Emira performance - disappointing?

Foxy87

Reaction score
The 2022 supra dyno 391hp /420lb to the wheels stock.. Toyota/BMW is definitely sandbagging the numbers.
Like I said, Supra has 340 HP in Europe (afaik we dont get the 390 HP version due to regulations I guess) and has been tested by car magazins on the dyno with an output 350 HP.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Car & Driver magazine found the latest manual-trans Supra to do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.
motor trend I believe got 4.3 .... 3.9 from C&D for a manual is impressive. Will be interested to see what they pull from an Emira. Whoever they got driving manual is clearly one of the best haha.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
motor trend I believe got 4.3 .... 3.9 from C&D for a manual is impressive. Will be interested to see what they pull from an Emira. Whoever they got driving manual is clearly one of the best haha.
frustrated that many people have their cars at this point and still no journalist has done a proper report of 0-60. Is that soft ban of reporting that still in place?

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Perhaps the thread should be renamed or locked. Pretty off topic now from the op's post...
I think if naturally progressed to "is the Emira worth all the issues?" LOTUS is living up to the acronym; they certainly are Lots of Trouble.

meccanisti

Reaction score
I think if naturally progressed to "is the Emira worth all the issues?" LOTUS is living up to the acronym; they certainly are Lots of Trouble.
It’s progressed to ‘how much power does the Toyota Supra really have’ and what is the ‘real 0-60 of the Emira’!!

And if you think the BMW Supra is going to be more reliable and have zero issues you’ve never owned a BMW.

EGR cooler that can burn your car to the ground and an airbag that can explode in your face are the latest recalls on ours, been outstanding for months and months and they have no parts to fix. And the car is 8 yrs old so has been carrying those design faults from new!

Puts some wipers and low battery volt codes in perspective.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A lot of driving aspects revolve around “feel” which is usually down to handling dynamics.

The supras is poor for a sports car. Straight line performance means little. Also the Emira is more Toyota than the supra so there’s that.

Chobfreak

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems like it's not the only "affordable" mid-engined sportscar that causes trouble.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s really my concern about the Emira whatever edition. With its pedigree and looks and price it should be able to hold its own. Getting shredded by what some would consider its close competitors isn’t really where I’d like to be. Yea, it looks good, yea it handles well; but shouldn’t it perform at least well enough to not get blown over.
"Hold its own", "shredded", "blown over"....

Listen, unless there are TV cameras following you around a major motorsports facility and your name is next to a number on a TV screen somewhere, literally NOBODY cares whether your car is going faster or slower than anyone else's. And the only reason you do, is because of ego.

This is a car that you buy because you want the pleasure of driving it. Not the mental validation of going faster than someone else, but the literal pleasure of DRIVING. THE. CAR. The actual experience. Specs not relevant, speed over the ground not relevant, speed compared to something else not relevant. Just the driving experience.

If that's not what you are interested in, you shouldn't buy this car, and you probably shouldn't be interested in it as a topic. It's a waste of your time and energy, because it's designed for purposes that don't match your interests whatsoever.

OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
"Hold its own", "shredded", "blown over"....

Listen, unless there are TV cameras following you around a major motorsports facility and your name is next to a number on a TV screen somewhere, literally NOBODY cares whether your car is going faster or slower than anyone else's. And the only reason you do, is because of ego.

This is a car that you buy because you want the pleasure of driving it. Not the mental validation of going faster than someone else, but the literal pleasure of DRIVING. THE. CAR. The actual experience. Specs not relevant, speed over the ground not relevant, speed compared to something else not relevant. Just the driving experience.

If that's not what you are interested in, you shouldn't buy this car, and you probably shouldn't be interested in it as a topic. It's a waste of your time and energy, because it's designed for purposes that don't match your interests whatsoever.

Specs not relevant, speed over the ground not relevant, speed compared to something else not relevant.
Collin might disagree with you. He did mention something about going fast once or twice. Besides, my experience is my own and relevance is subjective.

Lest we all forget - Mr. Chapman’s cars won races. Lots and Lots of Races.

Last edited:

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don’t disagree the GT4 is quicker, but in my short drive with the Emira I didn’t feel it was in a different league. The GT4 really feels faster above 5k RPM, but in the low end Emira felt a bit more urgent IMO. In the end, Lotus targeted an F-type and Cayman GTS 4.0. I think it competes perfectly well and between the two I would take an Emira. A manual car can no longer be about numbers or straight line speed. DCT’s are so good, manual is for driving in engagement now. GT4 is the better car, but the Emira > cayman GTS 4.0 & F-type
the GT4 feels quicker especially at low ends. There’s no hesitation or lag because of the naturally aspirated engine. The linear delivery is consistent throughout. I have mine in pdk and with launch it can do 0-60 in under 3.5. Car and driver got 3.3 but I’ve never been able to do that.

Anyway, the Emira is sweet and straight line speed isn’t its habitat. Handling, I think the GT4 is still as good but that’s subjective. Roll is hard to compare honestly because you have to do the same exact track at the same speed and angle realistically to tell and I just think it comes down to memory and I can’t recall.

The real problem here is failing Emiras! What’s the point of having such a beautiful car (inside and out I might add), if you can’t drive the damn thing?

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Collin might disagree with you. He did mention something about going fast once or twice. Besides, my experience is my own and relevance is subjective.

Lest we all forget - Mr. Chapman’s cars won races. Lots and Lots of Races.
No, I don't think he'd disagree. His road cars were never the fastest and he never tried to make them the fastest. Just the most fun to drive.

OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No, I don't think he'd disagree. His road cars were never the fastest and he never tried to make them the fastest. Just the most fun to drive.
So what you’re saying is Lotus is slow, unreliable and overpriced? Gotcha. Isn’t that Maserati’s niche?

Last edited: