Stock Emira Wheels and Tires

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the specs on the stock wheel options (weight?)

The stock tires appear to be 245/35/20 in the front and 295/30/20 in the rear.

-----
Stock wheels on the FE (forged) are the following spec:

Front: 8.5x20 ET 57
Rear: 10.5x20 ET 54

Manufactured by Dicastal (US) in China.

Other markings indicate they are forged from 6061 aluminum though oddly it doesn't indicate what alloy, which would be useful.

The front are rated to to 460kg, rear to 685kg.

Thanks @Porter (y)
----

Updated 2-12-24

Center Bore / Hub Bore:
Front axle: 68.1mm
Rear axle: 68.1mm

Bolt Pattern (PCD):
Front axle: 5x114.3 (5x4.5)
Rear axle: 5x114.3 (5x4.5)

Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
Thread Size: M12 x 1.5

Thanks @finny76

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Cool, the rear tires are much wider than I thought they would be! :cool:

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For sure! Any idea what brand/model will be used?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

A204189

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specs on the stock wheel options (weight?)

The stock tires appear to be 245/35/20 in the front and 295/30/20 in the rear.
I'd like to know Wheel width, backspacing and offset for the 20" wheels which I suspect have a 5 x 114 bolt pattern. I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack when scouring the internet for these wheel specs.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm very curious about the forged wheel weight too (not that we have a choice with the FE). How much do the Evora's rear (20") forged wheels weigh (hopefully ~20lbs)? And who makes them (BBS, OZ, Enkei)? Are they fully forged or just flow formed with just the barrel forged and not the face?

While we're talking details... Are we getting AP or Brembo brakes?

Adam.sinclair

Reaction score
I'm very curious about the forged wheel weight too (not that we have a choice with the FE). How much do the Evora's rear (20") forged wheels weigh (hopefully ~20lbs)? And who makes them (BBS, OZ, Enkei)? Are they fully forged or just flow formed with just the barrel forged and not the face?

While we're talking details... Are we getting AP or Brembo brakes?
I was told today the brakes on the FE are definitely AP. .

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I assume the Pilot Sport Cups will be a summer tire only and not rated for 40 degrees and below? Even though they are made special for the Emira, I assume this is still true. (EDIT: I should be receiving my car late 22 or early 23. ) Anyone else in this situation of receiving summer tires in the winter? I am just throwing this out there to see what other people will be doing in this situation.

I will have a winter and summer setup but I wanted the winter setup to have the aftermarket wheel on it so I want to keep the Cups on the stock wheels. It may work well if the engine has a break in period. I will only drive it once or twice a month so by the time it's ready to go I could have chosen and ordered the winter wheel setup.

edwardbradley

Reaction score
I assume the Pilot Sport Cups will be a summer tire only and not rated for 40 degrees and below? Even though they are made special for the Emira, I assume this is still true. (EDIT: I should be receiving my car late 22 or early 23. ) Anyone else in this situation of receiving summer tires in the winter? I am just throwing this out there to see what other people will be doing in this situation.

I will have a winter and summer setup but I wanted the winter setup to have the aftermarket wheel on it so I want to keep the Cups on the stock wheels. It may work well if the engine has a break in period. I will only drive it once or twice a month so by the time it's ready to go I could have chosen and ordered the winter wheel setup.
Are all tires summer only? Or can you get all season tires

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, the Goodyear's are All Season. I am 90% sure the Cup 2s are Track, Extreme Summer tires.
I think "All Season" might be overstating it (as that term usually means the compound and tread are somewhere between a summer and winter tyre) ... they are UHP summer tyres. They are certainly going to be less awful than Cup 2s in cold/wet conditions, but you'll want to be a little bit careful staying on them in winter (which I totally do - PS4S all year round for my current car, so meh)

Last edited:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think "All Season" might be overstating it (as that term usually means the compound and tread are somewhere between a summer and winter tyre) ... they are UHP summer tyres. They are certainly going to be less awful than Cup 2s in cold/wet conditions, but you'll want to be a little bit careful staying on them in winter (which I totally do for my current car, so meh)
Do we know the temperature rating for the Goodyears?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can't find an actual temp rating with a quick browse, but being categorised as an "ultra ultra high performance" tyre, I'd suggest grip drops away below 7 degrees Celsius

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't know about your winters, but both tire options are completely unable to cope with winter conditions. The Cup 2s aren't even working in the rain. I regularly see Porsche GT3s on the Autobahn driving 60 kp/h in the rain while some of the normal cars are still driving at speeds north of 200 kp/h. The Goodyears have no problem with rain, but if it get's cold, slippery or even snowy, then you are completely done and should better park your car.