I4 Turbo Trans Update

Will be very interesting to see if anything changes with the DCT.
Sadly nothing is out there or new...the latest is an emissions recall that is just tune, and probably the rear light harness fix
 
I have a 2026 I4, DCT transmission, picked it up in April 2026, and my wife drives an Audi A4 Allroad with a DCT and the Lotus shifts as fast if not faster than the Audi. The shifts happen as soon as you touch the paddle, there is some hesitation when starting but throttle modulation may be the culprit. Otherwise simply a brilliant vehicle, bloody fast!
 
My dealer is going to hook me up next week to the Lotus Mothership and let the PC do its thing to see if there are any updates I am missing. He said it's pretty much an automated process, but updates can take a long time if needed, so I am just going to leave it there for a day.

As a former auto damage adjuster supervisor I visited a lot of repair shops. Most of the slow updates were due to running on slow computers.

BMW charges 2 mechanical hours to program their adaptive headlamps. It just sits connected to a computer running the oldest version of Windows you can imagine.
 
As a former auto damage adjuster supervisor I visited a lot of repair shops. Most of the slow updates were due to running on slow computers.

BMW charges 2 mechanical hours to program their adaptive headlamps. It just sits connected to a computer running the oldest version of Windows you can imagine.
Yea, this is where the term "Stealership" comes from! I am not paying anything, luckily, so it's worth dropping it off for a checkup on the updates.
 
The more I drive my 2026 in Sport Mode, the more I am annoyed by how it holds gears at high RPMs even after I let off the throttle. The tuning sucks, in my opinion, and they really need to get with AMG and clone their tuning for this transmission! I haven't been able to drop mine off to check for updates yet; I plan to do that in the next week or two.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top