I don't know the code for the update but unless you JUST got your car updated in the last one ot two months you will probably see these three updates available:
There are so many threads on this so I am just posting a clean start.
I just picked up my car and here are my observations on the latest DCT software, all MANUAL in Sport and Track (I don't usually drive in AUTO unless in traffic and Touring Mode):
1. Downshifting under 3k rpms will provide a near instant down shift and this is much faster than before the update.
2. Downshifting under 4k rpms will take a little longer, maybe a 50% improvement from before the update.
3. Downshifting into the powerband (4k+) feels exactly the same as before, maybe a 10% improvement? I have to drive more to see.
@F1 SML8R had a theory this was happening before and at least in my car it wasn't before this update, but very clearly now with the new update it seems they don't want a snappy downshift happening if you are downshifting into the powerband. Probably protection into getting near redline on a downshift, but all of us know how to downshift and we want to land in the powerband to get scooting out of the corner.
So some changes can be felt, but where it counts and where we would want faster downshifts it's not very different. Again I will drive more tomorrow to test the exact rpm ranges, but approaching a corner near redline and downshifting correctly still has some downshift lag. The longer you wait for rpm's to settle it seems the faster the downshift, but then you are already mid corner and should already be on throttle coming out so the timing for that doesn't really work.
I haven't tested any of the low speed lugging / lurching stuff in AUTO mode since I'm never really in that mode but will try out as well.
There are so many threads on this so I am just posting a clean start.
I just picked up my car and here are my observations on the latest DCT software, all MANUAL in Sport and Track (I don't usually drive in AUTO unless in traffic and Touring Mode):
1. Downshifting under 3k rpms will provide a near instant down shift and this is much faster than before the update.
2. Downshifting under 4k rpms will take a little longer, maybe a 50% improvement from before the update.
3. Downshifting into the powerband (4k+) feels exactly the same as before, maybe a 10% improvement? I have to drive more to see.
@F1 SML8R had a theory this was happening before and at least in my car it wasn't before this update, but very clearly now with the new update it seems they don't want a snappy downshift happening if you are downshifting into the powerband. Probably protection into getting near redline on a downshift, but all of us know how to downshift and we want to land in the powerband to get scooting out of the corner.
So some changes can be felt, but where it counts and where we would want faster downshifts it's not very different. Again I will drive more tomorrow to test the exact rpm ranges, but approaching a corner near redline and downshifting correctly still has some downshift lag. The longer you wait for rpm's to settle it seems the faster the downshift, but then you are already mid corner and should already be on throttle coming out so the timing for that doesn't really work.
I haven't tested any of the low speed lugging / lurching stuff in AUTO mode since I'm never really in that mode but will try out as well.







