Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not a review but the Emira is in it

That was a great video. I'm glad to see they got 4.1s out of the Emira with a very abusive clutch dump. I thought the main complaint from other reviewers is the tall-ish 3rd gear, and not 1-2 shift speed. Granted, everyone has noted that you have to be deliberate when shifting this transmission. Good to see how well it did.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah lol. I also struggled a bit through the driving portion with all the giggling. Some of the terms he used throughout the videos were not technically correct but I get what he meant. He has some good videos on his channel!

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow, I think this was one of the best Emira reviews that I've seen so far! How have I never heard of this channel before? From the very start of the video, great camera work, slowly and smoothly panning around the vehicle to provide additional angles and keep the audience engaged. And you could tell the cameraman and presenter were "in sync" with one another, as the camera almost anticipates the speaker's words, and pans around to focus on the various parts of the car as he's talking. Also, the presenter himself has a great flow to his delivery too (althoughmaybeabittoofastatsomepoints), and is able to talk for multiple minutes at a time in a single camera take — very impressive to a movie buff like myself! 😄

One thing that surprised me though, was seeing the clips of him trying to "launch" the automatic transmission Emira. I can't believe what a long delay there was in the car getting off the line! It was like trying to wake the car up from a groggy night's sleep after it had been out all night drinking. I wonder, would the car have been any quicker in "manual shifting" mode using the paddles?

Pixelated816

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow, I think this was one of the best Emira reviews that I've seen so far! How have I never heard of this channel before? From the very start of the video, great camera work, slowly and smoothly panning around the vehicle to provide additional angles and keep the audience engaged. And you could tell the cameraman and presenter were "in sync" with one another, as the camera almost anticipates the speaker's words, and pans around to focus on the various parts of the car as he's talking. Also, the presenter himself has a great flow to his delivery too (althoughmaybeabittoofastatsomepoints), and is able to talk for multiple minutes at a time in a single camera take — very impressive to a movie buff like myself! 😄

One thing that surprised me though, was seeing the clips of him trying to "launch" the automatic transmission Emira. I can't believe what a long delay there was in the car getting off the line! It was like trying to wake the car up from a groggy night's sleep after it had been out all night drinking. I wonder, would the car have been any quicker in "manual shifting" mode using the paddles?
I thought both automatics had launch control. Maybe he's driving a demo car that may not have one?

Edit: On page 72 there's a video of Salomondrin driving the emira v6 auto, and at 11:45 of the video, without launch control, rolled off without delay. There must be something wrong with the car in the Redline Review video?. Or like you said Salomandrin looks like he was in manual mode when he took off.

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Honestly though the worst part was he kept saying stuff like Lotus DNA, and other stuff trying to talk about the design of the car and every time he spoke he demonstrated how little he knew. It was rough.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Honestly though the worst part was he kept saying stuff like Lotus DNA, and other stuff trying to talk about the design of the car and every time he spoke he demonstrated how little he knew. It was rough.
Agreed, I was thirsty for fresh content but couldn't finish watching this.