I4 Turbo Trans Update

The upcoming DCT remap did mention smoother shift so I hope that would be it.
Gun to your head (and I mean that in the friendliest terms), which emira would you let go being close to 1 yr in?
 
Gun to your head (and I mean that in the friendliest terms), which emira would you let go being close to 1 yr in?

Friend wants the i4 when the lease is up so I told my sales guy I would want another i4 in 2028 if they're to stop production before then, let me order one from the last production one. Will keep both for life.
 
QQ did we ever determine if I4s that were delivered December 2024 / January 2025 in the USA have the most recent DCT Software set up? I am taking mine to my dealer for SW updates and for the VDDM Module recall/SW update next week. Not sure what to ask for other than make sure I have the latest DCT update. Is there an update available? Is there one pending.. or do I already have the latest?
 
QQ did we ever determine if I4s that were delivered December 2024 / January 2025 in the USA have the most recent DCT Software set up? I am taking mine to my dealer for SW updates and for the VDDM Module recall/SW update next week. Not sure what to ask for other than make sure I have the latest DCT update. Is there an update available? Is there one pending.. or do I already have the latest?
I last checked with my SA on Jan 29th and the 2026 DCT have not been released for the 24/25 yet.
 
I last checked with my SA on Jan 29th and the 2026 DCT have not been released for the 24/25 yet.
Thank you. I ask my dealer and he wasn't sure what was available. Hope they make it available soon
 
I'm glad to hear about the i4 transmission updates. I purchased one of the First Edition I4'S. After 9 months of ownership I sold it. As a 911 PDK owner, I was extremely disappointed in the up shifting and down shifting lag.
I recently purchased a 2026 V6 manual but definitely would of kept the i4 had they original released the car with all the updates.
 
Hi All... Just thought I would share. I have a USA purchased Emira i4. Delivered, December 31 2024. I took my car in for the VDM recall update and the car picked up several other campaigns and updates. Several apply to the DCT. Not sure if these are the pending updates everyone has been discussing but there was a 2025 and a 2026 DCT update completed. This is what AI told me about the individuals Campaign codes as it relate to the DCT transmission. Not an expert but just sharing what codes were applied. Maybe this is helpful. I drove it back from dealer ship to my home during rush hour traffic so didn't get a chance to put it through its paces to se if I notice any differences.

Code​
Type​
DCT Impact​
Notes​
QBS-252004Service / SoftwareHighDirect ECU & DCT update. Improves shift logic, gear smoothness, and clutch engagement. Essential for optimal DCT feel.
QBS-262004Service / SoftwareHigh2026 update for transmission software. Further improves shift response, reliability under repeated/aggressive use.
GBS-250100 21794Global Software ModerateMinor DCT improvements via ECU calibration. Indirectly affects shift consistency.
QBS-25010 / QBS2510Service / SoftwareLowMostly ADAS/driver assist tweaks. Slight influence on throttle mapping, which can indirectly smooth shifts.
GBS-26003Global SoftwareLowSystem-wide update; indirect effect on DCT via ECU integration, not targeted for transmission.
QBR-25002RMandatory Repair / Recall VariableOnly impacts DCT if sensors or wiring related to transmission were fixed; primary focus is safety.
 
Hi All... Just thought I would share. I have a USA purchased Emira i4. Delivered, December 31 2024. I took my car in for the VDM recall update and the car picked up several other campaigns and updates. Several apply to the DCT. Not sure if these are the pending updates everyone has been discussing but there was a 2025 and a 2026 DCT update completed. This is what AI told me about the individuals Campaign codes as it relate to the DCT transmission. Not an expert but just sharing what codes were applied. Maybe this is helpful. I drove it back from dealer ship to my home during rush hour traffic so didn't get a chance to put it through its paces to se if I notice any differences.

Code​
Type​
DCT Impact​
Notes​
QBS-252004Service / SoftwareHighDirect ECU & DCT update. Improves shift logic, gear smoothness, and clutch engagement. Essential for optimal DCT feel.
QBS-262004Service / SoftwareHigh2026 update for transmission software. Further improves shift response, reliability under repeated/aggressive use.
GBS-250100 21794Global Software ModerateMinor DCT improvements via ECU calibration. Indirectly affects shift consistency.
QBS-25010 / QBS2510Service / SoftwareLowMostly ADAS/driver assist tweaks. Slight influence on throttle mapping, which can indirectly smooth shifts.
GBS-26003Global SoftwareLowSystem-wide update; indirect effect on DCT via ECU integration, not targeted for transmission.
QBR-25002RMandatory Repair / Recall VariableOnly impacts DCT if sensors or wiring related to transmission were fixed; primary focus is safety.
Thanks for the update!
I wonder where the AI pulled the information from. Can anyone else confirm as well?
 
Not sure. I dropped the codes into AI and it gave pretty good general detail on how to read the codes.... What QBS vs. QBR vs GBS stands for. I asked it to give me impact on DCT. Here are all the specific codes if anyone wants to look further. My guess is these are minor adjustments that address smoother DCT shifting, Low speed jerkiness, and some throttle mapping. Maybe there is a bigger update pending.
QBR-25002R 21794 W
QBS-262004 21794 W
QBS-25004
QBS-25010 (100 QBS-25010) 21794 W
Q** GBS-250100 21794 W
4201 GBS-250100
H** GBS-26003 (100 GBS-26003 21794 W)
4201 GBS-26003
 
Last edited:
If someone with the DCT updates can chime in, my next service isn't till late fall. Is it worth it to get the DCT updated before that. Driving season here soon. 12/24 delivery. Serviced 1x, September 25.
 
I will try to find out what the updates are, as mine is in for its service today & S/W updates and I pick it up tomorrow, hopefully
Last time I asked the dealership were not that informed on what each update did, but hoping they might know more this time round
 
Hi All... Just thought I would share. I have a USA purchased Emira i4. Delivered, December 31 2024. I took my car in for the VDM recall update and the car picked up several other campaigns and updates. Several apply to the DCT. Not sure if these are the pending updates everyone has been discussing but there was a 2025 and a 2026 DCT update completed. This is what AI told me about the individuals Campaign codes as it relate to the DCT transmission. Not an expert but just sharing what codes were applied. Maybe this is helpful. I drove it back from dealer ship to my home during rush hour traffic so didn't get a chance to put it through its paces to se if I notice any differences.

Code​
Type​
DCT Impact​
Notes​
QBS-252004Service / SoftwareHighDirect ECU & DCT update. Improves shift logic, gear smoothness, and clutch engagement. Essential for optimal DCT feel.
QBS-262004Service / SoftwareHigh2026 update for transmission software. Further improves shift response, reliability under repeated/aggressive use.
GBS-250100 21794Global Software ModerateMinor DCT improvements via ECU calibration. Indirectly affects shift consistency.
QBS-25010 / QBS2510Service / SoftwareLowMostly ADAS/driver assist tweaks. Slight influence on throttle mapping, which can indirectly smooth shifts.
GBS-26003Global SoftwareLowSystem-wide update; indirect effect on DCT via ECU integration, not targeted for transmission.
QBR-25002RMandatory Repair / Recall VariableOnly impacts DCT if sensors or wiring related to transmission were fixed; primary focus is safety.

Looks like this is what we're looking for, I just pinged my SA to see if it's available for the early i4 yet as I need to go in for my one year service next month or so (got car Feb 25 but got 1K oil change in May) :

QBS-262004Service / SoftwareHigh2026 update for transmission software. Further improves shift response, reliability under repeated/aggressive use.
 
for those that did not follow the KEF audio thread. If your car goes in for service, make sure you got the Audio software update which I got last Dec as it improves the sound quality of the KEF system quite a bit.

IMG_0297.webp
 
Last edited:
Looks like this is what we're looking for, I just pinged my SA to see if it's available for the early i4 yet as I need to go in for my one year service next month or so (got car Feb 25 but got 1K oil change in May) :


QBS-262004Service / SoftwareHigh2026 update for transmission software. Further improves shift response, reliability under repeated/aggressive use.
I believe it should be available to you. On my invoice it listed E** QBS-262004 100 QBS-262004 21794 W. I confirmed with my dealer all Campaigns were available and completed.
 
Last edited:
for those that did not follow the KEF audio thread. If your car goes in for service, make sure you got the Audio software update which I got last Dec as it improves the sound quality of the KEF system quite a bit.

View attachment 78573
I can confirm that after the updates.. The KEF system does sound like it has a little more bass and the soundstage seems to be a little more elevated and centered
 
Not sure. I dropped the codes into AI and it gave pretty good general detail on how to read the codes.... What QBS vs. QBR vs GBS stands for. I asked it to give me impact on DCT. Here are all the specific codes if anyone wants to look further. My guess is these are minor adjustments that address smoother DCT shifting, Low speed jerkiness, and some throttle mapping. Maybe there is a bigger update pending.
QBR-25002R 21794 W
QBS-262004 21794 W
QBS-25004
QBS-25010 (100 QBS-25010) 21794 W
Q** GBS-250100 21794 W
4201 GBS-250100
H** GBS-26003 (100 GBS-26003 21794 W)
4201 GBS-26003
My car is at Galpin and they ran latest check, mine only shows the VDDM and tail light harness updates. I did do a bunch of updates late last year but nothing really changed on the transmission front. Definitely report back if you feel a noticeable change in downshift speed and low speed smoothness. Maybe the campaigns are rolled out in sequence in batches of cars? (probably not)
 
Not sure. I dropped the codes into AI and it gave pretty good general detail on how to read the codes.... What QBS vs. QBR vs GBS stands for. I asked it to give me impact on DCT. Here are all the specific codes if anyone wants to look further. My guess is these are minor adjustments that address smoother DCT shifting, Low speed jerkiness, and some throttle mapping. Maybe there is a bigger update pending.
QBR-25002R 21794 W
QBS-262004 21794 W
QBS-25004
QBS-25010 (100 QBS-25010) 21794 W
Q** GBS-250100 21794 W
4201 GBS-250100
H** GBS-26003 (100 GBS-26003 21794 W)
4201 GBS-26003

Sorry but this is a total hallucination from AI.
 
I had the same updates done as Kaz a couple of weeks back (and all others that came up as pertinent to my i4). Definitely report back for anyone that's had the update mentioned above.

With that said, I don't really feel a delay in shifting. The delay I do have is in getting the car into drive mode and/or doing the double paddle tap to neutral. (1-2 second delay) However, actual shifts in manual mode feel largely instantaneous.
 
I had the same updates done as Kaz a couple of weeks back (and all others that came up as pertinent to my i4). Definitely report back for anyone that's had the update mentioned above.

With that said, I don't really feel a delay in shifting. The delay I do have is in getting the car into drive mode and/or doing the double paddle tap to neutral. (1-2 second delay) However, actual shifts in manual mode feel largely instantaneous.
My real only gripe is the time delay between selecting a downshift, and the shift actually happening. Upshifts are great...and all the low speed choppiness coming in and out of 1st and 2nd gear (lurching, etc.) I can easily drive around. Does your car have pretty instant downshifts from the time of selecting to it actually happening? I just plan for the downshifts slightly ahead of when they need to happen, we're talking half a second not long but enough to notice
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top