Nimbus grey wheel choice ???

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Diamond-cut with gloss black on my former RS7. Looked really nice, but they were a great wheel design. I just can't get past the flower look of the Emira wheels.
20180921_171639.jpg

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Tried out what you requested. One with all bronze wheels, one with bronze diamond cut, then two with different shades of metallic gray, a light and a dark.

The bronze doesn't work very well. It just gets overwhelmed by the large areas of Nimbus. The two metallic grays work much better I think.

View attachment 2942
View attachment 2943
View attachment 2944
View attachment 2945
I would never pair gold or bronze wheels with a silver car (as you've just amply demonstrated!) but with the right body colour (dark green, some reds and blues - oh, and purple!) I think they look great.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I never understood bronze as a wheel colour, for some reason it shouts boy racer to me!
I've gone diamond cut but I will get them sprayed further down the line to a titanium colour. I had black gloss wheels on my silver F type and replaced them with diamond cut. It lifts the car when you do
Is it the Subaru WRC gold wheels boy-racer thing that puts you off? My brother had gold (prob nearer bronze) rims on his GT3 and they looked great - better than when he had silver rims on it.

Somewhat ironically, your Lotus 72 avatar had gold wheels - but then it was a proper racer - and those guys were men, not boys!

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have ordered Nimbus Grey with:

- Black pack including black roof and black mirrors
- Black forged wheels
- Black calipers

It looks wicked! The grey really stands out! Black wheels with black calipers = statement and combine perfect with the black roof, black mirror and the openings in the front.