Nimbus grey wheel choice ???

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Silver all day long for me, it's all personal pref but when I look at black wheels on a car I just see a void where the wheel is supposed to be. An anthracite wheel with enough metallic for the light to catch it and show off the form would appeal to me on the right type and colour of car though.

Last edited:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Silver all day long for me, it's all personal pref but when i look at black wheels on a car I jist see a void where the wheel is supposed to be. An anthracite wheel with enough metallic for the light to catch it and shoe off the form would appeal to me on the right type and colour of car though.
Yes.... I feel the same about the back.... a void..... but for me they work real well on the yellow car :)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Aww was wanting to go silver but when you look at the 570 which we are thinking is a similar colour car to the nimbus I am thinking the black wheels just goes best against this colour….
I Feel where you are at.

I went through the same process:

First I was stuck with the black
then I changed for silver FE wheels.

And finally I ended up changing my order for Diamond Cut Wheels.

Guess I will not know until I see it, but I don't see a big problem in changing the color if I dislike them.

I was even wondering how it would look with bronze wheels.

maybe some job for @Eagle7 now that the new configurator left him partially unemployed !!!😜

nimbus, black pack, DC WHEELS in BRONZE, yellow calipers, Black Alcantara interior w/yellow stitch
Yellow calipers probably won't look good with the bronze , maybe change them for silver or black?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1644239777994.png

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Silver all day long for me, it's all personal pref but when i look at black wheels on a car I jist see a void where the wheel is supposed to be. An anthracite wheel with enough metallic for the light to catch it and shoe off the form would appeal to me on the right type and colour of car though.
You hit the nail on the head "see a void" with black wheels.
Porsche had a good alternative to either black or silver wheels, a very nice satin platinum finish.
The bonus is the Wheel colour is the exact same colour is brake dust so it hides it very well.
Screenshot_20220207-135527_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Porsche had a good alternative to either black or silver wheels, a very nice satin platinum finish.
The bonus is the Wheel colour is the exact same colour is brake dust so it hides it very well.
View attachment 2929
Very nice!

is it me or on this design I see a flower even more than in the Diamond Cut I chose 😜😜

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
View attachment 2929
Those are gorgeous- that would float my boat!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I Feel where you are at.

I went through the same process:

First I was stuck with the black
then I changed for silver FE wheels.

And finally I ended up changing my order for Diamond Cut Wheels.

Guess I will not know until I see it, but I don't see a big problem in changing the color if I dislike them.

I was even wondering how it would look with bronze wheels.

maybe some job for @Eagle7 now that the new configurator left him partially unemployed !!!😜

nimbus, black pack, DC WHEELS in BRONZE, yellow calipers, Black Alcantara interior w/yellow stitch
Yellow calipers probably won't look good with the bronze , maybe change them for silver or black?
Tried out what you requested. One with all bronze wheels, one with bronze diamond cut, then two with different shades of metallic gray, a light and a dark.

The bronze doesn't work very well. It just gets overwhelmed by the large areas of Nimbus. The two metallic grays work much better I think.

Bronze.png

Bronze DC.png

Metallic Light Gray.png

Metallic gray.png

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Definitely not the bronze.
I never understood bronze as a wheel colour, for some reason it shouts boy racer to me!
I've gone diamond cut but I will get them sprayed further down the line to a titanium colour. I had black gloss wheels on my silver F type and replaced them with diamond cut. It lifts the car when you do

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tried out what you requested. One with all bronze wheels, one with bronze diamond cut, then two with different shades of metallic gray, a light and a dark.

The bronze doesn't work very well. It just gets overwhelmed by the large areas of Nimbus. The two metallic grays work much better I think.

View attachment 2942
View attachment 2943
View attachment 2944
View attachment 2945
That's what I thought and why this renders are so helpful .
Thanks @Eagle7

Definitely will keep the Diamond Cut on this color. Light silver will also be next match.