• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira forged and cast wheel thread

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

I thought I'd start a fresh thread about Emira wheels here.

What we know:
  • Silver Forged wheels have a "satin silver finish" and are not gloss or chrome-like.
  • Diamond cut wheels are painted flat black then diamond cut. They are subsequently coated with a "stain clear finish" making the inside (black part) of the wheel look grey-ish in bright light.
  • Gloss black forged wheels probably need no explanation! Someone mentioned visible orange peel on the finish but might not have been production.
  • They are likely manufactured by Rimstock Ltd in UK.
What we don't know:
  • The weight difference between cast and forged 20" wheels.
  • Who makes the cast wheels.
  • What other colour options may be available in future (e.g. platinum/gunmetal/gold) and when (likely after Base spec release).

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I care more about specs since I'll use the Cup 2's for the track and the Goodyears on aftermarket forged wheels for the street.

Confirmed:
Front: 20x8.5" 245/35/20
Rear: 20x10" 295/30/20
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's

Unconfirmed:
-Offset (possibly +55 front and +69 rear if same as Evora)
-Centerbore (possibly 68.1mm if same as Evora)
-Bolt pattern (5x114.3 most likely)
-Weight

Tires are the same sizes as Porsche GT4/GT4RS, as are the similarly high offsets. This is apparently done for handling with the wheels more centered over the steering axis on the knuckle.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What we also know:
  • The pictures of wheels on show cars and hanging on the showroom walls in Shanghai are NOT representative of the final production designs
  • The Seneca Blue show car that toured UK and Europe has hand-made diamond cut wheels that are not production wheels but design-wise are close to the design intent for colours and finishes
  • So far we've been told the Base Edition will be offered with black or silver cast wheels, plus we expect the three FE forged wheels to be available as cost options - none of this confirmed yet
Pictures (official Lotus renders) of the 3 forged and 2 cast wheels:

Emira-ultra-light-weight-forged-alloy-wheel-V-spoke-in-Silver.jpg

Emira-ultra-light-weight-forged-alloy-wheel-V-spoke-in-Black.jpg

Emira-ultra-light-weight-forged-alloy-wheel-V-spoke-in-Diamond-Cut.jpg

Emira-alloy-wheel-design-in-Silver.jpg

Emira-alloy-wheel-design-in-Black.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are ceramic coatings high gloss? I'm going to get ppf on the body, but I've never had ceramic. Would ceramic hold up on the wheels? Might be an option to double as protection and make them appear fancier for those that don't like the satin finish.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Are ceramic coatings high gloss? I'm going to get ppf on the body, but I've never had ceramic. Would ceramic hold up on the wheels? Might be an option to double as protection and make them appear fancier for those that don't like the satin finish.

Yes, I coat my wheels (including the inner barrels) and calipers with Gyeon Q2 Rim Quartz (you can find it on Amazon). It lasts a long time if applied correctly and allowed to properly cure undisturbed.

vRC2nFH (1).jpg

part-0_20210226_125906.jpg

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I bought a FE and I still dont know what the wheels are coming with, gloss? matte? I chose the Silver Ultra Light weight v spokes. The configurator made me believe they were gloss......look at the caliper reflection!

1650590352034.png

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The base black wheels were initially advertised on the configurator as gloss black.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I bought a FE and I still dont know what the wheels are coming with, gloss? matte? I chose the Silver Ultra Light weight v spokes. The configurator made me believe they were gloss......look at the caliper reflection!

View attachment 4704
According to Lotus and those that recently saw these in the flesh at Hethel, the Silver Ultra Light weight wheels are a satin finish (not gloss, more a low sheen).

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd start a fresh thread about Emira wheels here.

What we know:
  • Silver Forged wheels have a "satin silver finish" and are not gloss or chrome-like.
  • Diamond cut wheels are painted flat black then diamond cut. They are subsequently coated with a "stain clear finish" making the inside (black part) of the wheel look grey-ish in bright light.
  • Gloss black forged wheels probably need no explanation! Someone mentioned visible orange peel on the finish but might not have been production.
  • They are likely manufactured by Rimstock Ltd in UK.
What we don't know:
  • The weight difference between cast and forged 20" wheels.
  • Who makes the cast wheels.
  • What other colour options may be available in future (e.g. platinum/gunmetal/gold) and when (likely after Base spec release).
When I emailed them about gold/bronze forged wheels, The reply was that they were definitely going to expand the range of factory wheels "but not any time soon".

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
well I think it depends on the product used. I just did a ceramic job on a new XT5 and coated the wheel faces and barrels with CSL/EXO and then did a vette using Legends. I did not make them high gloss but made the black wheels slightly more rich in color. The silver wheels ever so slightly more glossy. Note - make sure you ceramic after wheels are balanced as too hard to attach weights afterwards.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What we also know:
  • The pictures of wheels on show cars and hanging on the showroom walls in Shanghai are NOT representative of the final production designs
  • The Seneca Blue show car that toured UK and Europe has hand-made diamond cut wheels that are not production wheels but design-wise are close to the design intent for colours and finishes
  • So far we've been told the Base Edition will be offered with black or silver cast wheels, plus we expect the three FE forged wheels to be available as cost options - none of this confirmed yet
Pictures (official Lotus renders) of the 3 forged and 2 cast wheels:

View attachment 4700
View attachment 4698
View attachment 4699

View attachment 4697
View attachment 4696
Based on this week's tour, Eagle7's render of the silver wheels is more accurate:https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/battery-lithium-or-not.1178/page-2#post-26134

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 4704
That's why I was intending to spec the silver wheels with a magma red car - that isn't how the production wheels looked on the factory tour. My comment here: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/battery-lithium-or-not.1178/#post-26083

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Reactions: ADC

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I ordered mine with silver. Wheels aren't that difficult to customize, especially if it's just a glossy clear.
Agree. Going to start with silver and spray them if I'm not feeling it.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. Going to start with silver and spray them if I'm not feeling it.

Yep, I wanted a gunmetal or hyperblack color so I went with silver and plan to get them powdercoated right away since I'm looking at a winter delivery anyway and the Emira will be just sitting in my garage for a couple months.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep, I wanted a gunmetal or hyperblack color so I went with silver and plan to get them powdercoated right away since I'm looking at a winter delivery anyway and the Emira will be just sitting in my garage for a couple months.
Yeah pretty much the same for me. If the shipping delay for the U.K. cars is going to effect everything, that means I'll be likely seeing my car delivered in December, or possibly even January and we have snow and ice then. I'm having it delivered by covered carrier. I'm hoping for a light winter this year!