Consolidated Emira Prototype Review Thread

With most of the reviews out now it's best to create one centralised thread to discuss review impressions, comments and feedback

Print Reviews:

Video Reviews

Last edited:

timbo999

Reaction score
What I don't like at the moment is that throughout all the reviews they stated that the Emiras exhaust note is way quieter than the Evoras. I thought that this will happen, but still it's a big disappointment. It also doesn't sound remotely as good as the Evora as far as you can tell from hearing both trough a YouTube video.
If it means it will get through a track noise test and won't wake my neighbours up during my early starts to Castle Combe/Thruxton/Brands, I'm all for it!

OP
X

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If lotus are clever about it (like Jaguar were) it’ll be fairly easy to defeat the ‘exhaust closed’ startup.

I hope the non-European versions aren’t as tamed.

ssminnowjnsn

Reaction score
What I don't like at the moment is that throughout all the reviews they stated that the Emiras exhaust note is way quieter than the Evoras. I thought that this will happen, but still it's a big disappointment. It also doesn't sound remotely as good as the Evora as far as you can tell from hearing both trough a YouTube video.
Agree after watching both the Carfection and Top Gear videos I was struck by how quiet the exhauast note was vs. say, what we heard during the Harry's Garage video. Chalk it up to journalists driving slowly (half joking here)? I'm curious if that, the OPF, or both is the main issue. Any thoughts?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, after viewing/reading all of these, I am feeling no more excited than yesterday. I guess I am going to wait until I see one in person at the dealership for a final feeling, but it just isn't striking me after going through these reviews.

To compare, when I watched the intro video Chevrolet made for the new Z06 last October, I was blown away! I have never even been a Corvette fan and dislike Chevrolet, but when I watched the intro and listened to them talk about it, and hear the engine, I was smiling and nearly pushed to tears at the thought of it and the excitement. When watching the Top Gear and Carfection videos reviewing the Emira, I never even experienced a change of facial expression, I just felt kind of numb watching it. I'm not sure what that says, because I've been sooooo eagerly awaiting any new pictures or press of this car for months.

Maybe in person will change my mind? I wish I could get a demo car to sit in and take for a spin!!!!

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agree after watching both the Carfection and Top Gear videos I was struck by how quiet the exhauast note was vs. say, what we heard during the Harry's Garage video. Chalk it up to journalists driving slowly (half joking here)? I'm curious if that, the OPF, or both is the main issue. Any thoughts?
It‘s definitely not the OPF, because for this year it has none. They will integrate it for the 2023 production run, because they have to. While writing that however, I just realized that the white car is not a first edition spec car. Maybe it has the filter and the car from the Harry’s Garage video was without the OPF.
I really hoped for something more than that, this single shortcoming makes me think about jumping out and going with an Evora. Let’s see what the production spec FE car will sound like. This can‘t be it…

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
TG review better received, but got to say Mr Catchpole has the best downshifts

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, after viewing/reading all of these, I am feeling no more excited than yesterday. I guess I am going to wait until I see one in person at the dealership for a final feeling, but it just isn't striking me after going through these reviews.

To compare, when I watched the intro video Chevrolet made for the new Z06 last October, I was blown away! I have never even been a Corvette fan and dislike Chevrolet, but when I watched the intro and listened to them talk about it, and hear the engine, I was smiling and nearly pushed to tears at the thought of it and the excitement. When watching the Top Gear and Carfection videos reviewing the Emira, I never even experienced a change of facial expression, I just felt kind of numb watching it. I'm not sure what that says, because I've been sooooo eagerly awaiting any new pictures or press of this car for months.

Maybe in person will change my mind? I wish I could get a demo car to sit in and take for a spin!!!!
Welcome to British journalism (& Britishness), reserved, logical and usually ash face. The same people who will describe Putin as a bit of a nuisance and Covid as inconvenient 😐

Im sure when the American's get hold of it there will be some more yeehaa for you ;)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to British journalism (& Britishness), reserved, logical and usually ash face. The same people who will describe Putin as a bit of a nuisance and Covid as inconvenient 😐

Im sure when the American's get hold of it there will be some more yeehaa for you ;)
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Hope we don't disappoint.. :)

HeReigns

Reaction score
It seems some of the reviews state 6800 redline and others 7000. Is this due to the car being in tour vs sport? I’m still curious where the missing 16hp and 7lbs of torque went. Could it be the new supercharger or does it make 416 hp in sport mode?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Minor observation/question from the video reviews:

Who will be swapping out the blue plastic water reservoir cap for a nice polished aluminium one?! Kinda jars in that nice on-show engine bay for me.
Black plasti-dip paint $6 😀

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So we know this is the ADAS test car, does that mean it's back on the cards this year? Have they confirmed it won't be on v6FE?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe Chris Harris didn't test drive the Emira because as stated in the videos, the esc in the preproduction test car cannot be fully turned off so no power slides and drifting which are his forte and reason for living.😉
Personally these early video reviews neither excited me nor turned me off the Emira.....they were kind of neutral if you get my drift, and left me feeling just as I felt before watching.
However, what did disappoint me greatly was the exhaust note, very muted and muffled.
I just hope North American cars are not so tame since our noise regulations are not so strict.
I did like the comparison to the Lamborghini, as it really highlights the fact that in terms of styling, the Emira is more exotic than sports car like.
Peace.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If the Top Gear Magazine Review was the only one I saw it got me very excited. Very well scripted and content is so much better than the other(s).

Now the Top Gear TV Show is different I’m gathering from the other posts…

I’m hoping that with the name being the same it’s equally as riveting. I’ve had this video on repeat all day!

#ForTheRiveted

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It seems some of the reviews state 6800 redline and others 7000. Is this due to the car being in tour vs sport? I’m still curious where the missing 16hp and 7lbs of torque went. Could it be the new supercharger or does it make 416 hp in sport mode?
Yes, 6800 in Tour and 7000 in Sport/Track/Off

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
very disappointed for the hype it's not finished . All we have is more lip service of what it's gonna be .

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was specifically told the V6 FE had no particulate filter, but has 3 cats. It certainly sounds a lot more muted than the shadow grey model that was touring round the US, that sounded fantastic when revved. The 3rd cat can be removed and it will be very loud. Let’s wait to hear the final version