Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Guess who wins?!

”Engine tech has virtually overmatched the requirements of the gearbox. I just hear a zizzing whine and I didn’t need to change gear once through four kilometres of twisties.”

Yeah, I think this is the thing that disappoints me about my car. I used to have an MX-5 and would row through the gears constantly… but you just don’t need to with the Emira. Stick it in 3rd and you’re pretty much good. A consequence of such a broad torque curve?

The review nails everything else. (I might touch base with the editor to get them to change those incorrect Evora references.)

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
”Engine tech has virtually overmatched the requirements of the gearbox. I just hear a zizzing whine and I didn’t need to change gear once through four kilometres of twisties.”

Yeah, I think this is the thing that disappoints me about my car. I used to have an MX-5 and would row through the gears constantly… but you just don’t need to with the Emira. Stick it in 3rd and you’re pretty much good. A consequence of such a broad torque curve?

The review nails everything else. (I might touch base with the editor to get them to change those incorrect Evora references.)
I keep telling myself that the first clutch change will be a welcome opportunity to install shorter final drive ratios!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Guess who wins?!

I think it would be a blast to be able to have 3 to 4 cars to drive over a weekend and compare. As an enthusiast I think I will add that to my bucket list. I feel like the reviews are starting to settle in and people are evaluating the car for what it is. At this point my opinion is that if the Evora is a High School Student raw with talent, the Emira is a College Student with refinement and purpose. By modernizing the cockpit and creating epic looks, Lotus has polished their product for maximum versatility and fun.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When you read the reviews from US / Australia / ROW and then read the UK reviews, you have to wonder if some of them were driving the same car. Is there a Porsche bias in the UK in general?

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was surprised to learn only through this video that it doesn't have keyless entry. That is a minor hassle but an odd omission. If it knows you're near, why wouldn't they just add in the feature where pulling on the handle opens the door, and then when walking away auto lock the door?

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was surprised to learn only through this video that it doesn't have keyless entry. That is a minor hassle but an odd omission. If it knows you're near, why wouldn't they just add in the feature where pulling on the handle opens the door, and then when walking away auto lock the door?
I was glad to see 'no keyless entry'. Renders a relay-attack theft impossible (correct me if I'm wrong). I won't likely be approaching my Emira with arms full of groceries....

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This usually requires integration of the transmitters in the door handles or pillars and a trunk handle for most cars. Likely was left out for cost and weight savings. The design of the door handles also doesn’t look like it allows for this and requires integration into the pillar instead.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was glad to see 'no keyless entry'. Renders a relay-attack theft impossible (correct me if I'm wrong). I won't likely be approaching my Emira with arms full of groceries....
Only if the car uses a rolling chain encryption. Is this the case? If it's a set code people can still capture it when you unlock the car.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Only if the car uses a rolling chain encryption. Is this the case? If it's a set code people can still capture it when you unlock the car.
It’s not a set code, they’ve been using rolling codes for a long time now. Even then there are techniques used to jam and roll back the car’s control unit on rolling code systems so long as they get a few captures of the code and counters on the key.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
When you read the reviews from US / Australia / ROW and then read the UK reviews, you have to wonder if some of them were driving the same car. Is there a Porsche bias in the UK in general?

This review strikes me as being written by ChatGPT. A lot of emotion but little details or content. It says the car is sharp, but no concrete examples, no description of the senses, just a pile of words.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This review strikes me as being written by ChatGPT. A lot of emotion but little details or content. It says the car is sharp, but no concrete examples, no description of the senses, just a pile of words.
your not wrong.... they did a little video as well. Top speed kinda sucks doesn't it.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems like he liked nearly everything about the car but said the engine didn’t sound that good. It’s not the engine it’s the exhaust system for sure. There’s no way it can be the engine if he’s saying an Evora 400 has the same engine but sounds better. If it had the same exhaust they would have felt exactly the same. An aftermarket exhaust or at least a 3rd cat delete makes a massive difference.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it would be a blast to be able to have 3 to 4 cars to drive over a weekend and compare. As an enthusiast I think I will add that to my bucket list. I feel like the reviews are starting to settle in and people are evaluating the car for what it is. At this point my opinion is that if the Evora is a High School Student raw with talent, the Emira is a College Student with refinement and purpose. By modernizing the cockpit and creating epic looks, Lotus has polished their product for maximum versatility and fun.
Before deciding on the Emira within about 2 weeks I drove an M2, Cayman GTS, Cayman GT4, Jaguar F-Type 2.0 turbo & 5.0 V8 AWD and owned an RS3.

Although all of the cars had good and bad points I felt the Emira was as they say for the driver. It had the best feel and connection with the road and the sport suspension handled the UK country roads as well as being comfortable. I felt it was truly a great feat to be able to have that level of sports car handling without being over hard or lacking in feeling.

The only problem with arranging so many tests drives is all the constant sales calls even after you say it wasn’t for you. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seems like he liked nearly everything about the car but said the engine didn’t sound that good. It’s not the engine it’s the exhaust system for sure. There’s no way it can be the engine if he’s saying an Evora 400 has the same engine but sounds better. If it had the same exhaust they would have felt exactly the same. An aftermarket exhaust or at least a 3rd cat delete makes a massive difference.
The colour of the wind muff he wore on his face wasn’t matching the one on his lapel mic. Distracting…