KEF Audio Upgrade Parts - Now Available!

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As promised, here are the final 3D printed versions of the front and rear speaker mounts, & Amp Mount, allowing you to upgrade your KEF audio to a far superior system. The front mounts allow you to transform from a 3" speaker to any 6.5" speaker, and the rear mounts allow you to install any far superior 5" speaker.

I’m able to produce both front and rear mounts on demand at a cost of £435 (Including postage if you’re within the UK). The mounts are 3D printed at 100% infill, not hollow or honeycomb.

The amp mount can also be produced upon request for £180, (formed from a single sheet of 5mm aluminium, plasma cut & folded into the perfect shape to mount in place of the cars original sub). All holes are pre-drilled and it’s made to take any Audison Forza amp. A 70mm Stainless-steel blanking plate (to cover the bottom free-to-air sub drain-hole).

Speaker wiring colour codes will also be included, saving you hours of time.

I’ve personally completed this upgrade to my own Emira and the difference is night and day – If you enjoy your music as much as the car, then this upgrade is definitely worth it!

I’m sure there will be many questions, and hopefully I’ll have all of the answers as the installation was completed by myself (plus taken 100’s of pictures along the way should these also be of interest).

Attachments

• IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    426.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 125

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for all the efforts, that looks like a proper labour of love. Out of interest, when you say it's night and day different, how much would someone need to spend on the amp and speakers to reach this level of auditory enlightenment? :)

OP
K

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for all the efforts, that looks like a proper labour of love. Out of interest, when you say it's night and day different, how much would someone need to spend on the amp and speakers to reach this level of auditory enlightenment? :)
Hi Andy,
Available speakers and amps on the market is vast, so my guess would be it completely depends on how much one is willing to spend to achieve happiness / auditory enlightenment.

I really enjoy my music & spent approx. 2600 on Tweeters, Front & Rear speakers, 10" Active sub and an Amplifier - However, I have purchased from seriously good manufactures (Hertz Mille & Audison).

OP
K

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few more pictures of the install...

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    502.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 89
  • RNUN2892.JPG
    RNUN2892.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 101

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would you be able to share the 3D files for those of us that have a 3D printer?

Last edited:
OP
K

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Would you be able to share the #d files for those of us that have a 3D printer?
Unfortunately the answer is no....

Sorry to sound harsh, however, as you have your own 3D printer you'll know & understand it's not just as simple as drawing and printing such specialized parts.
Many hrs have gone into the design, development & trials with different types of material to ensure the end product is robust & will last on sport suspension.
The mounts are 100% infill, not partially hollow / honeycomb 50% or 20%, these were the prototypes which I wouldn't offer for sale due to a risk of failure.

Thanks.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Absolutely. The fact it’s 3D printed shouldn’t take away from the labor necessary to bring a part from idea to reality. Great job!

Some vendors (in other industries) will sell the STL so people with printers can save in manufacturing and shipping costs, but I don’t know how they protect themselves from previous customers redistributing the file they purchased.

Last edited:

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't you think that's kind of a s***** thing to ask after someone went through all the work of engineering these things and then creating them?
In a community of enthusiasts, I don't believe it is unless there's a vendor involved (then it would make sense) who is selling for profit. I'm active on several forums where numerous STL files are freely shared by members for printing various small parts. It's not a significant issue, but if you're willing to spend $550 on parts that could likely be printed for just 10% of that cost, then go ahead, more power to you.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
In a community of enthusiasts, I don't believe it is unless there's a vendor involved (then it would make sense) who is selling for profit. I'm active on several forums where numerous STL files are freely shared by members for printing various small parts. It's not a significant issue, but if you're willing to spend $550 on parts that could likely be printed for just 10% of that cost, then go ahead, more power to you.
That's fine if it's something simple/tiny. It's like Google asking Apple for its iPhone blueprints after they came out with the first smartphone. This guy is going to sell his parts for a small profit to help offset his costs and time involved. What's to stop you from getting the design and turning around and selling them around the world?

RoryBellows

Reaction score
Aren't you the same guy whos trying to get people to spend $900 on bumper guards?

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
A few more pictures of the install...

Thank you for really going in depth on the whole process! I was interested in attempting a similar project on an Evora (and now Emira instead), but the amount of work you've done to take apart the vehicle has me a bit more hesitant. Do you have a rough estimate of hours necessary to take everything apart and any difficulties with wiring?

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What material are you using for the print? PET CF?

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Aren't you the same guy whos trying to get people to spend $900 on bumper guards?
I have no affiliation with the vendor, and just posted my findings as they are the only ones offering the product., just like i posted the thread for the ECU options available for the EMIRA.

Drambeenie

Reaction score
Did you install all that sound deadening in the door and on the bulkhead , or is that stock?

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did you install all that sound deadening in the door and on the bulkhead , or is that stock?
I believe he did that after, as the EMIRA does not come with sound deadening.

Last edited:
OP
K

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for really going in depth on the whole process! I was interested in attempting a similar project on an Evora (and now Emira instead), but the amount of work you've done to take apart the vehicle has me a bit more hesitant. Do you have a rough estimate of hours necessary to take everything apart and any difficulties with wiring?
I would estimate the complete installation would take around 1 week if I'd had the speaker mounts, amp mount & wiring colour codes. If I'm honest, it was the sound deadening that took the most time to install due to the curves in the rear of the car.
No difficulties with the wiring, everything is easily accessible once all trim is removed.
I ran x2 power cables and x1 earth direct from the battery, but again, good access once the left-hand rear wheel and arch liner is removed.

OP
K

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Correct, what you can see in the photos is what I have installed. The car doesn't have any in the doors as standard. You do get a bit of suck-on foam in the rear around the engine access cover (behind the drivers seat), but that is all - this peels off quite easy in one piece. I've re-used this because the trims are made to take the 2cm foam.

OP
K

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What material are you using for the print? PET CF?
Hi - Yes, it's a type of PET CF, but reinforced. There are many variations of this material - rest assured only high-quality material is used.