- Thread starter
- #101
Alright guys. So, It's been awhile since I got my car back and I've had some decent time spent behind the wheel now so I'm gonna leave a review on some of these parts I've installed.
ENGINE: Eventuri Cold Air Intake / Aerie Motorsports Header / Valvetronic Titanium Exhaust / VF Tuner / JUBU Cooling Upgrade 2GR / JUBU Cooling Hose Upgrade Kit / JUBU Pulley Upgrade Kit / JUBU Aluminum Alternator Pulley / GRP Radium Catch Can Kit
TRANSMISSION: XClutch Stage 1 / JUBU Torque Insulator Upgrade Kit / Aerie Short Shifter / BFI Shift Knob / DW Shift Boot Delete / ESWkit
SUSPENSION, BRAKES, WHEELS: Nitron R1 Fast Road Coilovers / Ultradisc Rotors (Silver) / Hawk Z Ceramic Pads / Bonoss Spacers (12mm/15mm) / Acer Titanium Lug Bolts (40mm) / JUBU Upgraded Toe Links
MISC.: Milltek Valve Controller V2 / MVC Enclosure / JUBU Ventilation Kit / Lotus Baffled Oil Pan / JUBU Aluminum Flaps / GRP Custom Steering Wheel
AUDIO: KJW 3D Printed Speaker Mount Kit / Hertz ML 280.3 Tweeters / Hertz ML 1650.3 6.5" (F) / Hertz CX130 5.25" (R) / Audison Prima APBX 10 AS2 10" Sub / Audison AF M8.14 bit 8CH Amp with DSP
Some of the parts above, I can't really comment on because.. well.. it's hard to tell a difference.
1. The combination of the Intake, Header, and Exhaust is extremely loud when the Valve controller is set to wide open and I'm on throttle and I imagine it probably annoys people. I do drive in this setting often.. not to annoy people but because it actually sounds really good. But yea.. its loud. I spent a lot of time sealing and insulating the Milltek VC and I have had zero issues with it.
2. The Titanium exhaust has also not caused any issues whatsoever. I imagine the JUBU ventilation kit is actually working and dissipating the heat. Also, the combination of the JUBU ventilation kit and insulating the underside of the trunk, using the thread by @Eagle7, has completely erased the hot trunk problem. The trunk is literally like room temp at all times. I've driven the car hard for hours, then stopped and immediately opened the trunk and its like room temperature. Not even hot air escaping when opening the trunk lid... literally nothing.
3. The JUBU Cooling Upgrade in combination with the JUBU Cooling Hose kit seems to be working well. The engine temp on the dash, from what I remember, would fluctuate between like 190-220 stock and now it fluctuates between like 160-200. These are rough numbers.
4. The XClutch Stage 1.. to be honest I think I liked the feel of the stock clutch better. My clutch used to slip every now and then for no good reason. I still have that problem. Now, I know its not the clutch. I'm probably never gonna figure this one out. It must be something that interacts with the clutch. Others seem to be having this problem.. Not gonna spend the time and money to figure this out as it is very occasional. It's annoying but just doesn't happen often enough for me to care enough. I just chalk it up as a Lotus thing for now. At least I know that the clutch is rated higher than stock for power upgrades.
5. The JUBU torque insulator kit aka motor/transmission mounts. This one makes a big difference. When driven hard, the Emira with the stock soft mounts.. you could feel the engine inertia rock back and forth with sudden changes in speed. This is now gone completely. The downside, there is some NVH at very low speeds less than 5mph, meaning like when reversing or just starting out in 1st gear. It's noticeable but very very minimal. Doesn't bother me. It's a sports car.
6. Nitron R1 Fastroad Coilovers. It's really hard to pinpoint the difference on these because I went from Cup2 to Pilot Sport 4S, GRP lowering kit to coilovers, had spacers put in, lowered the car, had the axle boots redone, all around the same time and didn't get to drive the car for awhile during that time. I also don't track and have been taking it much easier after a really bad fishtail incident. What I'll say is that the Nitrons seem to keep all the good qualities of the sports suspension setup while making the bad roads easier on the body. That's about the best I can do here .. sorry.
7. VF Tuner. I have a check engine light which I've been ignoring honestly because the car is driving great. The power bump is real and it's making the Emira much more enjoyable for me. I can't emphasize this enough. Prior to the tune the car was great but I constantly was bothered by the lack of power. That's completely gone. No limp modes, nothing strange.. just smooth, loud and powerful.
And finally, if the weather gets slightly chilly.. you know like early in the morning or after a rainy day.. its happy time. 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd... big smiles.
ENGINE: Eventuri Cold Air Intake / Aerie Motorsports Header / Valvetronic Titanium Exhaust / VF Tuner / JUBU Cooling Upgrade 2GR / JUBU Cooling Hose Upgrade Kit / JUBU Pulley Upgrade Kit / JUBU Aluminum Alternator Pulley / GRP Radium Catch Can Kit
TRANSMISSION: XClutch Stage 1 / JUBU Torque Insulator Upgrade Kit / Aerie Short Shifter / BFI Shift Knob / DW Shift Boot Delete / ESWkit
SUSPENSION, BRAKES, WHEELS: Nitron R1 Fast Road Coilovers / Ultradisc Rotors (Silver) / Hawk Z Ceramic Pads / Bonoss Spacers (12mm/15mm) / Acer Titanium Lug Bolts (40mm) / JUBU Upgraded Toe Links
MISC.: Milltek Valve Controller V2 / MVC Enclosure / JUBU Ventilation Kit / Lotus Baffled Oil Pan / JUBU Aluminum Flaps / GRP Custom Steering Wheel
AUDIO: KJW 3D Printed Speaker Mount Kit / Hertz ML 280.3 Tweeters / Hertz ML 1650.3 6.5" (F) / Hertz CX130 5.25" (R) / Audison Prima APBX 10 AS2 10" Sub / Audison AF M8.14 bit 8CH Amp with DSP
Some of the parts above, I can't really comment on because.. well.. it's hard to tell a difference.
1. The combination of the Intake, Header, and Exhaust is extremely loud when the Valve controller is set to wide open and I'm on throttle and I imagine it probably annoys people. I do drive in this setting often.. not to annoy people but because it actually sounds really good. But yea.. its loud. I spent a lot of time sealing and insulating the Milltek VC and I have had zero issues with it.
2. The Titanium exhaust has also not caused any issues whatsoever. I imagine the JUBU ventilation kit is actually working and dissipating the heat. Also, the combination of the JUBU ventilation kit and insulating the underside of the trunk, using the thread by @Eagle7, has completely erased the hot trunk problem. The trunk is literally like room temp at all times. I've driven the car hard for hours, then stopped and immediately opened the trunk and its like room temperature. Not even hot air escaping when opening the trunk lid... literally nothing.
3. The JUBU Cooling Upgrade in combination with the JUBU Cooling Hose kit seems to be working well. The engine temp on the dash, from what I remember, would fluctuate between like 190-220 stock and now it fluctuates between like 160-200. These are rough numbers.
4. The XClutch Stage 1.. to be honest I think I liked the feel of the stock clutch better. My clutch used to slip every now and then for no good reason. I still have that problem. Now, I know its not the clutch. I'm probably never gonna figure this one out. It must be something that interacts with the clutch. Others seem to be having this problem.. Not gonna spend the time and money to figure this out as it is very occasional. It's annoying but just doesn't happen often enough for me to care enough. I just chalk it up as a Lotus thing for now. At least I know that the clutch is rated higher than stock for power upgrades.
5. The JUBU torque insulator kit aka motor/transmission mounts. This one makes a big difference. When driven hard, the Emira with the stock soft mounts.. you could feel the engine inertia rock back and forth with sudden changes in speed. This is now gone completely. The downside, there is some NVH at very low speeds less than 5mph, meaning like when reversing or just starting out in 1st gear. It's noticeable but very very minimal. Doesn't bother me. It's a sports car.
6. Nitron R1 Fastroad Coilovers. It's really hard to pinpoint the difference on these because I went from Cup2 to Pilot Sport 4S, GRP lowering kit to coilovers, had spacers put in, lowered the car, had the axle boots redone, all around the same time and didn't get to drive the car for awhile during that time. I also don't track and have been taking it much easier after a really bad fishtail incident. What I'll say is that the Nitrons seem to keep all the good qualities of the sports suspension setup while making the bad roads easier on the body. That's about the best I can do here .. sorry.
7. VF Tuner. I have a check engine light which I've been ignoring honestly because the car is driving great. The power bump is real and it's making the Emira much more enjoyable for me. I can't emphasize this enough. Prior to the tune the car was great but I constantly was bothered by the lack of power. That's completely gone. No limp modes, nothing strange.. just smooth, loud and powerful.
And finally, if the weather gets slightly chilly.. you know like early in the morning or after a rainy day.. its happy time. 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd... big smiles.







