• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

JUBU Emira 500 Power upgrade

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Price difference is mostly Taxes.... It's your Government asking you not to drive......
One wonders what will take the place of that revenue as more people transition to EVs?

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
One wonders what will take the place of that revenue as more people transition to EVs?
They are trialling that now in London. Big brother ANPR cameras everywhere. People have had enough and are cutting them down.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Price difference is mostly Taxes.... It's your Government asking you not to drive......
They'll need to speak up... I can't hear them over the supercharger whine.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here in Canada we have 94 octane and its offered at about 10% of stations.
Somewhere in Texas....$3.33 for 93 octane.
DFW

Attachments

• 20231010_131621.jpg
    20231010_131621.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 17

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well THAT'S interesting. I'm in the PNW and the closest station to me is 35 miles away. Guess I just happen to live in a void zone. What does 93 cost in those places that have it?
93 AKI is the standard "Premium" fuel for most of the eastern half of the US. It occupies the same tier on the pump as the 91 AKI you see on the west coast. There's no 91 oct on the pump at all in the eastern US, there's just 87, 89, and 93.

There are a few states that are outliers with 92 or even 94, but most eastern states are 93 standard for Premium fuel.

Last edited:

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It doesn't look bad although the price may be a bit excessive, personally I would like to find a brake kit with slightly larger calipers or a ceramic carbo kit.

BWS

Reaction score
I disagree. What car can you get with 500hp, manual transmission, costs 125k, and looks amazing. Name one.
I agree with Mr. Green.
As an example in Canada the Porsche 911 GT3 Touring ( awesome car !! ) sells for 275K vs the 130K Emira.

And with the power to weight ratio of the Emira , 500 HP would be a pure frighteningly fast

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The 460hp upgrade came out:

Looks like it replaces the ECU, air filter, headers and Y pipe -- giving you a 3-1 header with a single sports cat.

PaulMc

Reaction score
I suppose its subjective. There's someone on here who bought an R8 having cancelled their Emira and they feel its head and shoulders above the Emira. I need to have a go in one because everytime I see a Kemora grey R8 V10, I want it.

The other thing, Komo-Tec offer 460bhp for about £7-8000, that remaining 40bhp becomes very expensive at JUBU. They say the engine is built for 700hp but they limit it to 500 to ensure resilience, fair enough but thats a lot of extra expense to leave on the table.
The reason for the high price of the £500 bhp conversion is the engine is completely rebuilt with uprated parts including forged pistons strengthened rods amongst a host of other items. Its the torque not necessarily the bhp that destroys engines and transmissions .The 460 kit Komotec do is at the limit and even they say they limit the torque to protect the engine internals. Torque especially low engine speed torque is the limiting factor particularly for the gearbox. I would wager even the 430 conversion would improve performance way beyond the figures suggest just by tuning the engine to operate optimally instead of for minimum emissions.
I'd suggest a Nitron suspension kit and geometry optimisation would improve performance more cost effectively. Next removing weight .ie replace heavy electric seats with comfy carbon ones and fit an Li battery could save 35kgs equal to approx 15 bhp.

Joshbr32

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I get mildly jealous/irritated every time I hear US gas prices... we're sitting pretty on about $7.50 per US gallon over this side of the pond, and just loving it. 😬

I have physically snorted with laughter (and whipped out a tiny violin) in conversations with friends and colleagues in the recent past, bemoaning gas getting above $4, while we choked down prices north of 10 bucks!

Keep in mind there's also the distance travelled, as a Canadian I travel roughly 100km to university and back every weekday, if I go to work it's an extra 40km added, so it's give or take 240km I drive on a regular day for me. If I was paying that gas price I would riot