• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
..."Touring. Suspension (with Goodyears) is horrible for the track,
but otherwise a fantastic car."
Well, who would have guessed?
For our roads in the San Francisco Bay area that are pretty smooth and recently repaved and the fact that we have 3 arguably world class tracks driving distance away, Sport is the way to go. I have extensively driving a Sport demo here and it's totally fine. Softer than my daily Mini on Ohlins R&T

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I felt the same around the hethel test tack in tour suspension. I am firmly in the sports / Goodyears. Which was not my original choice but after a few different rides in different setups, this is what suits me best.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
For our roads in the San Francisco Bay area that are pretty smooth and recently repaved and the fact that we have 3 arguably world class tracks driving distance away, Sport is the way to go. I have extensively driving a Sport demo here and it's totally fine. Softer than my daily Mini on Ohlins R&T
We must live in a different SF Bay Area. Smooth roads?! I'm ok with sports after the test drive but our roads are kind of crappy. I guess UK ones are terrible.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We must live in a different SF Bay Area. Smooth roads?! I'm ok with sports after the test drive but our roads are kind of crappy. I guess UK ones are terrible.
I am Peninsula so Skyline, 84, 9, Bear Creek, etc. All well paved. Where are you? Let's get an Emira drive going when they finally come?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I am Peninsula so Skyline, 84, 9, Bear Creek, etc. All well paved. Where are you? Let's get an Emira drive going when they finally come?
I'm in Walnut Creek. Let's do it, but I'll get my Emira like late 24 or early 25 at this pace. But...I've a 911T coming in Jan. So we can organize a drive with other member and do some comparisons.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not exactly the last word in automotive reviewing excellence, but a fun watch I found down the Youtube rabbit hole...

I think I just liked that these guys were just casually shooting the breeze and having a good time :)

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Review from Jason Cammisa and Derek Tam-Scott on Carmudgeon.

The conclusion was that they really like it ("one of the few modern cars I'd genuinely be enthusiastic to own"). Their criticism sounds harsh, but I think it's just quite nuanced with high standards due to the extensive experience in the industry.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not exactly the last word in automotive reviewing excellence, but a fun watch I found down the Youtube rabbit hole...

I think I just liked that these guys were just casually shooting the breeze and having a good time :)
This was awesome!! 😂 I love the dynamic between those two guys. They play off each others' personalities so well. Very entertaining to watch. 😁👌

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Review from Jason Cammisa and Derek Tam-Scott on Carmudgeon.

The conclusion was that they really like it ("one of the few modern cars I'd genuinely be enthusiastic to own"). Their criticism sounds harsh, but I think it's just quite nuanced with high standards due to the extensive experience in the industry.

I appreciate Jason Cammisa more and more, this episode was great! You just realize how much he loves cars and I think he is spot on with his comments regarding Emira and other Lotus products. I can relate to that. :giggle:

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Didn't seem to love it.
yeah coming from a lotus race car driver, he didnt think it was as good on the track. pretty high bar

at the very end he gave praise towards it when it comes to being a road car