Emira performance - disappointing?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why the hell isn’t it 430 HP and 0-100km in 3.8 like the Evora? (416 hp in the USA damnit). It’s the same powertrain. Tuned down my foot. Sell me a plug in usb for $1 to tune it back up where it’s supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
True, but it looks better so that’s OK
That’s my problem. It looks great in the rear view of the R8, 911, Vantage, 570S, MC20, NSX, and even a damn C8 that blows right on by.

Daz205

Reaction score
Who cares , speed kills 😝 , drive slower and admire the scenery / reflections of the emira along with the joy of driving it .
The view from the drivers position , the joy of the chassis in the turns and twists it’s never going to be a drag car / hardcore track car / 🤞it will be(come) reliable.
It has its niggles / quirks/ and maybe a flaw or two but overall it’s good car and £££ per smile hard to beat (2nd hand market excluded)
And of course she’s a beauty (pic to prove)

Attachments

• 3F65BBC6-50A8-45D5-AF21-0E560E02BA41.jpeg
    3F65BBC6-50A8-45D5-AF21-0E560E02BA41.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 116
OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yea, ya know what…there’s a type of car out there that looks flashy, sounds loud, drive slow, breaks down often and the owners think their ride is the absolute best…….they’re called Ricers. And I’m not a Ricer, I don’t want to own a ricer and I’m not gonna pay $120,000 USD for what is essentially a ricer with a badge from what used to be nice auto company. Ricers like to glue badges to their cars too. That’s what we got ourselves here folks a piece of crap with a badge glued on it that means precisely squat.
-Admin, move this to the I’m out thread if appropriate; I’m ordering an Artura. I’ve got two years to save up another $100k

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yea, ya know what…there’s a type of car out there that looks flashy, sounds loud, drive slow, breaks down often and the owners think their ride is the absolute best…….they’re called Ricers. And I’m not a Ricer, I don’t want to own a ricer and I’m not gonna pay $120,000 USD for what is essentially a ricer with a badge from what used to be nice auto company. Ricers like to glue badges to their cars too. That’s what we got ourselves here folks a piece of crap with a badge glued on it that means precisely squat.
-Admin, move this to the I’m out thread if appropriate; I’m ordering an Artura. I’ve got two years to save up another $100k
Enjoy your Artura, I guess?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why the hell isn’t it 430 HP and 0-100km in 3.8 like the Evora? (416 hp in the USA damnit). It’s the same powertrain. Tuned down my foot. Sell me a plug in usb for $1 to tune it back up where it’s supposed to be.
I've been wondering the same thing for awhile now. I haven't seen any clear explanations as to why the Emira seems to underperform vs. the Evora in terms of acceleration. It'll be interesting to see how it performs as it is delivered to U.S. buyers. Hopefully closer to 4 seconds than 5...

I understand the bit about it not being a super car and that it's not built for straight line speed. That said, I sure hope it doesn't get smoked by my DD once I take delivery.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing for awhile now. I haven't seen any clear explanations as to why the Emira seems to underperform vs. the Evora in terms of acceleration. It'll be interesting to see how it performs as it is delivered to U.S. buyers. Hopefully closer to 4 seconds than 5...

I understand the bit about it not being a super car and that it's not built for straight line speed. That said, I sure hope it doesn't get smoked by my DD once I take delivery.
Is this not simply explained by the size/weight of the Emira?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is this not simply explained by the size/weight of the Emira?
The Emira and Evora are virtually identical in weight and size. Same engine, drivetrain, etc. So I don't think it is that simple. That's why I'm perplexed that the Evora runs 3.8 and people seem to have trouble getting under 5 seconds in the Emira.

OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Emira and Evora are virtually identical in weight and size. Same engine, drivetrain, etc. So I don't think it is that simple. That's why I'm perplexed that the Evora runs 3.8 and people seem to have trouble getting under 5 seconds in the Emira.
The Emira is purposely tuned down. They say it’s for emissions. May be true however, I hate to break it to them at least the US market, that won’t cut it. If it’s still not able to post Evora GT numbers with the same engine and I can’t tune it up without screwing up the thing, they can forget it. The i4 was specifically designed for the female drivers in the Chinese market because the beast cars we like in the states aren’t as popular. If they tuned the V6 down for China as well as it can’t be brought back up to a 2021 GT. Hard pass. And that’s exactly what I’ll say as I pass everyone in an Emira. It’s a fugazi. All looks, flashy, doesn’t have anything to back it up, breaks all the time. Lotus - for the wannabes

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And that’s exactly what I’ll say as I pass everyone in an Emira. It’s a fugazi. All looks, flashy, doesn’t have anything to back it up, breaks all the time. Lotus - for the wannabes

And yet you are on this forum and have posted 285 times. Are you just here to spew negative energy?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira is purposely tuned down. They say it’s for emissions. May be true however, I hate to break it to them at least the US market, that won’t cut it. If it’s still not able to post Evora GT numbers with the same engine and I can’t tune it up without screwing up the thing, they can forget it. The i4 was specifically designed for the female drivers in the Chinese market because the beast cars we like in the states aren’t as popular. If they tuned the V6 down for China as well as it can’t be brought back up to a 2021 GT. Hard pass. And that’s exactly what I’ll say as I pass everyone in an Emira. It’s a fugazi. All looks, flashy, doesn’t have anything to back it up, breaks all the time. Lotus - for the wannabes
That seems a bit over the top. Lotus is for anything but the wannabees. I'd say people drag racing their Tesla Model 3s or sliding their Hellcats off the roads would better fit that description than a true driver's car, even if it isn't as powerful as you'd hope it to be.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Sounds like you should def get an American muscle car if you want 0-60mph times, streetlight racing, etc.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Well, a 2021 Supra does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. I guess we should all be buying that car, which is half the cost. :unsure:
I'm sure a Caterham is even faster. Probably cheaper too. So many options for streetlight racing bragging rights.

I'm so glad I have no interest in that kind of stuff. I've to deal with all those racing me in my F80. So so unnecessary but I'll let them feel good about themselves.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, a 2021 Supra does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. I guess we should all be buying that car, which is half the cost. :unsure:
Had the option of that car but it’s way too “BMW Bland” as i know it. Pretty quick but feels as boring as possible.

Last edited:

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

It sounds to me like you aren't interested in the car for how it drives, from a literal dynamics perspective, and rather are interested in what relative status it confers.

Sure, it might be a 3%-5% difference in outright acceleration compared to an Evora GT / GT410, meaning it's roughly equivalent in performance to the Evora 400 (as was the explicit target I believe), and your response is to declare it a completely non-performing turd? "Nothing" to back up the looks despite it being a 400hp semi-exotic sports car?

Why, because what you crave is the special status (and very minor performance bump) connected with a GT or R model? This honestly seems like a personal issue, not a problem with the vehicle. The Emira FE is designed to be the street/touring version, not the raw sport model which will come later.

OP
Hell4Leather

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you aren't interested in the car for how it drives, from a literal dynamics perspective, and rather are interested in what relative status it confers.

Sure, it might be a 3%-5% difference in outright acceleration compared to an Evora GT / GT410, meaning it's roughly equivalent in performance to the Evora 400 (as was the explicit target I believe), and your response is to declare it a completely non-performing turd? "Nothing" to back up the looks despite it being a 400hp semi-exotic sports car?

Why, because what you crave is the special status (and very minor performance bump) connected with a GT or R model? This honestly seems like a personal issue, not a problem with the vehicle. The Emira FE is designed to be the street/touring version, not the raw sport model which will come later.
You mean it will come “soon”

And it’s not status. That’s what a Ferrari is for. I simply want something that I can legitimately be proud to own and drive every day. A 5 second car that looks cool isn’t going to work no matter how well it corners. I’m not going to drag race the thing or go at warp speed around town but the car has the lines, the looks, the sound, and the pedigree of an expertly engineered sports car. It should have the muscle to back it up. That’s not too much to ask.

Last edited: