Offered early allocation

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all I’ve been offered an early allocation as some one has pulled out .. I was meant to take delivery in spring but can now have it in September … the compromise is I have to get a different wheel ti my choice and lower black not full .. would you compromise you’re spec for a earlier delivery ?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I wouldn't it. Depends on your personality. Maybe you'll see another Emira on the street and be annoyed because it has the "ideal spec", or maybe you won't care and you just want to be an early adopter.

Lolub

Reaction score
Hi all I’ve been offered an early allocation as some one has pulled out .. I was meant to take delivery in spring but can now have it in September … the compromise is I have to get a different wheel ti my choice and lower black not full .. would you compromise you’re spec for a earlier delivery ?
For clarification, do you mean you were offered an earlier spot or someone else's car / build? Either way, given the cost, I personally would not compromise unless you plan to sell it sooner rather than later...

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So the rest of the build is exactly how you'd spec it otherwise? If so and if you can live with the wheels then I might, as you can pretty easily complete the full black pack aftermarket

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

After waiting more than a year, I would say just wait 6 more months. Black pack is huge look on the car and many have said wrap it afterwards but I disagree with this. Granted I have never had a wrapped car so I speak from ignorance but I personally wouldn't wrap a car so rare as this.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you can live with silver wheels I would take it to have car much earlier. Black pack can be added aftermarket.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We have also been offered an early allocation, the specification is close to ours but with sports suspension and a tracker.

The suspension is the stumbling block really as we tour with our cars. We were offered the early allocation on 9th May although we weren't able to answer the follow up call to give our answer, we were contacted again on 23rd May and offered the car again.

The early allocation would have been September rather than November but we have other commitments in September and some of October which compromise accepting a slightly early delivery. July or August delivery would have been tempting but still the suspension might have been too firm for our requirements.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We have also been offered an early allocation, the specification is close to ours but with sports suspension and a tracker.

The suspension is the stumbling block really as we tour with our cars. We were offered the early allocation on 9th May although we weren't able to answer the follow up call to give our answer, we were contacted again on 23rd May and offered the car again.

The early allocation would have been September rather than November but we have other commitments in September and some of October which compromise accepting a slightly early delivery. July or August delivery would have been tempting but still the suspension might have been too firm for our requirements.

What configurations have you been offered?

OP
T

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What configurations have you been offered?
My original spec is
Nimbus
Full black pack
Diamond cut wheels
Tan interior
Yellow callipers
Sport suspension

They have offered me
Nimbus
Half black pack
Black wheels
Sport suspension
Tan interior

So the same just with no black roof or diamond cut wheels ..

I love the full black pack and diamond cut wheels but the black wheels are growing on me .

It is tempting as a may delivery is a long way away

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Your Spring delivery may well become the Summer, as who knows what is around the corner, and based on this years spring deliveries, well we are already looking at Summer, so thats the first thing which no one can guarantee you either way, but I can almost guarantee you will feel a bit annoyed if there are delays and there ARE delays.
Next the spec.......
I, for whatever reason I wont bore you with, have two cars on order, one Blue and one Red, and both with different interiors. I cant get either car any earlier, but if I had the opportunity to get the car 6 months earlier OR more!!!!... I would take it in a flash!!
Wheels!!!... I cant even decide which wheels look better, the diamond cut or black (really dont like silver wheels on these cars or caterhams or porsches... guess its just me). But again, to save 6 7 8 months, I would take Gold wheels... you wrap them, buy new ones, whatever, its a small price to pay for this time advance.
Then touring or sport. Someone, Harry Metcalfe I believe, has already stated the sports suspension is not GT3 like at all and again, I am sure it can be adjusted by Lotus dealer in some way to make it even less stiff, but I do long drives and have ordered Sport, and when i say long drives, I mean 1200 miles in a couple of days and personally am happy with firm and could hardly ever notice much difference pressing the suspension button on a porsche, but I guess I am insensitive, at least thats what me friends say hah.
GO FOR IT!!!! always wish you had not than wish you had...
Black pack, again, does it really matter..... after a few days, you wont know the difference and I am 50./50 that it looks better or not, I think not in most cases and again, wrapping is so easy and high quality if you dont go cheap, you will not notice the difference unless you are 10cm away...
again, GO FOR IT!!

OP
T

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For clarification, do you mean you were offered an earlier spot or someone else's car / build? Either way, given the cost, I personally would not compromise unless you plan to sell it sooner rather than later...
Similar spec but some one else’s car ..

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I see the diamond cut wheels as the main decision factor for you... hard to do that aftermarket. You can certainly recolour the black or silver wheels easily enough though. FWIW, I'm pretty much planning to black-pack-via-PPF (so it is reversible) and custom wheel colour right out of the gate anyway, so if everything else matches what you want, I reckon that is a pretty nice opportunity :)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Stick with you order I would say.

ARA

Reaction score
I've just been on the Lotus chat to ask for an update on my expected delivery date. Mine was a later deposit in Feb 2022 for a V6 manual FE. Initially I was being told early 2023, but have now been told mid to end 2023. Just sharing as clearly timelines are unpredictable, so this is certainly something to consider if you want the car early and can compromise for that

OP
T

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have accepted the order. After looking at the spec with the black wheels I have decided to go with it , have to admit the black wheels do make it look angrier . Happy days and thank you for all your free back 👌🏽👌🏽

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have accepted the order. After looking at the spec with the black wheels I have decided to go with it , have to admit the black wheels do make it look angrier . Happy days and thank you for all your free back 👌🏽👌🏽
black wheels are great! I dont have them, but I would happily swap them over at some point.... ;)