?
TomE

Have you decided to put a deposit down on the 132 or is it not for you?

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score

I have 2 premium electric cars, one of them being the Taycan CT and you dont get much for £100K. If the Lotus has 800v DC architecture, swathed in carbon and exotic materials and sub 3 secs its a £90-100K all day long. The images i have seen of the 132 look stunning. In my opinion is very much a high end elec SUV and will be priced accordingly.
I couldnt even guess at the price but not sub £80K

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have 2 premium electric cars, one of them being the Taycan CT and you dont get much for £100K. If the Lotus has 800v DC architecture, swathed in carbon and exotic materials and sub 3 secs its a £90-100K all day long. The images i have seen of the 132 look stunning. In my opinion is very much a high end elec SUV and will be priced accordingly.
I couldnt even guess at the price but not sub £80K
Yes but what if it was sub 80k wouldn't that rock the market, just like our favourite topic the Emira.;)

Samps

Reaction score
TomE

TomE is it possible to put a deposit on one? Apologies if this is a stupid question just I haven’t seen it anywhere? If so, where Lotus direct again?

Quick and enjoyable SUV’s are hard to find post cayenne V8 S

Mike

Reaction score
TomE is it possible to put a deposit on one? Apologies if this is a stupid question just I haven’t seen it anywhere? If so, where Lotus direct again?

Quick and enjoyable SUV’s are hard to find post cayenne V8 S
Lotus UK website is accepting £2k deposits or you can just register your interest.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Id be a buyer at £80k, but i suspect it will still be £100K +
I think you made a valid point about the electric motor and the carbon options, it will probably start at a reasonable price and go way above 100k with a never ending list of options.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
TomE

I've had one down for a while. But not sure I'll take it forward for an early car - may wait for reviews, drives and a 6-12 month old used one.

I was planning to replace my wife's Audi Q5 this year and potentially switch to an EV. But she's less keen on fully electric at the moment, as we have one daughter at uni 240 miles away and the consequent range anxiety. Have had an initial look at Audi e-tron, Jaguar i-Pace, Mercedes EQC. With the delays on new cars and strong prices on nearly new ones we may just run the Q5 for another year.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The 132 does have a resemblance to the new Ferrari SUV (From what we can see)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
LOL.... 2k....... and now Emira 4k..... do you think they are trying to slow things on the Emira
I think they're probably trying to deter a few Emira speculators given the long waiting list!

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had one down for a while. But not sure I'll take it forward for an early car - may wait for reviews, drives and a 6-12 month old used one.

I was planning to replace my wife's Audi Q5 this year and potentially switch to an EV. But she's less keen on fully electric at the moment, as we have one daughter at uni 240 miles away and the consequent range anxiety. Have had an initial look at Audi e-tron, Jaguar i-Pace, Mercedes EQC. With the delays on new cars and strong prices on nearly new ones we may just run the Q5 for another year.
I've owned full electric for 3 years. Unless you are charging at home every night with the rare chrage on a long journey i'd recommend something else.
The good thing with EV you can put it through the company with no p11d issues both me (Ipace HSE)and wife (Mini) are EV owners. Range is always a lot less than advertised