New Article on the Emira

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's a great article from Autocar in the U.K. about the Emira.

Lotus Emira First Ride 1.jpeg

Lotus Emira First Ride 2.jpeg

Lotus Emira First Ride 3.jpeg

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Woah…. Is that nimbus?? is There a digital version with higher res images?
Don't know, if you click on the images they get large enough to be readable.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First time I'm seeing the hood popped!
Same here. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought the hood would include the lower part of the boomerang vent, but it clearly doesn't. Very interesting.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great to read more about the ride & handling philosophy.

Don't pay too much attention to the colours, there are a lot of non-FE ones there.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great article. My 5 takeaways, some are ongoing themes with me.

1. The Lotus team knows that they have captured lightning in the bottle with this car. Such as Teslas, Challengers/Chargers, 911s some cars are almost a category themselves. They aren't necessarily better or worse than other cars they just fit a consumer need really well.

2. For every 5 sentences said about Touring suspension, there is one sentence about sports suspension. I haven't seen them go into great detail about sports only touring in any article or video.

3. A soft part of my spec is tires. This makes me lean Goodyear with the Sports suspension.

4. I really wish there was an I4 being driven and discussed. Something tells me the I4 is a sleeper. Russell Carr said the Lotus team keeps secrets better than spy agencies. It's what they are not saying or talking about that has gotten me curious.

5. The title of the article is a great double entendre.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good article, thanks for posting.

Unfortunately it adds to my concerns about the seat being set far too high. The side view of Steve Cropley sitting in the yellow car looks like he is perched up driving a bloomin SUV. I love everything else about the Emira so if it comes to it I really am considering having to bin the seats for some after market ones :mad:

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Unfortunately it adds to my concerns about the seat being set far too high. The side view of Steve Cropley sitting in the yellow car looks like he is perched up driving a bloomin SUV. I love everything else about the Emira so if it comes to it I really am considering having to bin the seats for some after market ones :mad:
Which is odd, as they keep mentioning it's fine for a 6'5" person

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Which is odd, as they keep mentioning it's fine for a 6'5" person
True, but they said the same of the Evora GT410. It had loads of legroom, but the Sparcos were set way too high for me at 6'2" . I await the opportunity to sit in a production spec Emira with trepidation :confused:

Incidentally are we still expecting UK dealers to have demo cars around April?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
True, but they said the same of the Evora GT410. It had loads of legroom, but the Sparcos were set way too high for me at 6'2" . I await the opportunity to sit in a production spec Emira with trepidation :confused:

Incidentally are we still expecting UK dealers to have demo cars around April?
Think its more like May ? as delivery for first cars has been moved to June..... but hay dont quote me on it... Things should be more clear 24th this month

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what that seat's settings are. That body shell doesn't even have doors on it, so the seat could be set at installation height which is probably at the highest setting to make it easier to install the seat. I'm sure seat height and angle will be discussed by reviewers once they get press cars to review. Hopefully they're satisfactory for the taller drivers, which Lotus said they're supposed to be.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what that seat's settings are. That body shell doesn't even have doors on it, so the seat could be set at installation height which is probably at the highest setting to make it easier to install the seat. I'm sure seat height and angle will be discussed by reviewers once they get press cars to review. Hopefully they're satisfactory for the taller drivers, which Lotus said they're supposed to be.
Was Looking at seat side bolster on seat closer to use in the picture or is it the out side of his seat... erm... ? the seat dont look right, bolster ? again dont know if it his seat.... but do think its bolster close to us
Capture8.PNG

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As before, don't read too much into these pictures. Some of these cars are prototypes and validation models not production.

For example in the picture of the assembly hall the front right car has a "VP" sticker on it (meaning Validation of Production) and the yellow car with orange/red wheels behind it is almost certainly destined for crash testing:

2864236644_c80c09e146_o.jpg