• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Exotic Car Owner's Code of Conduct

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I guess we'll find out how much attention it gets. My Elise generally was ignored by women, guarded interest from grown men, and made elementary and middle school kids go berserk.

"How fast does it go?"

Answer: I don't know, I stole it from some rich guy.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The "ensure that my cars are in the highest state of mechanical condition and maintenance" part could be tough (I haven't experienced anything serious... yet), but yeah, I agree with most of the other parts.

Maybe this tweak to the language would ease the burden significantly ;)
"ensure that my cars are in the highest state of mechanical condition and maintenance carefully maintained to the state that they left the factory"

MYFASTEFE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love the rules, but i will drive it like i stole it without abusing the car.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This will be my first car that I assume will get constant attention. When I went to the Eletre reveal this weekend the Emiras were among Lambos, Astons, Ferraris, McLaren's, Shelbys, Koenigseggs. The first thing that popped into my mind while staring at @DaaS spec (lol) was that people aren't gonna know what the hell kind of car this is, it might as well be a Lambo or Ferrari. It is a concern for me because it just brings attention from everyone including neighbors. Typically my weekend drives are over by 9:30am so I can stay relatively low key but this will be a new experience for me. I like those rules, or shall we say "guidelines."

The first thing I will always say is, oh, it just a Lotus, it has a Camry V6 in it!
We don’t get Camrys in the UK so no one would know what I’m on about. 😁

Thinking about supercar engines isn’t the new GT40 fitted with a 3.5 V6?
If a 3.5 V6 is good enough for Ford we are looking good. 👍🏻

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We don’t get Camrys in the UK so no one would know what I’m on about. 😁

Thinking about supercar engines isn’t the new GT40 fitted with a 3.5 V6?
If a 3.5 V6 is good enough for Ford we are looking good. 👍🏻
How about a:

Toyota Avalon, Highlander, Lexus ES350, Rav4, Sienna, Corolla, and about a dozen more. The engine is everywhere!

RoryBellows

Reaction score
I remember the first time someone let me sit in their Lambo. It was a Balboni Gallardo in yellow with that awesome racing stripe and a manual transmission. He saw me just staring at it and walked over and just opened the door and told me to have a seat. It was awesome. He even had me put down the window and closed the door for a picture. It was a really fun experience that Ill remember and only took 3 minutes out of his day.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How about a:

Toyota Avalon, Highlander, Lexus ES350, Rav4, Sienna, Corolla, and about a dozen more. The engine is everywhere!
Not in the Corolla. I wish! That would be the hottest of hatches.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not in the Corolla. I wish! That would be the hottest of hatches.
Oh it's a hot hatch alright! This Corolla has our Emira Toyota Camry V6! Lol

Corolla Super GT.jpeg

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
ok maybe im just an asshole but I really doubt id let a stranger ever sit in my car.

and the concept some might even give a stranger a ride sounds absolutely crazy to me!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ok maybe im just an asshole but I really doubt id let a stranger ever sit in my car.

and the concept some might even give a stranger a ride sounds absolutely crazy to me!
So you working for Uber is a big no?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So you working for Uber is a big no?

thats pretty different because they are paying for a service and I have their name and contact info if theres issues.

that being said I dont think id ever do Uber anyway.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Well, I suppose it all depends on what she looks like.