• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Email... V6 Delayed to 2024!

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the reasons for the delay could be that the 700 cars promised for North America are going to have to be sold for $11,000 less than otherwise because they're price-protected. That's a $7,700,000 loss in the eyes of the bean counters. Never mind that those 700 people have paid their order deposit and been waiting almost 2 1/2 years. Bean counters don't care about that, they only look at the numbers.

The other possibility is they may be concerned about a flood of orders once those 700 cars start showing up on the streets. The Emira is supposed to be their last ICE car, not the most successful car they've ever built or are currently building. We know they're supposed to be switching over to all electric in the next couple of years, so dragging their feet on delivering cars to the U.S. could be to minimize an explosion of orders for Emiras.

Since the Type 135 is also supposedly coming out in 2025, that's only 15 months from now, which I would guess means a preview debut at Goodwood FOS, which is about 9 months away. If they're hoping for a surge of orders for that next summer, that could possibly help move a lot of interest away from the Emira. Depends on the price too I would think. One of the big draws for the Emira originally was its price point. I don't see the Type 135 being below $100k which moves it out of the range of the majority of the market, especially now with inflation and current economic struggles.

We or at least the dealers, were told that N.A. production would begin in September. Since they're only producing Monday-Thursday, that means there's only 4 production days left now in September. Yeah... not gonna happen. I won't be at all surprised to find out production is now planned to start in January, so all the expenses for that can be rolled over to next year on the books, which would make this year look better financially than last year. Whenever corporations are doing things that don't seem to make sense, it usually has something to do with money.
Solution? Move the production full time to China. Seems like that's one thing they have right. Isn't the Electre supposed to be releasing in a few weeks? Thats produced in China facility.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Solution? Move the production full time to China. Seems like that's one thing they have right. Isn't the Electre supposed to be releasing in a few weeks? Thats produced in China facility.
If so, you can kiss availability in the US goodbye. China-built cars have an elevated import tariff into the US.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If so, you can kiss availability in the US goodbye. China-built cars have an elevated import tariff into the US.
Thats very true. Maybe they have already thought of that?....... If these SUV's take off in China, they dont even need NA sales to be honest.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The delay in US deliveries is inexcusable, but the worst part is the poor customer management by way of communication (the lack thereof).

Yup.. And that's the main reason I cancelled. I've used this example before, but if I can get numerous status updates about a $20 pizza delivery order, why can't Lotus send me ANY updates on my $100k exotic car order? I waited 2 years and all I got was an invite to test drive and a formal delay email in August 2022. Absolutely nothing when my spring 2023 delivery time frame was missed. 🙄

ARiME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I recently received notice from my dealership that my FE V6 will be starting its journey to NA next week. I’m in the first 10 allocations with them. First deposit placed in July 2021, right after Goodwood debut.

Will post updates over next coming weeks. Hoping it will arrive before end of year…🤞

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I recently received notice from my dealership that my FE V6 will be starting its journey to NA next week. I’m in the first 10 allocations with them. First deposit placed in July 2021, right after Goodwood debut.

Will post updates over next coming weeks. Hoping it will arrive before end of year…🤞
No, is it really happening?! :giggle:

I can't quite believe it, but that's good news for all you over the pond waiting for such a long time. In the end it'll be all good. (y)

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Well at least you won’t have to mothball it for winter……oh wait…..

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Which dealer? Surprised others haven't gotten an email from other dealerships

Ryder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Congrats, I will keep my fingers crossed for your Emira arrival. Please let us know which Lotus dealership has your order.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I saw someone post yesterday on another site that Gentry Lane's first batch of Canadian cars has just landed in a USA port. So maybe in a couple weeks we will have deliveries for Toronto.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Part of the challenge is that not all dealers get the same amount of allocations. Some will get under 10 cars the whole year. So a benefit to go with larger lotus dealers.