Hi ,
Monday was a (mustang) dyno day and I thought it would be interesting to share the results. Sorry for my english I am french speaking.
My car / use:
2025 V6 Manual
90% track - 10% : 10 years Experience / 25 track days per year / advanced driver in East Canada
track set up :
- Suspension : R1 clubsport Coilovers, Max stock camber (weak...)
- Brakes: Girodisc - Pads: Front : RPX / Rear: RSL29 - Jubu duct brakes- Castrol SRF
- Engine : JB4 - GRP dry Filter - Oil Catch Can
- Exhaust: GRp third cat delete, MilteK V2 Valve controller
- Interior : GRP Short Shifter, Tillett B10, Harness Bar, Shrotch 6 points.
- Tire: Mainly Yoko AD09
Goal of the dyno: Measure the delta varying several parameters: Map, Valve positioning, fuel (unfortunately I didn't play with the car modes (Touring - Sport - Track) as I would like)
Ambient Conditions.
Open garage - 18C - Dry and sunny- No fan - Hood closed
Dyno : Mustang. Tend to read lower than others but absolute numbers are rather irrelevant on a dyno. I just care about comparing curves and numbers.
All runs have been done the same day.
- Baseline : Map 0 (stock) - 91 oct. Valves open - Track mode
Sounds restriction are extremely strict at some track in Canada (92 db). I never had any problem with my exhaust setup except 1 time (very cloudy) at 92.6db . From that moment, I had to run valves closed in Touring mode. I felt that the car pulls less hence the idea to vary the valve positioning on the dyno
- Map 0 - 91 oct - Valve closed (touring) Vs Open (Track)
- Then we Go 91 oct and Map 1 Valves Open (Track)
- We wanted to confirm the impact of closing the valve (on Touring mode)
Run: Map 1 91 oct - Open valves vs Closed valves
- Then we summarized the most interesting results: Map 0 open valves, vs map 1 closed valves vs Map1 Open Valves on 91 oct.
From this moment, we want to raise the octane. Unfortunately, I didn't avec acces to 93 oct. So we add a bottle of Amsoil octane Booster. We let the car running at idle for 10 minutes on the dyno such that the fuel could circulate.
- Run: Map 1 91 oct (run 1) vs Map 1 93 (run 2) oct vs Map 2 (run 3) 93 oct : Valves open for the 3 runs.
My conclusions:
- Map 1 gives a significant gain : above 4500 rpm and remove the torque dip below.
- Valves closed has a negative (significant) impact. To be perfectly rigorous we should have tried every combo of Driving modes vs Valve modes
- we didn't observe any gain with map 2 or boosted octane gas. The torque curve is actually less interesting that map 1 at low rpm
- Overall I think the numbers are goods for a mustang dyno even if once again absolute numbers are for me a little bit irrelevant.
To be honest on map 2: it is possible that the way to add octane booster is not working but... I ran real 93 oct gas on track and never feel any difference with map 2.
The curves are some much identical that I wonder if the map are not from the same calibration by error from BMS when loading the map on the device. By the way, JB4 logs show almost same variables for both maps (map 1 vs map 2).
to go further (high rpm = above 6000):
Map 0 shows, at high rpm, valve close, average boost = 7.5lbs AFR =10.5 , Throttle = 65%
Map 0 shows, at high rpm, valve open, average boost = 8.5lbs AFR =10.5 , Throttle = 67%
Map 1 shows, at high rpm, valve close, average boost = 9lbs AFR =11.5 , Throttle = 85%
Map 1 shows, at high rpm, valve open, average boost = 9.5-10lbs AFR =11 , Throttle = 85%
Map 2 shows, at high rpm, valve open, average boost = 9.5lbs AFR =11 , Throttle = 85%
Bonus pics:
Monday was a (mustang) dyno day and I thought it would be interesting to share the results. Sorry for my english I am french speaking.
My car / use:
2025 V6 Manual
90% track - 10% : 10 years Experience / 25 track days per year / advanced driver in East Canada
track set up :
- Suspension : R1 clubsport Coilovers, Max stock camber (weak...)
- Brakes: Girodisc - Pads: Front : RPX / Rear: RSL29 - Jubu duct brakes- Castrol SRF
- Engine : JB4 - GRP dry Filter - Oil Catch Can
- Exhaust: GRp third cat delete, MilteK V2 Valve controller
- Interior : GRP Short Shifter, Tillett B10, Harness Bar, Shrotch 6 points.
- Tire: Mainly Yoko AD09
Goal of the dyno: Measure the delta varying several parameters: Map, Valve positioning, fuel (unfortunately I didn't play with the car modes (Touring - Sport - Track) as I would like)
Ambient Conditions.
Open garage - 18C - Dry and sunny- No fan - Hood closed
Dyno : Mustang. Tend to read lower than others but absolute numbers are rather irrelevant on a dyno. I just care about comparing curves and numbers.
All runs have been done the same day.
- Baseline : Map 0 (stock) - 91 oct. Valves open - Track mode
Sounds restriction are extremely strict at some track in Canada (92 db). I never had any problem with my exhaust setup except 1 time (very cloudy) at 92.6db . From that moment, I had to run valves closed in Touring mode. I felt that the car pulls less hence the idea to vary the valve positioning on the dyno
- Map 0 - 91 oct - Valve closed (touring) Vs Open (Track)
- Then we Go 91 oct and Map 1 Valves Open (Track)
- We wanted to confirm the impact of closing the valve (on Touring mode)
Run: Map 1 91 oct - Open valves vs Closed valves
- Then we summarized the most interesting results: Map 0 open valves, vs map 1 closed valves vs Map1 Open Valves on 91 oct.
From this moment, we want to raise the octane. Unfortunately, I didn't avec acces to 93 oct. So we add a bottle of Amsoil octane Booster. We let the car running at idle for 10 minutes on the dyno such that the fuel could circulate.
- Run: Map 1 91 oct (run 1) vs Map 1 93 (run 2) oct vs Map 2 (run 3) 93 oct : Valves open for the 3 runs.
My conclusions:
- Map 1 gives a significant gain : above 4500 rpm and remove the torque dip below.
- Valves closed has a negative (significant) impact. To be perfectly rigorous we should have tried every combo of Driving modes vs Valve modes
- we didn't observe any gain with map 2 or boosted octane gas. The torque curve is actually less interesting that map 1 at low rpm
- Overall I think the numbers are goods for a mustang dyno even if once again absolute numbers are for me a little bit irrelevant.
To be honest on map 2: it is possible that the way to add octane booster is not working but... I ran real 93 oct gas on track and never feel any difference with map 2.
The curves are some much identical that I wonder if the map are not from the same calibration by error from BMS when loading the map on the device. By the way, JB4 logs show almost same variables for both maps (map 1 vs map 2).
to go further (high rpm = above 6000):
Map 0 shows, at high rpm, valve close, average boost = 7.5lbs AFR =10.5 , Throttle = 65%
Map 0 shows, at high rpm, valve open, average boost = 8.5lbs AFR =10.5 , Throttle = 67%
Map 1 shows, at high rpm, valve close, average boost = 9lbs AFR =11.5 , Throttle = 85%
Map 1 shows, at high rpm, valve open, average boost = 9.5-10lbs AFR =11 , Throttle = 85%
Map 2 shows, at high rpm, valve open, average boost = 9.5lbs AFR =11 , Throttle = 85%
Bonus pics:







