Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Hmmm. This guy out here saying that Lotus told him the V6 was being discontinued and is already sold out. Huge if true.

(and he has doubled down in comments)

Anyone know anyone at Hethel who can confirm?
I think it is market dependent. i.e. European countries had the V6 removed from the configurator a few months ago. Only i4 can be ordered. I am fairly certain for North America we will be getting a base V6 variant.

I know dealers are not informed very well but its the exact question I asked my dealer last week by email. still waiting for a response.

You can still order the V6 first edition manual here in the U.K.

Would be interesting to know if there is truth in what he says on his video, saying Lotus claims they have sold out of its V6 engines and being discontinued and when they expect that to happen…….

It can't be ordered in France per the factory people.

You can still order the V6 first edition manual here in the U.K.

Would be interesting to know if there is truth in what he says on his video, saying Lotus claims they have sold out of its V6 engines and being discontinued and when they expect that to happen…….
It does say (right at the end of the UK configurator) no more UK V6 deliveries before 2026 though……

It does say (right at the end of the UK configurator) no more UK V6 deliveries before 2026 though……
Ahh hadn’t gone all the way to the end.l of the config.

So if it’s says non until 2026, then seems unlikely they would restart production if they are discontinued everywhere else and focus on future variants.

Seems unlikely the base Emira will ever happen

But why would they state that you cant order before 2026? Doesnt this imply that you will be able to order from 2026? (no idea why the would take this 2 year break though…)

But why would they state that you cant order before 2026? Doesnt this imply that you will be able to order from 2026? (no idea why the would take this 2 year break though…)
Just a guess...

1. Try to sell the existing V6 stock at dealers
2. Gauge demand if it is worth bringing out the V6 base
3. Upsell any V6 depositors into the V6 UK Final Edition with a big premium i.e. sold out at launch is always good for marketing

Perhaps it's all three....

Ahh hadn’t gone all the way to the end.l of the config.

So if it’s says non until 2026, then seems unlikely they would restart production if they are discontinued everywhere else and focus on future variants.

Seems unlikely the base Emira will ever happen
Base i4 will happen... Base V6 unlikely in UK, perhaps the final edition run in 2026. North America will most likely be getting a base V6 run for 2025 model year I suspect.

You CAN still order a UK V6 FE now (but via a dealer as the UK direct sales model now appears to be defunct - another recent UK configurator change) but the UK configurator states no more UK V6 DELIVERIES until 2026 at the end of the process...... However, as we all know with Lotus :

images.jpeg

I wonder if they're saying 2026 because the next batch of engines from Toyota isn't due to deliver to them until sometime in 2025?

You CAN still order a UK V6 FE now (but via a dealer as the UK direct sales model now appears to be defunct - another recent UK configurator change) but the UK configurator states no more UK V6 DELIVERIES until 2026 at the end of the process...... However, as we all know with Lotus :

View attachment 45087
You can no longer order directly from Lotus? Not a surprise the way they handled deposits / cancellation policy.

Like I said, I dont know how well dealers are informed, but today I got an Email from my dealer answering all my questions. This is what he stated (this applies for switzerland/europe):

- V6 Base (manual) will be available to order from 4th quarter 2024. price is not announced yet (hopefully due in august)
- Emira V6 will continued to be built but there will be new emissions regulations (6e) from September 4th, that is why the V6 is currently not available to order
- as of now, they know nothing about upcoming S or R Versions. He believes they will be available with both engine types…

Bad news.......
I could imagine that in the end the Emira was not sufficiently attractive to him...........
could be. but also, we don't have to imagine that youtube car content creators have found that it's far easier to get more views with "new".

I was about to post this but saw it here already. Bit of a shame as Harry was such a strong supporter in the early days. However, he does have a serious collection and seemingly infinite pockets to fund new and exciting options. Looking forward to getting his views on ownership and the reasons for sale. I wonder what it went for?