• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Sept '22 Article On Emira Delays

G

Guest142

Not sure if this has been discussed but I'll post the link below for anyone who may have missed it or is interested. I know the delays have been frustrating for many but I would strongly encourage patience. As difficult as it may be. The deliveries will eventually come. The delays will become folklore in every buyers journey to ownership in ever automobile produced for a next few years. This one is special and certainly worth waiting for. Enjoy the article.

Lolub

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed but I'll post the link below for anyone who may have missed it or is interested. I know the delays have been frustrating for many but I would strongly encourage patience. As difficult as it may be. The deliveries will eventually come. The delays will become folklore in every buyers journey to ownership in ever automobile produced for a next few years. This one is special and certainly worth waiting for. Enjoy the article.

Thank you for sharing and very glad to hear that demand is strong! ☺️

Contrary to the article, I thought the driver's pack comes on FEs as well as the other pack(s). I don't think it depends on tour or sports suspension, but maybe I'm wrong?! 🤔

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
"delayed by up to six months" 😂

It's already 6 months past "Spring 2022" delivery and the current target is "Q2 2023" for North America deliveries, which makes it an entire year delayed. Let's be real, "Q2 2023" will easily change to Q4.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you for sharing and very glad to hear that demand is strong! ☺️

Contrary to the article, I thought the driver's pack comes on FEs as well as the other pack(s). I don't think it depends on tour or sports suspension, but maybe I'm wrong?! 🤔
On Base Edition, you have to specify Drivers Pack in order to have Sports suspension. You can have Touring with or without Drivers Pack.

Drivers Pack is included on all First Editions.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
On Base Edition, you have to specify Drivers Pack in order to have Sports suspension. You can have Touring with or without Drivers Pack.

Driver's Pack is basically just valved exhaust and unlocked sport gauges/track timer on the center tablet screen right?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You get Track drive mode too, with the trick dynamic performance management setting. Exhaust is valved without Drivers Pack, but you get extra exhaust opening associated with Track mode.

OP
G

Guest142

Thank you for this clarification Tom.

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Driver's Pack is basically just valved exhaust and unlocked sport gauges/track timer on the center tablet screen right?
Does the drivers pack include changes to the differential (e.g. limited slip) ?

Lolub

Reaction score

Thank you TomE for clarifying and confirming! 👍

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
With all these delays, why can they not make more FE? Would make a lot of people happy IMO.
This would be a great solution to streamline the production until Lotus can catch up to the demand. They would also make a lot of frustrated customers happy which is what any company should do to win back their customer’s trust.