Let's start a fight, shall we?!

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This guy claims to own a Porsche GT4, and is comparing a late model EVORA GT. Make your own assumptions on how the EMIRA will compare, but I found this a good emotive review on how they stack up. I had a 2008 911 S, and was BLOWN AWAY at how much better the early generation Evora was so I put my faith in this guys opinion alongside my own observations! I think EMIRA is going to be amazing!

Last edited:

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was looking for this exact comparison but didn’t find it. Thank you for sharing!

So question is: will there be an Emira GT and if so, when? There seems to be an 11 years difference between Evora (2008) and Evora GT (2019).

Reactions: JKP

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was looking for this exact comparison but didn’t find it. Thank you for sharing!

So question is: will there be an Emira GT and if so, when? There seems to be an 11 years difference between Evora (2008) and Evora GT (2019).
Read the 2017 Road & Track car of the year. The Lotus Evora 400came in 2, against corvette grand sport, Porsche 911 turbo s, Nissan GT-R, Audi R8 v10, Jaguar F-Type and finally the BMW M4. In my head these are some pretty big hitters and it beat them ALL. It lost to the Acura NSX. I had been questioning the wisdom of my purchase, thinking I was Seduced by the Emira’s almost unbelievable good looks. Ever review of the lotus Evora sings its praise. We the luck 🍀 few will know!!!!
Go Magma Red😊

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

It depends what you count as the first "GT" version of the Evora. The Evora S took the original NA and added a supercharger to take it from 276hp to 345hp. That was launched in 2010, two years after the original.

I think the GT/S version of the Emira will come in 2024, so about 2 years after the first Emira customer deliveries. It might be in 2025 and be a final run for the V6 in 430/450 tune before it gets phased out due to emissions regulations coming in 2025/6.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Read the 2017 Road & Track car of the year. The Lotus Evora 400came in 2, against corvette grand sport, Porsche 911 turbo s, Nissan GT-R, Audi R8 v10, Jaguar F-Type and finally the BMW M4. In my head these are some pretty big hitters and it beat them ALL. It lost to the Acura NSX. I had been questioning the wisdom of my purchase, thinking I was Seduced by the Emira’s almost unbelievable good looks. Ever review of the lotus Evora sings its praise. We the luck 🍀 few will know!!!!
Go Magma Red😊

The original Evora also beat the 911 GT3 to win Evo Car of the Year in 2009, the year it was launched:

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Go Magma Red😊
I think the vehicle dynamics are going to be off the scale...this is one package where you get the driving experience to go with the looks - show and go!

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the vehicle dynamics are going to be off the scale...this is one package where you get the driving experience to go with the looks - show and go!
You got that with the Esprit., the Elise, and certainly the Exige. The Evora is a bit more polarizing in terms of looks.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You got that with the Esprit., the Elise, and certainly the Exige. The Evora is a bit more polarizing in terms of looks.
beauty is in the eye of the... I loved the early Exige, but the later one..ie the half elise and half evora kind of mix I could never get on with, although after having test drove the 380 I "almost" bought one and after buying a cup 250 elise, I guess i wished I had bought one, as the noise and power were so much more what I wanted....
Espirit, love it, but wish the early better looking ones also had another 75 Hp.... some people are never happy.. haha