Komotec exhaust flap control

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I see this is now listed on the komotec site, has anyone installed this?
Quite expensive, both my STO and RS3 controller costed me 320-350€ each, I do consider this option but might wait and see other options when they come

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
An option is to just drive a few meters until you end up in limp mode which seems to override the flap into the always open position 😂

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I assume it is the same as moving from Tour to Sport and back, etc, but that you can control the valve in any mode.
Not sure that is worth paying for. Well, not for me. I always start in Race and always leave it there. Ah, sorry, except for motorway when I fancy relaxing and the cruise only works in Tour.

Still waiting for my full exhaust syste. As it happens, they are working on the 'flap'.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oooooh, mine only has Tour, Sport and Track. You must have one of the VIP cars if you have Race mode.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I assume it is the same as moving from Tour to Sport and back, etc, but that you can control the valve in any mode.
Not sure that is worth paying for. Well, not for me. I always start in Race and always leave it there. Ah, sorry, except for motorway when I fancy relaxing and the cruise only works in Tour.

Still waiting for my full exhaust syste. As it happens, they are working on the 'flap'.
If it’s anything like the other more modern cars I had it doesn’t fully open the flap (not even in track) until a certain rpm is reached. Same with the rev limiter in idle (hint: just press the clutch in fully and it vanishes 😂)

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Quite expensive, both my STO and RS3 controller costed me 320-350€ each, I do consider this option but might wait and see other options when they come
Some people will spend 5 - 10 times that amount on useless carbon bits just for appearance. (Oh well❣️👀)

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some people will spend 5 - 10 times that amount on useless carbon bits just for appearance. (Oh well❣️👀)
No doubt and I’m one of those people but it doesn’t mean it isn’t overpriced, there will be other alternatives so why over pay ? that’s just my logic. (And factory options (usually) don’t have alternatives)

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If it’s anything like the other more modern cars I had it doesn’t fully open the flap (not even in track) until a certain rpm is reached. Same with the rev limiter in idle (hint: just press the clutch in fully and it vanishes 😂)
Yep, had the internals modified on my oem exhaust today (it's basically the same now as the supersprint apparently) and it's amplified this, even in track the valve doesn't full open until around 5k rpm. At which point it sounds epic but I'd like more low down drama

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yep, had the internals modified on my oem exhaust today (it's basically the same now as the supersprint apparently) and it's amplified this, even in track the valve doesn't full open until around 5k rpm. At which point it sounds epic but I'd like more low down drama
So are the valves fully open even at low revs with this remote control ?

EFE

Reaction score
Yes, it's fitted to my car! There's more on it in my journal but yes fully open is fully open all the time and magnificent. Closed is closed and the 3rd option is factory settings

Very nice! I just found it on your journal. Very tempting, although my standard exhaust is sounding much better after a decent thrashing around the Alps.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

just for understandig: Can somebody please let me know how the valves/flaps working in Tour/Sport and Track mode: When are the valves open at which RPM etc….thanks

OP
AndyVX

AndyVX

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure I saw a discussion on the drive modes on this forum that explains the exhaust, idle, redline, and TC settings in each mode