JUBU Carbon engine lid (louvre)

Anyone else we need 2 more
 
Well as far as costs go I can give you some insight getting it to the USA (Florida). This thread was just a few days too late for me to get in on the group buy. My bill with fees and shipping was €2064 EU, $2,399.75 to the credit card.
Then it sat in customs at the UPS holding facility without any word from UPS for a week until I called. Turns out you need a broker. Found a broker, filled out paperwork with them and did a quick video call to prove identity. Their fees were about $260 (clearance, messenger, and a single entry bond), but customs wanted $830 in tariffs. They had it wrong. They assumed it had aluminum and other metal in it and hit it with a 25% metals-derivative tariff on top of everything else. Once I pointed out it’s carbon fiber, they got it down to $450. That was still wrong. EU auto parts are supposed to be capped at 15% total duty under the US-EU trade deal, which works out to about $260, so the correct all-in bill should’ve been around $540 instead of the $735 I paid. But I paid it because I’m leaving to go out of town (EU) ironically and didn’t want the hassle of chasing a $190 refund through a correction filing.
Moral of the story: budget roughly 15% duty plus ~$260 in broker fees on top of whatever JUBU charges you if US bound and check the tariff codes on your entry summary. Mine was wrong twice.
 
Well as far as costs go I can give you some insight getting it to the USA (Florida). This thread was just a few days too late for me to get in on the group buy. My bill with fees and shipping was €2064 EU, $2,399.75 to the credit card.
Then it sat in customs at the UPS holding facility without any word from UPS for a week until I called. Turns out you need a broker. Found a broker, filled out paperwork with them and did a quick video call to prove identity. Their fees were about $260 (clearance, messenger, and a single entry bond), but customs wanted $830 in tariffs. They had it wrong. They assumed it had aluminum and other metal in it and hit it with a 25% metals-derivative tariff on top of everything else. Once I pointed out it’s carbon fiber, they got it down to $450. That was still wrong. EU auto parts are supposed to be capped at 15% total duty under the US-EU trade deal, which works out to about $260, so the correct all-in bill should’ve been around $540 instead of the $735 I paid. But I paid it because I’m leaving to go out of town (EU) ironically and didn’t want the hassle of chasing a $190 refund through a correction filing.
Moral of the story: budget roughly 15% duty plus ~$260 in broker fees on top of whatever JUBU charges you if US bound and check the tariff codes on your entry summary. Mine was wrong twice.
Have you got it fitted yet?
 
This is why it might be better for me to get it from the China connection. I didn't have to go through all this when I got recently my carbon fiber hood. They gave me a price and included old duties and charges.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top