I4 Turbo Trans Update

Keep in mind that a DCT has your current gear and then either the higher or lower gear engaged at once. Based on what you are doing, the computer tries to guess which you will use next. If it guesses right, the shifts will be near instantaneous as it simply switches clutches. If it guesses wrong, there will be a delay as it selects that gear.

For instance, if you are accelerating, it probably has the next higher gear selected, but if you then downshift to get more power, there will be more of a delay.

The AMG transmission seems about as fast as any other DCT I've driven. I never drove the early version before the updates though so not sure how much faster it has gotten. If they can knock a few milliseconds off with another software update though, might as well. I'm waiting on doing those other recent updates until the supposed big transmission update is available.

I also wouldn't say my car has any issues with low speed smoothness, at least with the throttle. It's certainly not electric car smooth, but definitely on the smoother end for a DCT. Some of the earlier ones were tricky. Again though, If they can smooth it out more with a software update, might as well.

My only real drivability complaint is the really high initial bite of the brakes. Together with the strong brake return spring, it's really hard to be smooth with low speed braking. I'll swap to a more tame pad when these are done, but for now, I take it as a training exercise.
Ya the breaking is like a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier for no good reason. LOL. but excellent on high speeds.
 
'Spoke today with my dealer for booking the first service and he told me a few days ago they received an update package that "basically makes the '24 my a '26 my" (except for the physical stuff and hp gain). This package includes a DCT update. I don't expect the car to be that different, but I'm looking forward to the DCT update indeed.
 
'Spoke today with my dealer for booking the first service and he told me a few days ago they received an update package that "basically makes the '24 my a '26 my" (except for the physical stuff and hp gain). This package includes a DCT update. I don't expect the car to be that different, but I'm looking forward to the DCT update indeed.
Did they mention how recent this update was?
 
They only mentioned "just received". I guess I'll find out on monday.
 
The 26 DCT patch for 24 models is not out yet....wish it were
 
Ya keep us posted! Many of us have been waiting for this one. Ive been waiting for this to release before doing all my next set of services/campaigns.
 
The 26 DCT patch for 24 models is not out yet....wish it were
If that's what they meant with "just received"...we'll see!

Ya keep us posted! Many of us have been waiting for this one. Ive been waiting for this to release before doing all my next set of services/campaigns.
Sure, I'll keep you posted!
 
The 26 DCT patch for 24 models is not out yet....wish it were
I can confirm. Just got home from the dealer. No DCT update available.
But some other small issues seem to be fixed. And the tail light fault is also now fixed.
 
Maybe its a slow rollout?
The tail fault is solved by the harness campaign i believe not software related.
 
Taillight error is definitely a new hardware solution. They replace some type of harness associated with the rear tail lights. I asked where it was located (as I wanted to confirm level of dismantling). They said it was accessed via both the right and left rear wheel-well liner space after removing the liners.
 
As soon as the 26 DCT update is released, I'm off to the dealer to get it. So please let us know as soon as anyone knows if/when
 
Has anyone driven the 26 i4 that can confirm that the transmission shifts has actually improved?
 
My contact told me that as soon as the update hits he will call me to schedule, it was suppose to be Q1.....I will post in neon lights once I get word!
 
I just left the car at the shop. The only thing I can say for now is that they told me it's an optional update, not a recall, so it's basically something I will pay for (it's "included in the service fee" as they say..). Again, they used the expression "It basically makes it a MY26". I'll report to you as soon as I get it back.
 
I just left the car at the shop. The only thing I can say for now is that they told me it's an optional update, not a recall, so it's basically something I will pay for (it's "included in the service fee" as they say..). Again, they used the expression "It basically makes it a MY26". I'll report to you as soon as I get it back.
That's been the hold up with corporate on the release...."who will pay for it?" Did your dealership give you the price for install? I truly doubt Italy got the upgrade prior to US, China, and UK but I guess stranger things have happened.
 
This is exciting news! I just purchased a 24 FE i4 and it's been incredible aside from the occasional transmission lurching and rear taillight error message. While I would prefer to not pay extra, Lotus should try to offer a 20+ hp ECU and TCU remap for a few hundred bucks while still maintaining the factory warranty or preferably extending it one year. BMW used to offer something similarly with their own remap and M performance accessories.
 
My car is at Galpin and they ran latest check, mine only shows the VDDM and tail light harness updates. I did do a bunch of updates late last year but nothing really changed on the transmission front. Definitely report back if you feel a noticeable change in downshift speed and low speed smoothness. Maybe the campaigns are rolled out in sequence in batches of cars? (probably not)
What is the tail light harness update? I get intermittent rear signal warnings on my dash. Turning the blinker on/off solves it. Still annoying
 
I had the same updates done as Kaz a couple of weeks back (and all others that came up as pertinent to my i4). Definitely report back for anyone that's had the update mentioned above.

With that said, I don't really feel a delay in shifting. The delay I do have is in getting the car into drive mode and/or doing the double paddle tap to neutral. (1-2 second delay) However, actual shifts in manual mode feel largely instantaneous.
Double paddle to neutral is like a 6 second delay in my Lotus. It's such a long delay it is unusable. Not good for reving at a stop light or if someone asks you to rev. Makes you look unskilled.
 
Has anyone gotten the latest DCT update?

Still not completely happy with my DCT (last update August 2025). Without using paddles the car wants to redline in sport and track modes even when the accelerator is not depressed more than half way. In touring mode it's fine but it lacks power unless you really floor it.

I rarely manual shift. I like to drive in sport mode or track for the additional power, but at times I have to manually shift up because the car wants to redline at 45 mph (not exact just low speed). This is annoying, because I now have to manually shift until an auto shift is generated from going to slow/fast in the manually selected gear. Did I drive to hard before the DCT learned my driving style?

On a side note: I have hit the rev limiter without manually shifting in track mode, which seemed really odd. Anyone else experience it?
 
Last edited:
Has anyone gotten the latest DCT update?

Still not completely happy with my DCT (last update August 2025). Without using paddles the car wants to redline in sport and track modes even when the accelerator is not depressed more than half way. In touring mode it's fine but it lacks power unless you really floor it.

I rarely manual shift. I like to drive in sport mode or track for the additional power, but at times I have to manually shift up because the car wants to redline at 45 mph (not exact just low speed). This is annoying, because I now have to manually shift until an auto shift is generated from going to slow/fast in the manually selected gear. Did I drive to hard before the DCT learned my driving style?

On a side note: I have hit the rev limiter without manually shifting in track mode, which seemed really odd. Anyone else experience it?

The Touring/Sport/Track modes don’t affect the power output of the engine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top