Silver Forged wheels - photo simulation

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Although we have had some good photos of forged rims in Gloss Black and Diamond Cut finishes, sadly a good quality real-world photo of the the Silver wheel seems to be missing. So to help those who are still on the fence with wheel selection, I've created the following that simulate the three different wheel options on the same car and backdrop.

These are not perfect, but should give a reasonable representation of the overall vehicle look with the different wheel types.

Hope this helps anyone who is still undecided!

shadow-dc-wheels.jpg

shadow-black-wheels.jpg

shadow-silver-wheels.jpg

Last edited:

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Although we have had some good photos of forged rims in Gloss Black and Diamond Cut finishes, sadly a good quality real-world photo of the the Silver wheel seems to be missing. So to help those who are still on the fence with wheel selection, I've created the following that simulate the three different wheel options on the same car and backdrop.

These are not perfect, but should give a reasonable representation of the overall vehicle look with the different wheel types.

View attachment 6027
View attachment 6028
View attachment 6029
I went for black rims ... on HY ... I'm sure it will be fantastic!

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 6027
View attachment 6028
View attachment 6029
A little too bright, IMO (based on factory tour).

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The configurator does a real good job of rendering the forged wheels. I’m sure you put some time in doing this but it’s a solution in search of a problem. From what I saw in person, the configurator is closer to real life than these renderings.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The configurator does a real good job of rendering the forged wheels. I’m sure you put some time in doing this but it’s a solution in search of a problem. From what I saw in person, the configurator is closer to real life than these renderings.
The configurator makes the silver forged wheels look almost chrome with that caliper color reflecting on the lip and inner spokes. Is that accurate from what you saw in person? I've seen a couple othe comments saying the silver wheels looked like plain silver and nothing special... 🤔

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The configurator makes the silver forged wheels look almost chrome with that caliper color reflecting on the lip and inner spokes. Is that accurate from what you saw in person? I've seen a couple othe comments saying the silver wheels looked like plain silver and nothing special... 🤔
That's partly why i had a go at simulating the silver wheels irrespective of the configurator. They are satin finish in real life and won't be polished chrome-like so the calipers won't reflect much.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's partly why i had a go at simulating the silver wheels irrespective of the configurator. They are satin finish in real life and won't be polished chrome-like so the calipers won't reflect much.
Agreed. I’m pretty sure I saw some on the factory tour that looked like any other silver painted alloy wheel with a clear coat gloss lacquer.