• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Email... V6 Delayed to 2024!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I too got the email today - FE V6 manual. Deposit placed 8th Nov 2021. Delivery has moved from Spring 2023 to Q1 2024!

Yes, email received confirms it will be a First Edition.

Will think about it over the weekend...

This is insane! I'm never getting this damn car.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Same for me - email this morning from LCC telling me my build schedule is now Q2 2024 - this is after an earlier email (8.22 from LCC) telling me Q2 2023. I'm a Feb 22 deposit for I4, so I understand I'm late to the party but this is still very poor.
I called LCC today to check Q2 2024 was correct & ask what has happened since 8.22 to push build back by 1 year - the clerk who took my call cheerfully told me it was "due to parts & scheduling" When I pushed for more details she said " I understand you have had bad news, other customers who have called understand & accept the situation " I know this forum has recorded numerous frustrations with the whole Emira launch & my experience today epitomises Lotus' complete lack of customer care & the whole CX.
Q2 2024 is just too long to stay connected, without a car, to a brand that is increasingly frustrating its customer base. I'll stay in for a few months to see if things change & improve but other options are now a serious consideration.
I agree! I deposited in early Sept of this year and am perfectly happy to wait until the end of '23, but mid to late '24 will put me on that cancellation list for sure!! It's a nice car but not that nice.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I did my test drive here in November 2022, I asked my US dealer if he knew when I'd have to lock in my choices. I placed a deposit Nov/Dec of 2021. He at that time told me that I'd lock in April 23 for an October 23 build, to be delivered Q1/Q2 of 2024. So this thread still seems to support that timeline.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m not sure what this delay means for first wave U.S. V6 FE deliveries.
They will build the 700 US/CAN V6 F/E in Q1/Q2 2023.(base edition or i4 I have no idea when that happens) - I think what you are seeing in the email to UK depositors is them getting pushed out further for the following reasons;

1. Lotus is making production for ROW more of a priority - multiple reasons include brand awareness, market saturation for Emira's in the UK, sales push for Eletre etc.

2. Hope that many of the later UK depositers that were promised V6 F/E cars cancel and new one's take the spot for a base edition. The fact that they are saying F/E V6 build slots into mid 2024 (without price changes so far) makes zero business sense. I think they realize this, but don't know how to fix it.

All speculation from me mind you.

jagseven

Reaction score
Had my email - I was late to the party with deposit May 2022 thinking I’d get a car by end of 2023 (they quoted 60 weeks at point of order) but have now been told Q2 2024. Very tempted to cancel now - will decide after upcoming test drive. Mine is V6 manual FE.

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
US deposit in 11/2021 here. Base V6 so I guess that means late 2024 or possibly even 2025?!

I’ll still leave my deposit in just because $2500 isn’t huge, supposed MSRP honored price, and nothing else seems desirable.

That said, much can happen in 2-3 years. I’d be surprised if I don’t eventually go Cayman or M2. Or I can even do something completely different like a Civic type R Or race prepped Miata.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I have just had notice of a delay until 2024 for my First (🤔😂) edition!
I will tell myself that's its so they can iron out the niggles!
Can someone please post their email here? I’m an October 2021 depositor in Australia (FE V6 manual) — my dealer hasn’t respond to my queries.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sadly it makes total business sense to prioritize North America deliveries given the current exchange rate (assuming this is the reasoning behind it).

Having said that, if US deliveries get similarly pushed into 2024 then I'm out. I'd likely keep my deposit in just in case, but 95% would be looking elsewhere. Love the car, but waiting 2-2.5 years with zero comms or emails (at least to me) just doesn't cut it. Life is too short to waste so much time waiting!

Maybe I'd return if they make a manual Emira GT with carbon buckets and 460hp one day...

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If Lotus keeps price promise at time of deposit - given UKs inflation rise since 2021 - original MRSP is a bit of a bargain!! No way I’m changing from FE to BE until I know what price & options costs are on the BE. Original FE price might be the best value after all.

GJH

Reaction score
If Lotus keeps price promise at time of deposit - given UKs inflation rise since 2021 - original MRSP is a bit of a bargain!! No way I’m changing from FE to BE until I know what price & options costs are on the BE. Original FE price might be the best value after all.
My date has been put back to Q3 2024, which means 30% inflation since RRP announced PLUS a probable depreciation in £/$, £/Yuan and wherever else the stuff they make the Emira comes from.

So the chances that Geely eat such a huge change is zero, imho. It'll be £100k by then easy.

Rybrook Bristol better come up with a better test route if it wants me to spend that much...

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had same email…. Deposit Dec ‘21 for V6 FE, now expected Q1 2024, so well over a 2 year lead time…. ridiculous! This is not a hand built Ferrari!
The engine & overall package will be pretty dated by 2024…. I’ll leave deposit in out of interest, but unlikely I’ll take the car unless it has any flip value… I’ll have ordered & taken delivery of 3 other cars from more prestigious marques by then!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Had same email…. Deposit Dec ‘21 for V6 FE, now expected Q1 2024, so well over a 2 year lead time…. ridiculous! This is not a hand built Ferrari!
The engine & overall package will be pretty dated by 2024…. I’ll leave deposit in out of interest, but unlikely I’ll take the car unless it has any flip value… I’ll have ordered & taken delivery of 3 other cars from more prestigious marques by then!
But it is mostly hand built with less manufacturing output then Ferrari.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hand built with robot manufacturing line and some robotic chassis gluing.

Lotus (Norfolk) is still a boutique outfit. I suspect the EVs will be better built once they iron out production issues with the Emira - their beta test bed…. I can see Lotus getting the hang of this volume sports car manufacturing malarky…..

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My date has been put back to Q3 2024, which means 30% inflation since RRP announced PLUS a probable depreciation in £/$, £/Yuan and wherever else the stuff they make the Emira comes from.

So the chances that Geely eat such a huge change is zero, imho. It'll be £100k by then easy.

Rybrook Bristol better come up with a better test route if it wants me to spend that much...
In all honesty the recession will be most likely be over in Q3 2024. Great timing to pick up the Emira.

1500 GT

Reaction score
So you won’t need a dated old Lotus Emira then with at least 3 more prestigious motor cars added to what I assume is an already impressive garage? For me there are just too many whinging w**ly wavers on this forum.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sadly it makes total business sense to prioritize North America deliveries given the current exchange rate (assuming this is the reasoning behind it).

Having said that, if US deliveries get similarly pushed into 2024 then I'm out. I'd likely keep my deposit in just in case, but 95% would be looking elsewhere. Love the car, but waiting 2-2.5 years with zero comms or emails (at least to me) just doesn't cut it. Life is too short to waste so much time waiting!

Maybe I'd return if they make a manual Emira GT with carbon buckets and 460hp one day...
I’m not convinced they’re going to prioritize US deliveries. I have no way to back it up either way — just gut feeling.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
But it is mostly hand built with less manufacturing output then Ferrari.
Oh please….. it’s a robotic line…. It should be moving a lot quicker! My point is really, this is not a limited production luxury car, it’s a main stream low cost sports car…. an underpowered one at that!