Consolidated Emira Prototype Review Thread

With most of the reviews out now it's best to create one centralised thread to discuss review impressions, comments and feedback

Print Reviews:

Video Reviews

Last edited:

HeReigns

Reaction score
Yes, 6800 in Tour and 7000 in Sport/Track/Off
It looks like based on this document max redline is 6800rpm. In tour maybe its 6600rpm. I guess we probably won't know for sure until someone has an actual finished car.

Attachments

• 6800 MAX RPM.pdf
    169.7 KB · Views: 65

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It looks like based on this document max redline is 6800rpm. In tour maybe its 6600rpm. I guess we probably won't know for sure until someone has an actual finished car.

Try this, it draws on info in the Emira V6 Product Definition Document and Sport is +200 on Tour and that is 6800. It's the same as the Evora V6.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, after viewing/reading all of these, I am feeling no more excited than yesterday. I guess I am going to wait until I see one in person at the dealership for a final feeling, but it just isn't striking me after going through these reviews.

To compare, when I watched the intro video Chevrolet made for the new Z06 last October, I was blown away! I have never even been a Corvette fan and dislike Chevrolet, but when I watched the intro and listened to them talk about it, and hear the engine, I was smiling and nearly pushed to tears at the thought of it and the excitement. When watching the Top Gear and Carfection videos reviewing the Emira, I never even experienced a change of facial expression, I just felt kind of numb watching it. I'm not sure what that says, because I've been sooooo eagerly awaiting any new pictures or press of this car for months.

Maybe in person will change my mind? I wish I could get a demo car to sit in and take for a spin!!!!
Great observation watched both even talked with the local CHEVY dealer… My would be a convertible in red like the video. Never though I would ever consider a corvette. The video is brilliant! However wife & daughter are totally against the corvette.. Daughter loves the idea of the lotus she grow up driving a Porsche Boxster. I did like the first 2 sections of the Topgear video, however the track guy really screwed up saying he couldn’t recommend it against a Porsche… “ Don’t even like watching that part “