Komotec launches aftermarket Emira forged wheels

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Komotec have just announced they are offering a lightweight forged wheel set for the Emira.

Specification is:
Front: 8.5 x 20", weight 10.5 kg/wheel (Forged Factory-Spec: 11.5 kg/wheel)
Rear: 10.0 x 20", weight: 11.3 kg/wheel (Forged Factory-Spec: 13.2 kg/wheel)
So a total weight saving of 5.8 kgs

Currently only offered in silver and are EUR 5,690 for the set.

6112-001-Emira-KT-7Forgend-Felgensatz-bearb-1-4_600x600.jpg

Info here:

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The 20" forged wheels on the Evora are about £1,100-1,300 for a pair depending on the finish. Cast ones are about half that.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Personally, I'm out on these. I just don't like the design. I'll keep my eyes open but the Lotus V-Spoke is just that good looking. It'll interesting to see so.ething that can look better.
Agree not a fan.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Personally, I'm out on these. I just don't like the design. I'll keep my eyes open but the Lotus V-Spoke is just that good looking. It'll interesting to see so.ething that can look better.
I'm personally considering these (but I'm not bothering to ask about pricing until later in the year) - very similar to a BBS FI-R, which I love the look of :love:
6AD 1.02 | 6AD Forged Wheels

G

Guest142

I'm personally considering these (but I'm not bothering to ask about pricing until later in the year) - very similar to a BBS FI-R, which I love the look of :love:
6AD 1.02 | 6AD Forged Wheels
The ones pictured in the link you provided are seriously good looking. I'd definitely get those in the same color they are pictured in. Will those fit the Emira? If so, I'm definitely interested. They look great.

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The ones pictured in the link you provided are seriously good looking. I'd definitely get those in the same color they are pictured in. Will those fit the Emira? If so, I'm definitely interested. They look great.
They machine them to your custom specifications, so yes, you could exactly match the Emira factory wheel specs, or tweak the offset by a few mm if you wanted to.

There are likely many custom wheel shops in the US who could do something similar, probably for cheaper than getting them from the UK ;)

G

Guest142

They machine them to your custom specifications, so yes, you could exactly match the Emira factory wheel specs, or tweak the offset by a few mm if you wanted to.

There are likely many custom wheel shops in the US who could do something similar, probably for cheaper than getting them from the UK ;)
Sent an email. Thank you. Looking for the Emira wheel dimensions now. If anyone can repost them here that'd be great.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sent an email. Thank you. Looking for the Emira wheel dimensions now. If anyone can repost them here that'd be great.
Here:

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mmmm shiny. So much better than black :p

Interesting (as in, how did I miss this) that Rimstock is not doing the manufacture any more.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Me neither - They just seem too... straight/angular(?) for the Emira body shape, something just not right about them on the Emira to my eye.

They look like some sort of aftermarket wheel you might see on a hot hatch to me.