• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Article on the Emira

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Was Looking at seat side bolster on seat closer to use in the picture or is it the out side of his seat... erm... ? the seat dont look right, bolster ? again dont know if it his seat.... but do think its bolster close to us View attachment 2491
Found this, that compares the seating position within the Evora with the GT4 (may or not be of any relevance??!!):

About 6 mins 20 secs in, I guess the lines/design of the bonnet can have a big influence on the perception of how low you are in fact sitting?
As an aside, Endeavour at Colchester (via James), let me take out the GT410 they have , to give an idea of ride quality with the sports suspension (I'll still stick with touring though!) and the added bonus of being a manual (what I have specked with my V6 FE), hugely impressed with just about everything, the sound of the engine and induction over about 5k revs was just menacing, wanted to stay in second gear all the time, amazing!!
If the Emira improves on this which I am sure it will, we have a lot to look forward to! Thanks again James and Endeavour.

Last edited:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Found this, that compares the seating position within the Evora with the GT4 (may or not be of any relevance??!!):

About 6 mins 20 secs in, I guess the lines/design of the bonnet can have a big influence on the perception of how low you are in fact sitting?
As an aside, Endeavour at Colchester (via James), let me take out the GT410 they have , to give an idea of ride quality with the sports suspension (I'll still stick with touring though!) and the added bonus of being a manual (what I have specked with my V6 FE), hugely impressed with just about everything, the sound of the engine and induction over about 5k revs was just menacing, wanted to stay in second gear all the time, amazing!!
If the Emira improves on this which I am sure it will, we have a lot to look forward to! Thanks again James and Endeavour.
Its a good video.... I do think its harsh people keep saying the GT4 Cayman or even the GTS 4 Cayman compare to the Emira.... Having test driven the cayman and specking one out to match what you get with the FE Emira... your a few K more on the bill to get close. The GTS does not have twin front wish bones... The GT4 yes.... but thats 100K+ car....
Its clear to any one the Porsche is well put together, but I found the cab, cramped and cluttered.... and still dont get my head around this 25mph incroments on the speedo.... having owned one twice... I did not get use to it... infact found I worried about it and found myself checking my speed. Ok only sat in Emira demo car for a few minutes but did find it a more open space.... less hemmed in.... which on long journeys I find better. I think also there is a very good chance... not sure... but Lotus fit and finish will be much better than any thing they have done before... given the companys tech, they perhaps can draw on.... being owned now by the same company that own VOLVO .... jus saying :)

Last edited:

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Jayemm had a pretty big falling out with Lotus.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Jayemm had a pretty big falling out with Lotus.
Yes it would seem so... well from his videos you get that.... his video about the Emira....was well ? I like the cover on the engine start... he did not.... you make your own mind up

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes it would seem so... well from his videos you get that.... his video about the Emira....was well ? I like the cover on the engine start... he did not.... you make your own mind up
He also says the Emira is based on the Evora chassis. Lotus say it's a brand new one. Definitely feel he's got burned somewhere.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He also says the Emira is based on the Evora chassis. Lotus say it's a brand new one. Definitely feel he's got burned somewhere.
Yes.... He's not the only one to say the chassis just the evora.... Chris Harris said the same.... I can not remember if it was text or video.... but do remember some one saying its not. As its dementions are not the same, something to do with the point the door mounts ? I might and could clearly be wrong.... As for Chriss Harris test driving the car.... dont need to know if it goes round corners side ways........ Give the car to Harry for a week..... or Carwow guy :)

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As for Chriss Harris test driving the car.... dont need to know if it goes round corners side ways........ Give the car to Harry for a week..... or Carwow guy :)

I thought I was the only one who felt like this!

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Carwow guy will just drag test it in the rain. I'll take Harry or The smoking tire personally. The Emira on Angeles crest highway will be a telling review.
They both get my vote.... but still would like to see Henry Catchpole do the north road.... The car should be out here just as the weather gets better..... we hope :confused::)

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Another glowing write-up in CAR Magazine (Jan 2022), which features a V6 Auto (so no LSD) with Touring suspension. Driven by Gavan Kershaw both at Hethel and on surrounding roads.

There is a hint that Emira's steering is a touch quicker than the Evora's.

The sideways shot pretty much shows the dynamics of the touring suspension.

Attachments

• CAR UK - January 2022 Reader - ZINIO.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 239

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Another glowing write-up in CAR Magazine (Jan 2022), which features a V6 Auto (so no LSD) with Touring suspension. Driven by Gavan Kershaw both at Hethel and on surrounding roads.

Thank you for sharing.... good review.... so looking forward to a full review and video from someone like Harry etc

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

A satisfying read Not that we needed it, this ups the anticipation.
Thanks for sharing.

fishman76092

Reaction score
True, but they said the same of the Evora GT410. It had loads of legroom, but the Sparcos were set way too high for me at 6'2" . I await the opportunity to sit in a production spec Emira with trepidation :confused:

Incidentally are we still expecting UK dealers to have demo cars around April?
FWIW - I sat in the dark grey mule in Austin, TX a couple months ago and fit better than I did in a Cayman or an Evora 400 (which has lower seats than a GT). I’m 6’5” w/36” inseam. The Lotus rep told me the seats would be lower in the production car vs the mule I sat in.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FWIW - I sat in the dark grey mule in Austin, TX a couple months ago and fit better than I did in a Cayman or an Evora 400 (which has lower seats than a GT). I’m 6’5” w/36” inseam. The Lotus rep told me the seats would be lower in the production car vs the mule I sat in.
Good to hear, thanks!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
6'5" with a 36" inseam is a great data point, thanks for sharing that.

I'm a weird one... 6'0" but with only a 30" inseam, so my torso is very long. I have a 6'5" friend and we are the same height when seated. Getting a seat low enough for me is a huge challenge, and sadly eliminates a number of cars from drivability, like the Miata. I don't typically do well in Japanese cars unless they are intentionally high roofline (like Subaru).

The Emira seems very promising in terms of driving position, I sat in it at one of the roadshow events in New Jersey. It was ok in terms of visibility angles (field of view under the rearview mirror), but right on the edge. If they can get the seat 20mm lower as claimed it will really help. Even better if they can get a full inch lower, but we may have to wait for special option seats for that.