Consolidated Emira Prototype Review Thread

With most of the reviews out now it's best to create one centralised thread to discuss review impressions, comments and feedback

Print Reviews:

Video Reviews

Last edited:

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Strange how the copy in each of the written reviews is almost identical - provides some insight into how the press works, or perhaps how lazy they are.

timbo999

Reaction score
Strange how the copy in each of the written reviews is almost identical - provides some insight into how the press works, or perhaps how lazy they are.
Autocar and Pistonheads are always essentially the same review as they are both Haymarkets and often carried out by the same person as in this case (Mike Duff).

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Oh goodness, a whole thread of reading. Wonderful! I am taking a long lunch today.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Confusing Catchpole talks about not being able ESC off, yet the written reviews talk about the how manageable it is with the ESC off

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That struck me too! I kept thinking, haven't I already read this one? I wonder if they were given written handouts which they have all used a bit too literally...possibly lazy as you say?!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am a bit puzzled by some of the negativity around the reviews, did I not read that these were all done a few weeks ago so we all know there were no production cars available then, hence Validation models used?

I'd much rather have these now than waiting for production car reviews - I guess those will come together with the first actual road (rather than track) tests?

It feels like there is absolute transparency about what is final production standard and what is not, with some useful comments based on that. If anything some of this ratchets up the expectation, I think Henry Catchpole made a comment along the lines of "Lotus have clearly set the bar higher for themselves if they are calling things out as sub-standard right now which would have made production a few years ago."

To me, this is easily close enough to a production car to tell me what I needed to know - in other words it is independent validation of what Lotus and a few select others have been telling us since launch.

Last edited:
OP
X

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Top Gear review was much better. Might have jumped the gun with my initial impressions because this put a smile back on my face.

I appreciate that they took the time to give an overall impression of the car (I assume they had more time) and having different perspectives and presenters helped to keep the content fresh. Really looking forward to mine now.

🙂

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
its amazing how 2 different reviews can leave you feeling differently.

The Carfection one i saw this morning left me feeling "flat and deflated enthusiasm", a lacklustre but honest (tbf) review and they were limited to the track.

This review has left me feeling excited again for my first edition.
Seeing it in the valleys, and a comparison next to the exotic Huracan (i believe) made all the difference.

They really have stepped up in terms of the interior finish, one of the key concerns for me, and from what i have seen on the red interior, i feel confident i made the right choice.

i am also glad it wasnt Chris Harris "Hooning" it around the track

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Top Gear review was much better. Might have jumped the gun with my initial impressions because this put a smile back on my face.

I appreciate that they took the time to give an overall impression of the car (I assume they had more time) and having different perspectives and presenters helped to keep the content fresh. Really looking forward to mine now.

🙂
exactly what i just said too :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
its amazing how 2 different reviews can leave you feeling differently.

The Carfection one i saw this morning left me feeling "flat and deflated enthusiasm", a lacklustre but honest (tbf) review and they were limited to the track.

This review has left me feeling excited again for my first edition.
Seeing it in the valleys, and a comparison next to the exotic Huracan (i believe) made all the difference.

They really have stepped up in terms of the interior finish, one of the key concerns for me, and from what i have seen on the red interior, i feel confident i made the right choice.

i am also glad it wasnt Chris Harris "Hooning" it around the track
(y) Couldn't agree more.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What I don't like at the moment is that throughout all the reviews they stated that the Emiras exhaust note is way quieter than the Evoras. I thought that this will happen, but still it's a big disappointment. It also doesn't sound remotely as good as the Evora as far as you can tell from hearing both trough a YouTube video.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What I don't like at the moment is that throughout all the reviews they stated that the Emiras exhaust note is way quieter than the Evoras. I thought that this will happen, but still it's a big disappointment. It also doesn't sound remotely as good as the Evora as far as you can tell from hearing both trough a YouTube video.
agreed - but i think one mentioned its to do with new regulations on emission bla bla bla

Surely an aftermarket part or two will sort this down the line ;)